Travel Answers
Port-Nouveau-Québec

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Motoski, Sled dog, trekking in snow shoes - Quebec province - Christmas.. where is snow guaranteed?

Province of Quebec Aug 21, 2015 at 11:49 PM

We are planning to spend our Christmas break in Canada (approx 20- 30 December). We will be flying in and out of Montreal. The plan is to spend in total 2-3 days in Montreal and/or Quebec at the beginning / end of the stay and the rest of the stay in a chalet in the snow.
      We would like to do outings with sled dogs, motoski, trekking with snow shoes, fishing on iced-over lakes etc etc. We are from Europe so this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us. So we need snow!!

Where would be the places to go for these activities? where are "guaranteed" to get snow in December?
      We have been liaising with travel agencies and they have provided some suggestions... areas we have been looking at are Mont Tremblant, Sainte Agathe des Monts, Saint Donat de Montcalm, with also one offer near Fjord du Saguenay.... But is that far enough North?
      Thanks for your help!

more
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Mid October in Quebec

Quebec Aug 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM

My husband and myself will be in Quebec from October 16 through 19. Would like to do a hop on hop off, but see that they do not run that late. Any suggestions on tours for the area at that time of the year.
      Thank you much.
      Nasea

more
    • are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

Montreal Aug 19, 2015 at 9:15 AM

are there any bead stores in Chinatown?

more
    • ericsas's Profile Photo

Currency exchage

Montreal Aug 1, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Hi VTers,

I have seen in warning and dangers that is not recommended to change money at the airport. Any recommendation about where to change USD in the city with good rates?

Thanks!

more
    • Day trip from Montreal?

Montreal Aug 22, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Hello!

We are in Montreal for 7 nights, spending 3 days here. One day we will be going to QC, and one to Ottawa. I am wondering if there is anywhere anyone recommends visiting for a whole day trip within a few hours drive?

Our French is fairly limited so remote areas may be difficult.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

more