Porto Santo Stefano

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Good restaurant for large group of wine lovers

Pisa Jun 12, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Looking for some suggestions for an evening meal in Pisa for a group of 23 wine "students" (mature group ages between 40 & 80) on first night of a brief Chianti tour. We arrive about 7.00pm on a Saturday night in October and will be staying in Castellina. We will have been travelling for all afternoon from the UK by coach & plane, So one option is to eat in the Pisa area before the journey up to Castellina. All ideas welcomed

more
    • Castiglioncello as a day trip?

Castiglioncello Jul 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Hello!

Would Castiglioncello be a good day from from Florence? If so, what sorts of activities would you recommend doing during the day?

I am a big fan of the water, would there be enough time to see the village and go snorkelling?

Thanks.

more
    • New Stores

Florence Jun 17, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi - I was in Florence last year and wanted to know if any new stores had opened since then.

more
    • purse from florence

Florence Jun 13, 2014 at 8:29 AM

try to find out about john f from Florence Italy who sign and made a black clutch purse from my great grandmother nobody seems to know john f

more
    • directions

Siena Jul 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

how to get to Florence airport from Siena

more
    • B&B La Magnolia

Lucca Jun 26, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Would like to return to Lucca next september, does B&B la Magnolia still exist

more
    • Gardens in Grosseto

Grosseto Jun 25, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Giardino la Ferriera was an important garden in Capalbio designed by Giuppi Pietromarchi. Can you tell me if it is available to visit? As well as a name and contact information please.
      Thank you, Julia Guest - West Vancouver BC Canada

more
    • MJ16NYC's Profile Photo

short tours out of Florence with my 84 yr old dad

Florence Jun 14, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I am planning to take my dad to Italy for his first time (tho not mine) in October this yearl. He's a spry and healthy 85-year old man (who forgets how old he is so I need to be a bit careful not to tire him out.) I am doing a two week Home Exchange with an apartment in Florence so we will have a home base from which we can take a couple of trips. And we won't have a car. He very much wants to go to the Amalfi Coast so I'm wondering if it might be best to book a tour from Florence. There's a tour company called bus2Alps.com that has a 4-day tour that I'm exploring, but I wonder if anyone could recommend other tour operators I could investigate? OR if people think it might be just as easy to go to Amalfi and get a hotel for a couple of nights and make our way around on our own?

more
    • Seeing the David

Florence Jun 12, 2014 at 9:11 PM

We are online trying to buy tickets to the Academia gallery to view the David statue and it seems pretty confusing. The tickets seem to be more expensive than I thought they would be - over 20 euros per person. I just want to make sure we are not accidentally paying for more than we want - like the Uffizi gallery, or lunch, or something.

Thanks for any info.

more
    • Vespa ride through Tuscany

Florence Jun 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM

My wife and I will be in Rome (4 days) & decided to take a break to go to Florence for at least most of day 3. I am planning to book a vespa tour that rides through Tuscany for 4 hours w/ meal included. I just wanted to know if anyone has done something similiar and whether it was worthwhile considering the time away from Rome? Thanks for your help.

more
    • Santa Maria Novella

Florence Jun 25, 2014 at 4:51 AM

Are there still some renation works there?

more
    • LauraD40's Profile Photo

Luxury Travel

Florence Jun 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Good Evening everyone

How much and how often would you recommend tipping waiting staff in a 5* boutique hotel?

Thanks in advance

Laura Davies

more
    • Picking up a rental car in Siena

Siena Jun 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Coming in from Florence by bus, where is the car rental area? And, is it better to stay in town without the car first and rent it as we go outwards towards country areas? Was thinking Siena would be a good base and use the car when we wanted to explore other
      towns and return each day to Siena. Got any better ideas? thanks

more
    • Is Ethiad/Darwin Airlines reliable to fly Zurich-Florence?

Florence Jul 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I have to travel from Zurich to Florence, and the only low-cost option seems to be Ethiad Airlines (previously, Darwin Airline). Has any one flown with this company? Is it reliable?
      Thank you!

more
    • in the heart of Florence Hotel of B&B with nice Breakfast.

Florence Jun 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hello,
      Can you suggest the best location that's right at the center, in the heart of the Florence, I'm a city girl, I like all the actions, entertainment, shopping and restaurants. I think up to $350 per night hotel or B&B works for me. I'm going with my husband from July 20-July23. Thank you, Rita

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Day trip to Pisa from Florence

Florence Jul 2, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I have 2 full days in Florence and 1 full day for Pompeii. I would like to find out:

- the best route to get to Pisa. I will be staying near central train station. what are the station name for Pisa?

- if I have 1 full day, how is it best to maximise to see Pisa? Do I get tickets in advance and is there any specific day that it is closed etc? Any specific tips would be helpful.

How much time do I have to allocate to get back to Florence? This will be in mid October - any tips on when sunsets and attractions close would help. Thanks :)

more
    • PTKeil's Profile Photo

Tours and Tuscany

Montecatini Terme Jun 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Hi! I normally tour independently. but after spending many hours planning a 3.5 week trip to Europe with my kids last year, I'm temporarily tapped out on planning. That being said, I am traveling with two friends with Gate One on a guided tour, and we are staying in Montecatini for four nights as part of the itinerary. On a Saturday there is an optional trip my friends are going on to Florence, but I have been twice already and am trying to find something pleasant to do that day that I have never done. Touring PIsa, wine tasting in Chianti, etc. all sound wonderful, but I refuse to drive myself (especially drinking wine), and there are typically only two types tours I am finding
      a.) a huge group tours that herd and hurry you around and give you only an hour or so at a stop or
      b.) private groups tours that cost $400 or more.
      I am not seeing anything in between.

Does anyone have any tours they have been on that have been pleasant and fun? I am OK with traveling from Montecatini to Florence or other cities to start the tour, but if there are tours from Montecatini directly, that would be great.

Tammy

more
    • Parking in San Gimignano

San Gimignano Jun 11, 2014 at 10:25 PM

We are staying for seven days in San Gimignano and will have a hire car. We do not want to pay 2 euro per hour parking as this will get quiet expensive. Does any one know of a free or less expenensive parking area.

more
    • How to get to Pisa Airport

Montecatini Terme Jul 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM

What is the best way to get from Montecatini Terme to Pisa Airport, by bus or by train?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days in Florence

Florence Jul 3, 2014 at 7:11 AM

I initially planned for 3 days in Florence including day trip to Pisa. Now I am extending 1 day so I have 3 full days in Florence (by cutting down 1 day in Venice from 3.5 days to 2.5 days). Is this a good idea?

For 3 full days in Florence, how should I plan it out? I would like to see Duomo, architecure, well known art and do things the local way.

I will be staying near the central train station, is everything walkable? Any recommendation for food?

Any useful tips much appreciated :)

more
    • leila12's Profile Photo

Beach with nightlife

by leila12 Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Can anyone suggest a nice beachtown that also offers good nightlife? I am traveling with my best friend and we will be celebrating our 30th birthdays. Thank you!

• Getting from Rome to Porto Stefano, Italy

by Kiahn Online Now Jun 13, 2006 at 12:53 AM

Hi Everyone,

Would welcome feedback from anyone who has travelled from Rome to Porto Stefano in Italy.

Is there such a thing as cheap accommodation e.g. homestay or bed & breakfast within walking distance to the marina? I am aware that this is high season.

My teenage daughter and I are travelling in early July. Have not been successful in finding much info on the net yet, so I hope there is an intrepit traveller(s) out there who may be able to help.

Many thanks

16 Answers Jul 22, 2006 at 8:19 AM