Portland Travel Answers

change location
Treefrogfloyd's Profile Photo

Lorenzen Conference Center?

by Treefrogfloyd Online Now Apr 27, 2004 at 11:35 AM

I am thinking about attending the 7th Annual Legacy Health System Therapeutic Gardens Conference in Portland, Oregon in mid-June. I have 3 questions. The conference is at a place called the Lorenzen Conference Center - I think it MAY be located at a hospital? The address is 2801 N Gantenbein Ave. Can anyone tell me if I can reach this place by public transportation? I do not want to rent a car while in Portland. (I visited in 1998 and walked/used public transportation to get everywhere) The Ramada Inn - Rose Quarter is the least expensive hotel they indicate on the conference website, at55 a night. How far is the Rose Quarter from the conference center? Lastly, assuming I CAN make it to the conference, how is the weather in June? I'm unsure how to pack. Thanks! -Suzanne

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Summer33's Profile Photo

Re: Lorenzen Conference Center?

by Summer33 Online Now May 2, 2004 at 7:51 PM

You will not need a car at all in portland, the rose quarter is about 4 blocks from the conference center and you can reach all by public transportation. The weather is going to be amazing, I live in Seattle and right now we have sunny weather in the 70's, occassionaly it will rain but for the most part expect weather in the high 60's and low 70's. Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines