Porto Ercole

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• siena global greeter

Siena Aug 9, 2015 at 5:50 AM

I am hoping to book a global greeter but am having trouble filling in the form.The question regarding where I am flying in from and out from does not give me any option other than a specified city stated in the form.
      Will really appreciate if someone who has successfully booked a Siena greeter advise me as to what is the best way. of booking one.
      Grazie Tante

more
    • snorkeling

Isola d' Elba Aug 7, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Where can I go for snorkeling and equipment rentals? Swim with sharks?
      Hows the humidity first week of Sept.? To the locals what is ur favorite restuarant?

more
    • Good hotel in Siena

Siena Aug 6, 2015 at 2:05 PM

We are looking for recommendations for a good hotel in the center (?) of Siena for a few nights in mid-September. I have read that cars are not permitted in the center, so is one better off to stay outside the city walls, where parking will be easier? If so, how does one get into the city and back to a hotel?

Carl

more
    • Des this Itinerary look OK? Tuscany + CT

Tuscany Aug 28, 2015 at 2:33 AM

I'm travelling with my two kids, 19 and 21, in September and would love some feedback on the following itinerary. Trying to keep costs low. We like views, walking, biking, wine/olive oil/cheese stops, nature sites with water, beaches.
      Mon 21: late night arrival Florence
      Tues 22: florence
      Wed 23: florence
      Thur 24: EITHER bike tour around Tuscany that leaves from Florence with a company, wine tasting and some other nice activities but 80 euros each (!) OR go back to the Florence airport by bus (20 Euros each?) and rent a car for two days. First day: Siena, Montelcino, Pienza, Montepulciano and maybe others. Where to stay if we rent a car? I prefer not to drive back into Florence but want to get to Pisa + LaSpezia the next day.
      If we take the bike tour we would go back to Florence for the night.
      Fri 25: take/continue with car to Lucca (bike ride on walls), Pisa (photo op and stroll), possibly a beach stop (?) and return car in LaSpezia. Stay in area of LaSpezia, possibly Lerici or take the ferry or train to Riomaggiore in the Cinque Terre in the evening.
      Sat 26: hike in Cinque Terre
      Sun 27: more Cinque Terre, maybe switch to Monterossa hotel for beach
      Mon 28: more Cinque Terre, train to Genoa early evening and sleep near airport in Genoa
      Tues 29: 8am flight home from Genoa
      Any comments would be highly appreciated!! Thanks.

more
    • chilena1's Profile Photo

Etruscan Cave

Montepulciano Aug 20, 2015 at 6:11 PM

I was in Montepulciano this summer. It happened that I went into one of many wine tasting places. And inside was an Etruscan cave. I wish I can remember the name of the wine tasting place. It was at the entrance of the main Puerta. Can anybody tell me if you know the name?
      Greatly appreciate it.
      Lidia

more
    • parking near The Piazza Grande

Arezzo Aug 16, 2015 at 10:39 AM

We will be traveling by car. Is there parking near the Piazza Grande?

more
    • from Poggibonsi to Firenca

Poggibonsi Jul 31, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Dear,

can you tell me best way to visit Florence and Siena from Poggibonsi.
      1. is there trains station or bus station wich goes to florence/siena
      2. is better to travel with train or bus
      3. how often are bus/train departures
      4. how much is cost of ticket ?

thank you for your time

more
    • Information office in Montecatini Terme/

Montecatini Terme Aug 23, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Where is the Information office, in Montecatini Terme and what are the hours it is open ???
      Thanks
      David

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Pisa to Cinque Terre

Pisa Aug 13, 2015 at 10:28 PM

I want to travel from Pisa to Cinque Terre in October. What are the options for transport and how often do they go?

more
    • Trekki's Profile Photo

Wineries in Tuscany

Tuscany Aug 20, 2015 at 7:32 AM

Hello all :-)

my sister is looking for wineries in Tuscany as a surprise for her hubby. Sadly I could not yet convince her to consider the wineries in Umbria or Marche, but .. one day hopefully.

She looks for wineries which offer more wine tasting and less showing the wine making techniques. They like Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and otherwise Bardolino from Lake Garda.

She considers staying near San Gimignano. But they love to drive, so a good winery not so close by isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance!!
      Ingrid

more
    • availability of buses

Lucca Aug 6, 2015 at 11:02 PM

can you catch a bus from Florence airport to Lucca on a saturday

more
    • ZTL zone and parking area.

Pisa Aug 9, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hi!
      It is my first time to Europe.
      I am heading Florence next week and will hope to have a drive down to Pisa and then down to Rome.

I tried to find the ZTL map but failed and only managed to find the ZTL at Florence.

Can anybody give me advise which road to take and park where?

Thanks, and appreciate any of you who can help me with =]

more
    • leila12's Profile Photo

Nightlife

by leila12 Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 10:10 AM

How is the nightlife in Porto Ercole and surrounding areas? Are there any towns nearby with an active nighlife? Thanks!

• area surrounding porto ercole

by genebeans Online Now May 28, 2005 at 11:13 AM

We are thinking about five or six days in Porto Ercole at Il Pelicano. Is there a village nearby to walk to as we don,t enjoy eating every meal in a hotel and like to explore little villages and their cooking etc. Would appreciate any info at all. Thank you

6 Answers Jul 4, 2006 at 6:45 PM