Port-Vila

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• smoking regulations

by crispee Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Are people allowed to smoke pretty much anywhere still in Port Vila? I cannot handle smoke anywhere near me (esp in my hotel and restaurants) , and am concerned about this aspect if we travel there.

• Coconut crab

by J-P_M Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I'll be in Vila next week and I'd like to find a restaurant serving coconut crab. Any idea where? Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 12:05 AM
    • what is the cost of cigarettes and booze at portvilla

by prakashrao Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM

what is the cost of Benson smooths cigarettes and teachers whiskey at portvilla

• January in Vanuatu

by hot.holidays Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM

We are thinking about a family holiday to Vanuatu in January but are concerned about the weather? Any one been in Jan? If it rains, does it rain all day, or in short spurts? We haven;t done a big family holiday and not sure if it's worth the risk weather wise.

• BronwynS1's Profile Photo

Best Place to stay

by BronwynS1 Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

What is the best place to stay, resort style, walking distance to beach, shopping, night life

1 Answer Sep 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    • duty free shops

by LeopardLady Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM

hi, where is the cheapest duty free shop for fake bags etc

4 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    • Reef and Sports fishing by P&O Cruises

by chemist132 Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Hi,

I'm heading out on a P&O cruise to Vila and am interested in going on a "Shore Excursion" called "Reef and sports Fishing", but there is little info online about it. As a keen fisherman I'd like to take the chance to fish these waters, even if just for a few lazy hours in the mid-morning.

Has anyone been on or heard anything about this excursion? Or alternatively does anyone know what operator P&O cruises use?

Cheers

• kerbear66's Profile Photo

water taxi's

by kerbear66 Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Hello I'm going to Port Vila in September 2012, Staying in Port Vila but going to a Wedding on the Iririki Island Resort, Just wanting a water taxi for the duration of the wedding and can't seem to find a local Service who I can contact. does any one have any ideas on who I can contact?

2 Answers Nov 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    • diving

by jabaru726 Online Now Mar 1, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Gday on a p&o cruise i wish to dive the coillidge or million dollar bay who do i orgenise the dive with as p&o dont orginise this dive
      Thanks MIck

• Perth WA

by voecklabruck Online Now Oct 29, 2011 at 12:38 AM

What is the cost of a Local Beer in Port Villa??
      Thank You

2 Answers Nov 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    • Coongoola Cruise

by happygeo Online Now Oct 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM

how much was the coongoola cruise??? it sounds gr8

• Banking - ATM Question

by maggzs Online Now Aug 29, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I am just wondering, whan I use an ATM in Port Vila, will the money come out in AU$ or in VATU? And also say if I want to withdraw500AU do I put that amount in & it automatically converts to VATU or the amount in VATU?

Thanks.
      Maggzs

4 Answers Apr 16, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    • new traveller

by maggie16 Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 12:55 AM

How much is it to snorkel? Is it worth packing youre own before you leave sydney

1 Answer Sep 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM
    • Day tripper

by maggie16 Online Now Feb 20, 2009 at 12:53 AM

We will be visiting port vila on our po cruise wlii we have enough time for a day trip we arrive at vila 6am and depart 66pm how much are the different day trips i am travelling with an ederley yet fit lady.

1 Answer Feb 20, 2009 at 9:57 PM
    • First time - cheap accomodation and things to do

by a.van Online Now Nov 30, 2008 at 7:02 PM

I have booked to go to Port Vile in febuary and have no idea about it at all. i am looking for some VERY cheap accomodation and also wondering what things there are to do there.

Any suggestions would be fantastic
      thanks so much
      A

1 Answer Jan 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    • allanboy's Profile Photo

First Time Tripper to Vanuatu

by allanboy Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 4:32 AM

This year's holiday takes me to Australia for Christmas to visit my sister. As a surprise for her birthday I have booked a flight to Vanuatu from 5-14 January but have no idea where to stay. Obviously quiet romantic places for honeymooners is off the list. She likes shops and lazing by the pool while I prefer the beach and exploring. We both like eating out and visiting the bars after dark. I am flying from London and my sister lives in Brisbane.

Your best suggestions please? I used the VT forum for my trip to Mexico last year and it proved invaluable.

Allan

6 Answers Oct 18, 2008 at 6:19 PM
    • Fishing Trip

by Pelican47 Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Is there anyone in Port Vila who takes out tourists on reef fishing trips. I am not interested in game fishing but my son and I would like to spend upto four hours on a small boat doing some fishing which didn't cost the earth.

2 Answers Oct 11, 2007 at 7:53 AM
    • mamu bar

by jonkat99 Online Now Apr 14, 2007 at 1:30 AM

we have recently cruised to vanuatu with p&o on the 25oct-4nov 2006 and the mamu bar was close and the insides all guttered out, is the bar going to be re-opened and still known as the wet bar?

2 Answers Oct 21, 2007 at 1:12 AM
    • changing money

by jenni23 Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 3:25 AM

Is it better value to change some currency at the airport before I get to Port Vila, or when I arrive there, at the bank? I am coming from Melbourne, Australia.

2 Answers Nov 26, 2006 at 8:29 PM
    • treenie's Profile Photo

Has anyone stayed at Sunset Bungalows

by treenie Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 8:57 PM

I'm looking for a mid- to upper range accom and want to know peoples recommendations. I'm looking at Sunset Bungalows - any suggestions or advice would be helpful

• slometa's Profile Photo

Going around

by slometa Online Now Dec 14, 2003 at 11:18 AM

Hello there! I am coming to Port Villa this Wednesday about 3 p.m. Anyone knows if there is still, on the same (remaining) day, a flight to Tanna? To go immediately further on and save time going to and back Villa? Then I plan to stay for about 2-3 days in Tanna, and coming back to Efate until 27th. I will then go around the island - how is the accessibility, to go around? And of course I will spend my Christmas in your country. I am looking forward to this experience. Thank you for your answers in advance! Greetings from New Zealand, Meta