Travel Answers
Porto

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• how to travel from city to city or village to village without a car?

by TerLem2 Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM

We will arrive in Lisbon by plane. I know we can take train to Porto, but does train go directly to other towns, like Coimbra, Braga, etc?

13 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • wandeljp's Profile Photo

Where to stay ?

by wandeljp Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Have any one a address to stay for 2 people for 2 night begin of May? I was thinking on Airb&b, have you an idea about it? Thanks :-)

13 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    • KennedyBrown's Profile Photo

Best places for 20-year old American girls to visit in Porto?

by KennedyBrown Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM

My friend and I are traveling to Porto in July of 2014 from the States and are staying for roughly 3 weeks. I have never been to Portugal and have a few questions:

1) What are the safest cities to stay in that are close to everything? (Shops, resturaunts, nightclubs, etc)
      2) Where do you find 20-25 year olds on weekends? (Nightclubs, bars, etc)
      3) What are some mandatory things we must see as tourists?
      4) What are some other things I should know about visiting Porto?

3 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • mediaqueen's Profile Photo

Alsa Bus in Porto

by mediaqueen Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I can not find the location of where the ALSA bus leaves Porto to go to Santiago their web site has a vague map I read it is near Casa da Musica subway station, any know exactly where it is
      thank you

2 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 2:32 AM
    • LivaL's Profile Photo

Peneda-Gerês National Park on 21.09 or 22.09.

by LivaL Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

hi, i and my friend want to visit Peneda-Gerês National Park on 21.09 or 22.09. But we are only 2, they need minimum 4 people. Maybe someone want to join us? here is link: http://www.oportoadventuretours.com/

2 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 12:54 PM
    • AlohaLinda's Profile Photo

Car rentals - Automatic!

by AlohaLinda Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 5:34 AM

I have been traveling Portugal by Train,bus,boat and foot and now would like to rent a car. I have found only 1 site offering automatic car rentals, and the rates change from 35E to 105E!!! Any suggestions? I would prefer to drive to see this beautiful countryside. Looking to do a one day drive tomorrow. If that does not work, any other suggestions?
      I know the river boats offer tours ... but I would like something less touristy.

I have used many suggestions by VT members and have been so happy with everyones recommendations :)

Mahalo,
      Linda

2 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    • bull fighting in O Porto?

by Secondtimer Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I have heard that Portuguese bullfights are worth seeing. We will be visiting O Porto and wondered if we can see one in that area? Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    • zaffaran's Profile Photo

Porto Card

by zaffaran Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I wonder if you've bought a Porto tourist card? Is it worth buying? Does it include unlimited use of public transport in all zones? Thank you. Anita

3 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM

A beach near Porto

by zaffaran Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Can you possibly recommend a nice beach which is near Porto (and accessible by public transport)? I'm not very keen on sunbathing but I'd love to have a swim in the ocean once I happen to be there. Thank you in advance. Anita

6 Answers Jun 23, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    • 8 HRS LAYOVER IN PORTO

by Bjpen25 Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM

My son in law could only drop us off in city of Porto or directly at Porto airport at 8 in the morning. Our flight from Porto to Spain is at 4:15 p.m. What would you advice us to do: stay in Porto and go around city (with our luggage) or be early at the airport and wait for 8 hrs and do what? Your suggestions are appreciated Thanks. Bernadette P

4 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    • Question title

by stuartg433 Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 2:05 AM

4x4 car rental

7 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Mosteiro de Leça do Balio, working hours

by Oleg_D. Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Dear Colleagues, sear travelers,

I would like to specify the working hours of Mosteiro de Leça do Balio. According to the schedule I got from internet it works as follows:

Quarta a domingo das 09h00 às 12h00 e das 14h00 às 17h00 .

What does it mean? Does that mean that Monastery is open from Wednesday through Sunday, from 09h00 till 12h00 and from 14h00 till 17h00. I’m going to visit that place on Saturday morning. Since I will be walking to Santiago de Compostela and passing by that monastery it is very important to be there at proper time.

Thank you in advance about any information about that monastery and its working hours.

Sincerely,

Oleg

5 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • travelling to Bilbao

by barney1916 Online Now Apr 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Hi
      I am in Porto for 4-5 days at the beginning of september which i am really looking forward to.The thing is i am wanting to travel upto Bilbao for a few days as i hear it is an interesting city,i know it is not too far on the map but i hear it is difficult to get between the two cities because of really long bus journeys and expensive and long flights!!Can anyone a)tell me quickest and cheapest form of travel to Bilbao and b)does Bilbao have plenty to offer for a 4-5 day visit?

Thank you in advance :)

7 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    • Which side of river to stay?

by DallasNyer Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Was thinking in Bairro Alto on River but now am thinking the other side?
      Obviously we'll be walking around tons but also want to get to the Matasinhos for dinner or lunch at some point.
      Only have 2-1/2 days.
      Thanks.

5 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    • artonice's Profile Photo

Visiting Porto for 1 or 2 days?

by artonice Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Hi everybody.We are planing a trip from Santiago to Lisbon.We want to stay in Porto too.Firstly we think to stay there for two days but then think that we can stop in other town of Portugal instead of staying one more day in Porto?Do you think 1 day is enough for Porto?Thanks

7 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    • MandeeJC's Profile Photo

Must-do/see in Porto

by MandeeJC Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I'll be heading to Porto toward the end of July with my significant other. Can you recommend anything that we should put on our "must do" list? TIA

6 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • Daytrip to the hilly landscape at the Duoro

by Hedap Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Hi Porto-Community,
      I would like to use one day of my visit for exploring the hilly landscape in the east at the Duoro. I already did some research, however, i couldn't find any way to get to the east (no train, ...).

Hope, that you know how to get there and maybe you have some must-see-locations/hiking trails for me.

Thank you a lot!
      Hedap

7 Answers Mar 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Porto to Santiago de Compostela by public transport

by zaffaran Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Hello,
      while staying in Porto, I'd love to vist Santiago de Compostela (one night in Santiago) and come back to Porto.Can anyone suggest the way I can do it?

14 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 1:36 AM
    • Events in Porto in October 2012

by egmont Online Now Oct 7, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Hi, We are looking to visit Porto around 18th to 25th October. We find many of the hotels are sold out. Is there some big event on in Porto at this time? Thanks for any help!
      Victor

5 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    • Porto Cellars

by Travelgirl_Caroline Online Now Aug 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hello

I am going to Porto in September and I would like to visit 2 cellars.
      Which cellars do you recommend. I would like to visit one from a well-known brand and one unknown brand. If possible I would like to have a visit which is not focused on mass tourism.
      Is there a possiblity to visit also the vineyards with a quinta when you are in Porto. Or are these too far from the city, when you don't have a car?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

7 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Taxi from Airport to center...

by philosykos Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM

How much is a taxi from airport to city center? Is it flat rate? Just want to know what I can expect to pay....daytime..weekday.Thxs!

2 Answers Jul 22, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Taxi from Airport to center...

by philosykos Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM

How much is a taxi from airport to city center? Is it flat rate? Just want to know what I can expect to pay....daytime..weekday.Thxs!

7 Answers Jul 22, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Stamps..........In tobbaconist shops?

by philosykos Online Now Jul 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Can I get stamps at the tobbacco shops (like they do in Spain)..???Thxs!

6 Answers Jul 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Supermarket on Rua Santa Caterina??

by philosykos Online Now Jul 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Is there any supermarket on Rua Santa Catrina shopping street or very near? Many thxs!

1 Answer Jul 13, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Shop sales in July??

by philosykos Online Now Jul 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

When do the shops have the sales on now in summer?? In July???

4 Answers Jul 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    • sandgrounder's Profile Photo

River Douro Day Cruise

by sandgrounder Online Now Jul 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Whilst staying in Porto my wife and I would like to take a day cruise on the River Douro. From reading other posts it sounds like Douro Azul are the ones to go with. If we were to do one of the longer cruises where you get the train to or from Regua for example would it be better to do the boat cruise upstream and get the train back or is it best to get the train first and then cruise back downstream?
      Also is it necessary to book well in advance or could we book while in Porto the day before?
      Thank you

6 Answers Jul 6, 2012 at 5:41 AM
    • T-and-K's Profile Photo

Spa with indoor and outdoor pools in or near Porto city.

by T-and-K Online Now Jun 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Hi all

Please recommend some nice spa in or near the city of Porto with indoor and outdoor pools, steam rooms and possibility for massages. I've been googling my head off but only seem to find day spa's. The idea is basically to start off the vacation by laying in different pools and having a massage afterwards instead of having treatment sessions in day spa.

Thanks in advance! =)

1 Answer Jun 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Website for Awa Porto Santa Andre Hotel??

by philosykos Online Now May 29, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Anyone know the website for the Awa Porto Santo Andre Hotel?/I cannot find a website only booking places..Many thxs!

3 Answers May 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM
    • Seeking Yarn

by KayEssJay Online Now Dec 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM

I love to knit and I love to pick up local yarns from the places I visit. Are there any recommended places to purchase local yarnsÉ

2 Answers Dec 19, 2011 at 10:24 PM
    • siri's Profile Photo

Watch world championship in cycling in Porto

by siri Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Does anybody know where in Porto(sportsbars etc) it is possible to watch the UCI Road Race World Championsship 2011 (cycling) on sunday 25.09?

1 Answer Nov 28, 2011 at 10:03 AM