Portland Travel Answers

change location

Vegan Restaurant?

by mike116 Online Now Sep 14, 2010 at 3:37 PM

We are coming in next week for my wife's birthday and wanted to know if anyone knows of a nice vegan restaurant near the Paramount Hotel? I know there are lots of vegan places, just wanted to no if someone could suggest a nice place to go for a birthday dinner.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • glabah's Profile Photo

Re: Vegan Restaurant?

by glabah Online Now Sep 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Actually, Portland doens't have that many vegan places. There are a few, but a lot fewer than the reputation of Portland outside Portland indicates. There are a lot more if you include the restaurants that offer one or two vegetarian or vegan dishes.

However, be that as it may, there are a few vegan restaurants in that part of town. There was a newspaper article about a few new vegetarian, vegan, and other restaurants that have opened for this school year near Portland State University, but unfortunately I have not been to any of those, nor to I remember the names of any of the ones mentioned in the article.

Try searching for "vegan Portland State University" and variations of that and see what you can come up with.

The Willamette Week newspaper also operates a "food finder" on their web site that may be helpful too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines