change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• KathyS52's Profile Photo

Industrial school or Abbey?

Cork Mar 14, 2015 at 4:33 PM

My grandmother was born about 1887 in Cork. She stayed in either an industrial school or orphanage in Cork for several years, raised by nuns. I am looking for this school or orphanage/abbey? Does anyone know of such a place in Cork? My email is kathysibley@sbcglobal.net.

more
    • Glenveagh Castle

Ireland Mar 1, 2015 at 1:18 AM

Does this castle have a lot of stairs on the guided tour. Quite happy with some stairs but not too happy with the stairs that go into turrets i.e. spiral staircases. Will it be open week after Easter. Many thanx

more
    • Hertz or Enterprise Drop Off Location close to Powerscourt

Dublin Mar 24, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Hello from Colorado. We will be arriving at Shannon Airport and hope to rent a car there for a few nights in the Dingle Peninsula. We will then drive to the Powerscourt Hotel, Enniskerry. At that point we will need to find a drop off location as close to the hotel as possible. We'd like to avoid driving in Dublin. It looks like Enterprise has a drop off location in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown. We might also consider Hertz. Have tried working with the hotel concierge, who has been helpful, but need some specific information. How long a drive would it be from car drop off to hotel? What would taxi fare be? Best route from Dingle to Powerscourt, spending one night to see the Rock of Cashel? Thanks for your suggestions.

more
    • Herbe and Spikes in Ennis

Ennis Mar 4, 2015 at 7:21 AM

Where can i purchase Turmeric powder in Ennis? Thanking you in advance, J. da Silva

more
    • Cost Shipping Tourist purchases from Dublin to USA

Dublin Mar 17, 2015 at 11:57 AM

What is the cost/best procss to ship the items I will probably purchase when visiting Dublin in April? Will be shipping back to Charlotte NC

more
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Travelling Ireland in July 2015

Ireland Mar 16, 2015 at 1:30 PM

Hello,
      I'm planning an Ireland trip this summer.
      My main questions is about Cork:
      1) How many days is enough to stay in Cork?
      2) Any recommendations that I can take bus from Cork to explore around countryside during my stay in Cork?
      3) Where around Cork I can explore with bus?

Any recomendation is appreciated :-)
      Cheers

more
    • Dingle Way, Kerry Way, or Beara Way?

Ireland Feb 28, 2015 at 4:44 PM

We are experienced walkers, though not young! Which is the best walking trail for 4 days of walking? Dingle, Kerry or Beara Way in June, 2015? And my husband is a huge fan of Irish music that we'd like to hear some nights.
      Thanks so much!

more
    • Hotel prices - where to stay?

Dublin Mar 17, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Hello! I have made let's say a thorough research to find a hotel in Dublin centre. I was really surprised when I discovered that the prices are really HIGH!!! (when compared to other comparable cities in size).

I am wondering where to stay in Dublin Centre and I'd like to get recommandations for a hotel in the range of 70-100 euros per night. I'll be there for 2 (full) days at the end of June and would like to be in the middle of everything in order to save on transportation time. Thanks for your help.

more
    • Hotel prices - where to stay?

Dublin Mar 17, 2015 at 10:43 AM

Hello! I have made let's say a thorough research to find a hotel in Dublin centre. I was really surprised when I discovered that the prices are really HIGH!!! (when compared to other comparable cities in size).

I am wondering where to stay in Dublin Centre and I'd like to get recommandations for a hotel in the range of 70-100 euros per night. I'll be there for 2 (full) days at the end of June and would like to be in the middle of everything in order to save on transportation time. Thanks for your help.

more
    • 5 Days in Ireland

Ireland Mar 12, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Hello, my friends and I will be spending 5 days in Ireland in mid May. We have managed to narrow down what we want to do to 4 major attractions and would like to know if its doable in the 5 days we have available. This is our tentative itinerary so far:

Day 1: Spend entire day in Dublin
      Day 2: Drive to Galway and see the Cliffs of Moher. spend night in Galway
      Day 3: Drive to Killarney and tour the Ring of Kerry
      Day 4: Return to dublin, spend day in the city
      Day 5: Tour Giants Causeway

Is it feasible to do this in 5 days? Or are we crazy thinking this is doable? We haven't decided yet if we will be renting a car and doing it on our own, or using guided tours that take care of the transportation for us.

more
    • Easter Sunday and Monday

Galway Mar 4, 2015 at 9:34 AM

I will be in Galway Easter Sunday and Monday. Will there be anything open or does everything close for the holiday?

more
    • hevbell's Profile Photo

restaurant recommendations

Dublin Mar 16, 2015 at 9:11 AM

I'm travelling to Dublin with my parents next week and looking for recommendations for places to eat. I know there are a ton of reviews on here but its a lot to trawl through and many won't suit my dads tastes.

We are arriving probably around 6pm to our accomodation (near Jervis Centre) so will be looking to go out and eat pretty soon after our arrival and it would be good to have some ideas at least for that first night as we won't want to spend ages looking around for somewhere. My dad is quite fussy with food, very much a meat and two veg kind of guy so somewhere that does traditional pub grub or carvery style would be ideal. I have been to O'Neills on a previous visit and enjoyed it but not sure if it is even still there or not.

any recommendations appreciated

more
    • John Riley memorial

Clifden Mar 26, 2015 at 10:40 AM

I need a picture of the memorial to John Riley that is supposedly in the Clifden town centre

more
    • Travel websites

Ireland Mar 3, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Do you always book through official airline pages or you feel comfortable with sites like Flybreak.com , expedia, lastminute.com etc?

more