Porto Santo Island Travel Answers

change location

cost of taxi/bus

by grlynn Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 1:03 PM

we have booked into quinto do serreda hotel in may,and would like to know about taxi or bus fares from hotel to town/beach,any info would be appreciated

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

Re: cost of taxi/bus

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Porto Santo is tiny...one doesn't need great resources to get around it and experience her fully. Taxi service and car hire is there but bus transport would probably be limited - all clearly intended to limit traffic and pollution impact on this special little island. Tho it's been a few years since I was there last, I can't imagine things have greatly changed to accommodate too much modern encroachability. The sea is never far from anywhere including your hotel pretty sure.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • smonteiromota's Profile Photo

by smonteiromota Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 4:06 AM

You are 5,9km away from the beach and 7,9 Km from the night clubs at the docks...It's not far, but is not close too... it's a tricky distance.
    I think you should call to the hotel. I doubt that they don't have a solution for that. When I went to Porto Santo and I wanted to travel arround the island I rented a small car.
    Check here:
    i saw here some telefone numbers from rent-a-car services:

portosantoline.pt/index.php?...

Moinho Rent a car
    Telephone: (+351)291 983260
    Fax : 291 982141

Rodavante
    Telephone: (+351) 291 982925

1 member found this helpful

• by grlynn Online Now May 20, 2013 at 2:28 PM

sorry for slow response,just arrived home after a great week at porto santo,will review soon

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

by SOLODANCER Online Now May 20, 2013 at 2:30 PM

hopefully you found the island to be ideal for you. would be interested to know what you thought of it.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines