Port Moresby Travel Answers

change location
JohnPaulla's Profile Photo

What can/should a cruiser do in PM

by JohnPaulla Online Now Jan 15, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Hi,
My wife and I will be at Port Moresby on the 3rd March with the Rhapsody of the Sea (a cruise ship).......question I have is what to do there ? We have almost a day, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ? Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: What can/should a cruiser do in PM

by Anne12 Online Now Jan 15, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Hi there,
    A number of years ago when I went on a cruise and we landed at a particular place we decided to hire a local driver with his car, and ask him to show us places of interest, after agreeing on a price.It was a great day, we went to tops of mountains, visited villages etc. We saw it from a locals eyes.

You may find that once you are on the cruise they might offer an optional extra for Port Moresby.I still would consider the hire a local and car:)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: What can/should a cruiser do in PM

by kukukuku111 Online Now Feb 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM

if you are unexperienced traveling in PNG, or more specifically, Port Moresby, it might be a good idea to hire a driver. An absolute must see is the cultural museum (near Parliament which is also worth seeing while there). If you are a friendly, outgoing and confident traveler, I also recommend going to Gordon's market and chewing on a Betel Nut with the locals of Moresby. Just make sure you get back to a safe place before dusk--even the city residents don't go out at night. During the day, the people are fantastically friendly and cheerful. have fun.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Port Moresby