Travel Answers
Port-of-Spain

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• No1Uknow's Profile Photo

Budget Accommodations North End of Tobago?

Trinidad and Tobago Mar 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Hello All,

Looks like a nice site. I'm glad to be here!

I have to travel to Trinidad for work and want to make a side Tobago for some SCUBA diving. I am hoping one of you fine people can offer suggestions for budget-friendly accommodations on the northern end of the island, where the more interesting diving seems to be. I'm open to any other suggestions as well, as I've never been to the area.

Thanks in advance!

No1Uknow

more
    • Seradoms's Profile Photo

Renting a car.

by Seradoms Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Wondering if it is safe / efficient to rent a small car (likely from the POS airport) to venture around the island? I only have 2 days, and was thinking about heading 30 min out of town to Maracas Bay.

How are road conditions?
      Local law enforcement?
      Rates of car theft?
      Traffic in POS?
      Ease of navigation?

Thanks!

• R.P.Harding@vtmail.com

by R.P.Harding Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Looking for accomodation in the St Clair or Woodbrook area for Jan - Feb 2012;
      Prefarable B&B with Safe auto parking at a resonable price. any help, please respond ASAP - Much thanks

• HOSTELS IN PORT OF SPAIN

by bjgs263 Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Has anyone ever stayed at any of the following hostels in Port of Spain?
      - Admirals Inn
      - Two Seasons Guesthouse
      - Little Inn

Trying to choose one for a late March trip.

Thanks.

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

1 Answer Mar 1, 2011 at 1:57 AM
    • Getting to margarita!

by bartago Online Now Jul 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Is there a ferry to margarita island from T & T? If so how much and how longof a boat ride is it?---
      or does it make more sense to take a plane. . . ?
      bartago

3 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    • Details on Cost of Living

by sudhibg Online Now Apr 17, 2006 at 6:47 AM

I will be visiting Port of Spain with my wife and my child on work. My work is scheduled to run for a period of more than 1 year. I would like to know a few things to be prepared.

1. Whats the weather scene during the year starting say June ? ( I know that region is tropical but if someone could be a little more specific on the temp and rainy months etc i could be more prepared )

2. What is the average expense for a couple with a 4 year old child (who needs to be put in a school) in Port of Spain for a month ? Pls tell me for all exp incl. - veg food, local travel, household goods, toiletries etc.

3. How good is Port of Spain as a shopping destination ?

4. What are the chances of my wife getting a job there ? She would be there on a dependant visa. Can she work part time ( in an office ) somewhere ? If yes, what is the avg she can earn in a week ?

5. Would my work permit allow me to travel to the rest of the carribean ?

6. How about the schooling for my 4 year old kid? Any good schools.

6. What are the important things to note immediately on my arrival there for the first month ?

BGS

2 Answers Jun 16, 2006 at 2:00 AM
    • kooka3's Profile Photo

Local accomodation?

by kooka3 Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 4:30 PM

I'm going to be in Port of Spain from May 29-June 2 for a conference being held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown -- but I don't want to stay at a big chain hotel or pay the big hotel prices. I'd rather find a local guesthouse or small locally run hotel (or even resort). I don't really know what's available. I would like something within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza, or easily accessible on public transport. Can anyone recommend any place?

Also, are there good places to visit around the island if I extend my stay? Where is a good place on the island to spend a couple days (out of Port of Spain)?

Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 27, 2006 at 6:21 PM
    • susiemargare's Profile Photo

any effect of wilma on flights from miami?

by susiemargare Online Now Oct 27, 2005 at 8:54 PM

hi --

my sister is supposed to fly from miami to port of spain on saturday, oct 29, on british west indies airlines. does anyone know if those flights have been affected b/c of wilma? thanks very much for any info!

-- susie margaret

2 Answers Oct 28, 2005 at 1:24 PM
    • About Accomodation & cost of Living in Port of Spain

by solomondavid Online Now Apr 6, 2005 at 4:18 AM

I want to be in port of spain as part of my assignment for a period of six months.i need a two/three bedroom apartment/house. what could be approx monthly rent for a two/three bedroom. we would prefer apartments facing the sea.can anybody give a fair idea? what are the festivals coming up in the period may-november?Whats the average cost of living in Port of Spain

reply at solomondavid@VTmail.com

• Trinidad Carnival 2005 events and planning questions

by paolol Online Now Dec 28, 2004 at 2:17 AM

will be in Port of spain feb 5-9 and tobago 9-12 feb 2005 how can i connect with the most interesting carneval events? love music and will be at the hilton on queens park. are there group costumes and how does one participate? what do you recommend for best activities for fun?

1 Answer Dec 31, 2004 at 12:55 AM
    • ramansankar's Profile Photo

Lots of Info Wanted !!

by ramansankar Online Now Aug 10, 2004 at 9:40 PM

I will be visiting Trinidad with my wife on work. My work is scheduled to run for a period of more than 6 months in Trinidad. I would like to know a few things to be prepared. 1. Whats the weather scene during the year starting say October ? ( I know that region is tropical but if someone could be a little more specific on the temp and rainy months etc i could be more prepared ) 2. What is the average expense for a couple in Trinidad for a month ? Pls tell me for all exp incl. - veg food, local travel, household goods, toiletries etc. 3. How good is Trinidad as a shopping destination ? 4. What are the chances of my wife getting a job there ? She would be there on a dependant visa. Can she work part time ( in an office ) somewhere ? If yes, what is the avg she can earn in a week ? 5. Would my work permit allow me to travel to the rest of the carribean ? 6. What are the important things to note immediately on my arrival there for the first month ? T I A

1 Answer Dec 9, 2004 at 2:02 AM
    • The old military base

by noel1225 Online Now Feb 3, 2004 at 6:52 PM

I was on the island as a young marine in the mid 50's for 19 months ----one word says it all, PARADISE!!! The island and people are beautiful and it's my reason for returning for a vacation. My question, what ever happened to that navy base? Was there a Tetron Bay?A thank you to all replys!!!

1 Answer Feb 13, 2004 at 4:49 AM
    • One night in Port of Spain - where to stay?

by Redaxe Online Now Sep 16, 2003 at 5:57 PM

I'll be stopping over in Port of Spain for one night. Does anyone have any recommendations about where to stay? Cheap and safe is all I'm looking for.

2 Answers Sep 27, 2003 at 2:13 AM
    • Grueslayer's Profile Photo

Searching for a forum

by Grueslayer Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 12:22 AM

I once found a forum in the net that was hosted by some Trini company, and it was full of locals discussing local matters. You know, something like a NY based forum populated by New Yorkers. Now that I'm going back to Trinidad I'm searching for some inside info on local events - does anyone know the web address of this or a similar forum?

1 Answer Jan 9, 2004 at 10:37 AM