Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Port-of-Spain Travel Answer Locations

• Seradoms's Profile Photo

Renting a car.

Port-of-Spain Oct 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Wondering if it is safe / efficient to rent a small car (likely from the POS airport) to venture around the island? I only have 2 days, and was thinking about heading 30 min out of town to Maracas Bay.

How are road conditions?
      Local law enforcement?
      Rates of car theft?
      Traffic in POS?
      Ease of navigation?

Thanks!

• R.P.Harding@vtmail.com

Port-of-Spain Sep 15, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Looking for accomodation in the St Clair or Woodbrook area for Jan - Feb 2012;
      Prefarable B&B with Safe auto parking at a resonable price. any help, please respond ASAP - Much thanks

• HOSTELS IN PORT OF SPAIN

Port-of-Spain Feb 28, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Has anyone ever stayed at any of the following hostels in Port of Spain?
      - Admirals Inn
      - Two Seasons Guesthouse
      - Little Inn

Trying to choose one for a late March trip.

Thanks.

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

1 Answer Mar 1, 2011 at 1:57 AM
    • Getting to margarita!

Port-of-Spain Jul 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Is there a ferry to margarita island from T & T? If so how much and how longof a boat ride is it?---
      or does it make more sense to take a plane. . . ?
      bartago

3 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    • Barcelona-Madrid-Andalucia: budget travel tips

Port-of-Spain Apr 19, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Hi dear all,

I'm traveling with my 2 lady friends coming June (14days) to spain.
      We will be landing at Barcelona, then travel to Madrid and Andulucia, then back to barcelona again for our return flight.

As this is the 1st tiem we are traveling to Spain, any recommendations on:

1) Good, clean, convenient budget hostels/apt/hotels

2) Places to visit in these 3 cities (each city we will stay around 4 days) nature/shopping/architectures- What are the must not miss places to go?

3)Is it convenient to travel by train to these 3 cities? How much will it roughly cost to book a train ticket from Barcelona->madrid->andulucia->Barcelona(sevilla). is there return train tickets available for within 14 days' travel?

4)I understand there's free entry to various museums/toursim sites..is there any website i can know which day/timing can we go in for free?(we are on a budget you see...)

Thank you so much in advance :)

Jess

4 Answers Apr 20, 2009 at 2:19 AM
    • antontolga's Profile Photo

port of spain info?

Port-of-Spain Mar 14, 2008 at 8:47 AM

hello everybody..

i ll go trinidad tobago soon..i am planning 2 days tobago and 1 day port of spain..
      is anybody can tell me about nice and safe location in port of spain?

is there safe?is there touristic areas or do u prefer i dont stay port of spain and i go isla margarita from tobago?

thanx so much..urgent pleaseeeee

5 Answers May 13, 2008 at 6:02 AM
    • Honeymoon to Trinidad and Tobago

Port-of-Spain Feb 20, 2008 at 2:40 AM

Dear VT Members,

Thanks for the immense support you offered me when i needed it.Please my wife and i just got married and we decided that instead of going to Cuba with our friends,we will rather visit Trinidad and Tobago,though our friends are still leaving for Cuba.
      She really want this vacation,so we have decided to visit Trinidad and Tobago on the 8th of March and stay for a month.Please we need a friend who would be able to help us with locations and information.We will also need an accomodation,so pls someone help us find a friend who would help us arrange an affordable accomodation as well as show us places around town.

Thanks and we will very much appreciate any assistance.Looking forward to hearing from any VT Member with such a help!!! You can reach me on samchelgh@gmail.com

Thanks again and have a lovely day!!

1 Answer Feb 25, 2008 at 4:53 PM
    • How to get from caracas to port of spain

Port-of-Spain Dec 22, 2006 at 4:09 PM

I would like to know the best way to go from Caracas to port of spain

2 Answers Jan 6, 2008 at 6:49 PM
    • Advise please, coming for the world cup

Port-of-Spain Sep 18, 2006 at 8:58 AM

A friend and i will be visiting Port of Spain in March 2007 for the cricket world cup, nearly all of the hotels are fully booked already and one of the only ones I could find was the Sundeck Suites. Its in the town centre on Picton street. Does anybody have any views on this hotel? What is the area like, because I've heard that some parts can be quite rough. Is it safe to be walking the streets at night.

Thanks

2 Answers Dec 28, 2006 at 3:07 PM
    • Tour guides

Port-of-Spain Jul 14, 2006 at 10:40 AM

My husband and I along with two other couples will be in Port-of-Spain in January 2007 arriving on the Regal Princess. We are interested in a city tour, along with any other places that we can squeeze into a day. We would like to find an English speaking private tour guide to take us around while we are there. Does any one have a name of someone who does this? Any help will be appreciated! Thank in advance, Lu

2 Answers Jul 14, 2006 at 2:49 PM
    • Details on Cost of Living

Port-of-Spain Apr 17, 2006 at 6:47 AM

I will be visiting Port of Spain with my wife and my child on work. My work is scheduled to run for a period of more than 1 year. I would like to know a few things to be prepared.

1. Whats the weather scene during the year starting say June ? ( I know that region is tropical but if someone could be a little more specific on the temp and rainy months etc i could be more prepared )

2. What is the average expense for a couple with a 4 year old child (who needs to be put in a school) in Port of Spain for a month ? Pls tell me for all exp incl. - veg food, local travel, household goods, toiletries etc.

3. How good is Port of Spain as a shopping destination ?

4. What are the chances of my wife getting a job there ? She would be there on a dependant visa. Can she work part time ( in an office ) somewhere ? If yes, what is the avg she can earn in a week ?

5. Would my work permit allow me to travel to the rest of the carribean ?

6. How about the schooling for my 4 year old kid? Any good schools.

6. What are the important things to note immediately on my arrival there for the first month ?

BGS

2 Answers Jun 16, 2006 at 2:00 AM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Brian Lara

Port-of-Spain Apr 4, 2006 at 5:46 PM

Grr.... this is not travel related, but can anyone suggest an online website, safe and secure, where I can buy a CD of the best test innings of Brian Lara. Or can anyone send it to me..i'll pay them for it!!!!!!!

Thanx

• kooka3's Profile Photo

Local accomodation?

Port-of-Spain Jan 27, 2006 at 4:30 PM

I'm going to be in Port of Spain from May 29-June 2 for a conference being held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown -- but I don't want to stay at a big chain hotel or pay the big hotel prices. I'd rather find a local guesthouse or small locally run hotel (or even resort). I don't really know what's available. I would like something within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza, or easily accessible on public transport. Can anyone recommend any place?

Also, are there good places to visit around the island if I extend my stay? Where is a good place on the island to spend a couple days (out of Port of Spain)?

Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 27, 2006 at 6:21 PM
    • susiemargare's Profile Photo

any effect of wilma on flights from miami?

Port-of-Spain Oct 27, 2005 at 8:54 PM

hi --

my sister is supposed to fly from miami to port of spain on saturday, oct 29, on british west indies airlines. does anyone know if those flights have been affected b/c of wilma? thanks very much for any info!

-- susie margaret

2 Answers Oct 28, 2005 at 1:24 PM
    • About Accomodation & cost of Living in Port of Spain

Port-of-Spain Apr 6, 2005 at 4:18 AM

I want to be in port of spain as part of my assignment for a period of six months.i need a two/three bedroom apartment/house. what could be approx monthly rent for a two/three bedroom. we would prefer apartments facing the sea.can anybody give a fair idea? what are the festivals coming up in the period may-november?Whats the average cost of living in Port of Spain

reply at solomondavid@VTmail.com

• Trinidad Carnival 2005 events and planning questions

Port-of-Spain Dec 28, 2004 at 2:17 AM

will be in Port of spain feb 5-9 and tobago 9-12 feb 2005 how can i connect with the most interesting carneval events? love music and will be at the hilton on queens park. are there group costumes and how does one participate? what do you recommend for best activities for fun?

1 Answer Dec 31, 2004 at 12:55 AM
    • ramansankar's Profile Photo

Lots of Info Wanted !!

Port-of-Spain Aug 10, 2004 at 9:40 PM

I will be visiting Trinidad with my wife on work. My work is scheduled to run for a period of more than 6 months in Trinidad. I would like to know a few things to be prepared. 1. Whats the weather scene during the year starting say October ? ( I know that region is tropical but if someone could be a little more specific on the temp and rainy months etc i could be more prepared ) 2. What is the average expense for a couple in Trinidad for a month ? Pls tell me for all exp incl. - veg food, local travel, household goods, toiletries etc. 3. How good is Trinidad as a shopping destination ? 4. What are the chances of my wife getting a job there ? She would be there on a dependant visa. Can she work part time ( in an office ) somewhere ? If yes, what is the avg she can earn in a week ? 5. Would my work permit allow me to travel to the rest of the carribean ? 6. What are the important things to note immediately on my arrival there for the first month ? T I A

1 Answer Dec 9, 2004 at 2:02 AM
    • ACCOMODATION IN PORT OF SPAIN??

Port-of-Spain Aug 3, 2004 at 5:54 PM

Hi everybody! I´m from Buenos Aires, ARG, and will be visitin´ Trinidad and Tobago in January. I´d like to know where can I find the cheapest places to stay in Port of Spain and Scorobugh Thanks Tom

2 Answers Aug 5, 2004 at 10:58 AM
    • The old military base

Port-of-Spain Feb 3, 2004 at 6:52 PM

I was on the island as a young marine in the mid 50's for 19 months ----one word says it all, PARADISE!!! The island and people are beautiful and it's my reason for returning for a vacation. My question, what ever happened to that navy base? Was there a Tetron Bay?A thank you to all replys!!!

1 Answer Feb 13, 2004 at 4:49 AM
    • One night in Port of Spain - where to stay?

Port-of-Spain Sep 16, 2003 at 5:57 PM

I'll be stopping over in Port of Spain for one night. Does anyone have any recommendations about where to stay? Cheap and safe is all I'm looking for.

2 Answers Sep 27, 2003 at 2:13 AM
    • Grueslayer's Profile Photo

Searching for a forum

Port-of-Spain Aug 13, 2003 at 12:22 AM

I once found a forum in the net that was hosted by some Trini company, and it was full of locals discussing local matters. You know, something like a NY based forum populated by New Yorkers. Now that I'm going back to Trinidad I'm searching for some inside info on local events - does anyone know the web address of this or a similar forum?

1 Answer Jan 9, 2004 at 10:37 AM
    • TRINIDAD ROAD MAP

Port-of-Spain Mar 30, 2003 at 7:58 AM

how can i get a free road map of trinidad?

1 Answer May 22, 2003 at 5:40 PM