Porto Travel Answers

change location
artonice's Profile Photo

Visiting Porto for 1 or 2 days?

by artonice Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Hi everybody.We are planing a trip from Santiago to Lisbon.We want to stay in Porto too.Firstly we think to stay there for two days but then think that we can stop in other town of Portugal instead of staying one more day in Porto?Do you think 1 day is enough for Porto?Thanks

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Porto for 1 or 2 days?

by cubsur Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:33 AM

You could easily spend two days visiting all that Porto has to see.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • artonice's Profile Photo

by artonice Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM

1 day won't be enough , will it?

Be the first to rate this answer!

• colares's Profile Photo

by colares Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Of course you can spend more than 2 days in Porto. If you have only one day - fine. You will at least get a good overview of what the city has to offer.
    The second day you should see either Coimbra, Tomar or Bathalha/Fatima.
    Ejoy your trip!

• artonice's Profile Photo

by artonice Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Thanks for your reply.I guess it2s better to stay in porto a few days(2 or 3) and do some one day trips to the advied places like yours.thanks again

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 7:39 AM

A wonderful little city like Porto deserves more than a day certainly, there's loads of interests here like in Lisbon. But if one full day will be all you got for the place, then spend you must here at full pleasure. Two days, you'd be feeling way ahead of yourself.

If later you'd hanker to get out of Porto and see/visit in addition another great town, take the train to Guimaraes, Portugal's supremely historic site and a thoroughly beautiful ancient town.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

by suvanki Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Hi! Yes, I'd say that a day isn't enough to experience Porto. I spent 3 nights there a few years ago, and would like to go back to see/experience all the things that I missed!

An afternoon river cruise combined with visiting the port caves - the morning to visit the markets and shops and an evening enjoying the restaurants of Ribeira.
    Time to visit the many churches with their tiled facades as well as the train station.
    A trip by one of the old trams to the seaside at Foz
    Afternoon tea or morning coffee at the Majestic cafe are just a few of the things to see and do.
    Please check out other VTers Porto pages as well as mine (bear in mind my trip was in 2006)
    "Spring and Port Wine!" - Porto by suvanki for reasons to spend more than one day in this lovely town
    Have A Great Trip, and look forward to reading all about it here on VT!

• suvanki's Profile Photo

by suvanki Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Oh, forgot to mention, it was possible to book a day trip from Porto to Santiago de Compostelo (Galician Spain) when I was there, which if you get the chance to do (and have the time), I'd certainly recommend it!

Santiago de Compostela Travel Guide

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines