Port of Miami Travel Answers

change location
qvarizona's Profile Photo

Arrive Miami Int. 7AM - Board Cruise-ship 2PM

by qvarizona Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM

In early Apr. 2010, my husband and I will arrive night-flight from Seattle at 7am MIA with two carry-on bags each and tickets for cruise ship docked at the Port of Miami. I understand there is a shuttle to the docks, but passengers not allowed to board ship until after 2pm. Any ideas of what a couple of old folks can do or where we can go between early morning and time we can head for the docks?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: Arrive Miami Int. 7AM - Board Cruise-ship 2PM

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I would allow at least an hour to get your bags, and you can drop them off at the pier early so you don't have to carry them around with you. Or you can rent a car and just stick them in the trunk. If you rent from Dollar they may have a shuttle to the dock for after you get finished with the car. You could drive over to Miami Beach.

Otherwise, the only place I can think of between the airport and the pier is Bayside Marketplace

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I have taken several cruises and arrive early a m. What I do is take my time to pick up my lugage and have a long leisure breakfast or lunch and get any last minute needs at a store. Car rental is cheap in Miami and I have rented one before, but felt rushed to drive and return the rental. At the terminal there are shops and restaurants around. You could leave your things at the pier and take a ride out to the beach. One time I flew in a day ahead, checked in a hotel near the airport, (cheap)played a round of golf, enjoy a night out in Miami and the next day, return the rental car and caught the cruise with ease.

• qvarizona's Profile Photo

by qvarizona Online Now Feb 26, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Bayside sounds interesting.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines