Portimão

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kids bar in Carvoeiro

Carvoeiro Jul 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I have read somewhere that there is a pub/restaurant in Carvoeiro that has a kids playroom downstairs. Could anybody tell me if this is still open and what it is called? Many thanks, Kerrie

more
    • slitty_tulip's Profile Photo

where can i get a massage in alvor

Alvor Aug 17, 2014 at 6:06 AM

where can i get a massage

more
    • Large party

Lagos Aug 6, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Hi there.... Im getting married next year, and as Im 43, I have quite a large group of very well behaved, middle class men who want to come on a stag weekend away. I love Portugal but have only been to Vilamoura and Albufiera before. so thinking of coming over to Lagos.

But... I know big groups can put off others..which i don't want to do! So would it be a good idea...and will there be sun in April?

Thanks

Alex

more
    • Praia de rocha 19-22 sep 2014

Algarve Jul 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Myself and my partner are heading over for the weekend. Fri 19 till mon 22 sep.
      What is the weather normally like this time of year? As we are only here 2 Nights want tips on good lively bars local and suggestions for the day Staying at clube praia de rocha.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • Gay bar in Faro?

Faro Jul 28, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hi! Where can i find a gay bar/disco in Faro?

more
    • Is Nerja in Spain hot in October?

Lagos Aug 13, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Hi I am just wondering if Nerja in Spain would be hot in October, I was hoping to book a week there commencing on 11th Oct but am worried the weather might not be nice. Is there anyone out there that visits Nerja in October that could give me some info on what weather be like. Thanks.

more
    • Deep Sea Fishing off Carvoerio as a spectator

Carvoeiro Jul 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Hello any suggestions for Deep-Sea fishing off the coast of Carvoerio? I would like to just watch, I will be there Mid-August.

Any suggestions or Tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Max

more
    • Hire a bicycle

Alvor Jul 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Can I hire a bicycle in Alvor and are there cycling lanes?

more
    • A_liba's Profile Photo

Places to stay in Algarve

Algarve Jul 24, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Hi! we are two guys from Italy and this summer we'll be in Portugal on holiday. After visiting Lisbon we'd like to go to Algarve, but we haven't decided the place yet. Can you give me some advices? I read about Albufeira, Lagos and Faro, but I don't know what's the best. We are looking for beautiful beaches but also a place to have fun at night, and we are moving by train and buses, so we need a place not so difficult to reach.
      Thanks a lot.

more
    • Lagos in mid October - what will weather be like?

Lagos Aug 12, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Hi I want to book a holiday to Lagos in mid October, but I am afraid the weather wont be good at that time of year & we are both sun worshippers. Has anyone else being in mid October that can tell me whether or not it would still be warm.

more
    • transport in Portimao

by oldandproud Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Is it possible to hire a mobility scooter from the cruise terminal or close by.

1 Answer Jul 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • awolla's Profile Photo

Lisbon to Portimao

by awolla Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 6:53 AM

What is the best way to get to Portimao Portugal from Lisbon? Are car rentals really expensive?

5 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    • Portimao holiday

by Alij75 Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Is portimao nice as a family destination?

3 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 3:31 AM
    • AlanM49's Profile Photo

naturist beach

by AlanM49 Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM

where is the nearest clothes optional/ naturist beach to Praia da Rocha,

1 Answer Apr 13, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Travelpass

by fredgeerts Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Kunnen we een reispas aanschaffen voor senioren? Zo ja, wat is er nodig ?/Can we buy a travelpass for pensioneren ? So yes, what do we need therefor?

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • Travel buy bus

by LeneVesterholm Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Can I go buy bus from Lisbon to Portimao?
      How often does the bus leave from Lisbon?
      And how many hours those it take?

3 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    • Traveling by taxi

by roisinbaker Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Hi im staying in the avenida hotel in pria da rocha i want to go shopping in the aqua shopping centre i was wondering is it expensive to get there by Taxi? and is there any nice cafe or restaurants wherei can get a good salad or fresh fish

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    • Football shirt

by JFarrow27 Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Does anybody know where you can buy a football shirt for the local football team Portamenses? Last time we visited we spent ages trekking around the town looking for one with no luck. I would like to avoid the same again this time! I have tried e-mailing the club but as yet no response.

3 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    • Taxi or bus?

by Girlycat Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Hi there, I'm coming back to the Algarve in June for my 50th birthday celebrations. There are going to be 12 of us - all female. We're staying in a villa in Carvoeiro which I know very well. Usually there are only 2-4 of us so we either drive or get a taxi. However, this time I know it'll be harder to co-ordinate! We want to have dinner at the new restaurant at the harbour in Portimao one eve and another eve at Ferragudo - Club Nau. Any suggestions on transport please?

2 Answers Feb 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    • baby high chairs in restaurants/cafes

by kirkmeister Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 2:01 AM

hi taking my 18 month old to alvor/praia de rocha and area but stayingin alvor and wanting to eat in harbour side restaurants and beach side places we previouslyate in before little one was born.
      Are there high chairs in restaurants and cafes?
      How are little children received in Portugal eateries and any tips on eating out?
      Was hoping not to have to buy travel booster seat.
      many thanks

1 Answer Mar 11, 2012 at 4:50 AM
    • Walking distance

by helsar_uk Online Now Sep 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hi I am going to Praia da Rocha on Sunday for a few days and would like to go to the Praia do vau beech. I wont be hiring a car during my short stay.... how long would it take to walk? can I walk straight along the beach in Praia da Rocha to get to it?

1 Answer Sep 23, 2010 at 2:33 AM
    • Painting in Portimao Praia Da Rocha

by mastermakman Online Now Jul 8, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Hi

I just came back from a holiday in algarve in portimao and now i am back in England London.

I had alot of fun in portimao praia da rocha and i wanted to buy something to remember my journey with. I found an artist which paints with spray cans and paints the most beautiful paintings. unfortunately i did not have enough money to buy one of his painting.

He paints at night when everyone comes out and usually attracts a crowd. Could anyone please tell me if you have seen this painters in portimao?

Thank you for your time =)

• Buses in Portimao

by siany65 Online Now May 20, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I am visiting the area and will be staying in the Lugar do Coca Maravilhas area. Does anyone know where I would get a bus a) to Praia do Carvalho and b) to Aljezur (for Praia da Arrifana).

Also, are taxis readily available close to either of these beaches?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

2 Answers May 21, 2009 at 2:27 AM
    • Picking up bus from the cruiseport

by fideauxdon Online Now Feb 3, 2009 at 11:22 AM

We'll be coming from the cruiseport, and we need to know the best location for boarding a bus which will take us to Silves.

2 Answers Feb 4, 2009 at 3:50 AM
    • Portimao to Silves Boat Trip?

by fideauxdon Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 5:45 AM

I understand that there is a boat trip that you can take from Portimao to Silves, but I haven't been able to find any detailed information on it. Does anyone have contact information, website information, prices, sailing times, etc.? We'll be in Portimao on 4/13/2009 on the HAL Noordam.

1 Answer Sep 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    • Transportation from Portimao to Silves?

by fideauxdon Online Now Jan 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM

We'll be visiting Portimao on a cruise ship on 4/13/09. We'll be there for about 9 hours. What is the most efficient way to get from Portimao to Silves? How close to the cruise port are the transportation (bus, train, taxi) facilities? Are taxis available? If so, what is the approximate taxi far for the trip from Portimao to Silves?

2 Answers Jan 25, 2009 at 9:16 PM
    • Christmas Dinner

by karen-ann Online Now Oct 22, 2008 at 2:23 AM

Hi

Can anyone help, we are coming over for Christmas & New Year and are looking for a nice restaurant for Christmas dinner, any suggestions?

• trains on the algarve

by normanagnew Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Can anyone confirm to me that there are still regular trains running from Portimao to Tavira and if so, how frequent are they.

3 Answers Apr 11, 2008 at 2:29 AM
    • Ferragudo - anyone help please?

by brianriceisnumberone Online Now Mar 27, 2008 at 4:59 AM

Hi, I couldn't find a ferragudo forum, so I thought I would try here! We're dithering about booking two weeks at Vitors Village complex in Ferragudo. We have a 2 year old son. I am trying to get my head around the location of it. Specifically, how far is to the nearest nice beach? The main beach (praia grande) looks really nice, but I can't tell if people swim there or not, with it appearing to be on the river.

Also, can anyone give me a true estimation of how long it would take to walk into the main village (square / harbour etc) from Vitors?

Many thanks in advance etc..

1 Answer Mar 27, 2008 at 5:55 AM
    • Portimao - Praia da Rocha

by aw56001 Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 8:58 PM

I will be staying at the Hotel Globo in late April. What I would like to know is if Praia da Rocha is walkable from the hotel. If it is how long would it take me. I have researched and know there are buses on the route but may walk back if it is late and the buses have finished.
      Many thanks
      Andrew

1 Answer Feb 26, 2008 at 12:06 AM
    • Taxi to Praia do Vau?

by gerrie41 Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 1:01 PM

How much is it likely to cost to get a taxi from Portimao train station to Praia do Vau (hotel Vau)? How long would it take?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jun 5, 2007 at 3:03 PM
    • TRAIN TRAVEL TO LISBON

by VAU2007 Online Now Dec 19, 2006 at 7:11 AM

Hi
      Can anyone tell me about train travel from Portimao to Lisbon? I have had no luck on various sites and hope someone here can help me.
      Thanks

4 Answers Dec 30, 2007 at 6:36 AM
    • Staying over Christmas

by tibby25731 Online Now Nov 1, 2006 at 11:54 AM

We are going to Portimao over Christmas. What I'd like to know is:
      How warm is it likely to be?
      Is Christmas Day the only public holiday?
      What will be open on Christmas Day? Will it be easy to find a restaurant?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Laura

• seeking a job

by ciaralean Online Now Apr 30, 2006 at 4:12 PM

How would i go about arranging a job for the summer in portimao?

1 Answer May 5, 2006 at 6:34 AM
    • seejai's Profile Photo

NEW YEARS EVE

by seejai Online Now Dec 24, 2005 at 5:12 AM

Hola

Beaunes Dias!!!!!!!

does anyone know where the DAKAR RALLY cars & drivers will be in Portimao on New Years Eve?

i know they will be staying in Portimao overnight but not sure where exactly

thanks!

1 Answer Dec 24, 2005 at 9:47 AM
    • ohdannyboy6002's Profile Photo

Visiting Portimao from 21st to 28th October 2005

by ohdannyboy6002 Online Now Oct 16, 2005 at 6:00 AM

Dear VT Members

My wife and I, both in our 50's are visiting the algarve for the first time next week, and would appreciate some tips from those of you who live there, or who have visited the area.

We will hire a Car at the Airport, and we are booked into the Arade Tivoli Hotel , which we understand has its own Beach and Marina

We both like to Eat good food, drink fine wines and we both like Live Music

Any information much appreciated

Regards

Daniel R Walsh

• kittyKaTT's Profile Photo

Where to stay and what to see?

by kittyKaTT Online Now May 2, 2005 at 3:45 AM

hello! my friends and i are flying in faro airport at the end of july and we can't decide where is the best place to stay. please tell us where are the best beaches, parties and sights to see in all algarve area. Also some information about budget hotels and car rentals would be appreciated. we will continue our trip all the way up to lisbon. thank you so much for your tips and answers. see ya!!

• Praia Da rocha to Portimao airport

by Hana3 Online Now Aug 4, 2004 at 2:11 AM

I am coming with my girlfriend to Praia Da Rocha in the end of August. I have decided to rent a car from Whizz car rental and I think its nearest office is in POrtimao airport. So my question is what is the easiest way to get from Praia Da Rocha to Portimao airport and how much it cost? Is it long distance? Thanks for answers!

1 Answer Aug 6, 2004 at 7:12 AM