Port Elizabeth Travel Answers

change location

Garden Route - overnight stops?

by missesg Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 3:43 AM

Hello
yes, me again :-D. Ok, so still pondering what to do when we get to PE, but have got a few weeks to figuer that one out still, but I am also struggling with our stopover locations as we drive from Cape Town to PE.
I almost know the guidebook off by heart, and I've looked on countles websites, but there are so many fab places to stop, but we can only make 3 stopovers, and one of those will definately be Hermanus/Gansbaai. So, the other two... Knysna looks lovely, but it looks a long drive from Hermanus to Knysna.
Am I right in guessing it will take between 3-4 hours to drive from Knysna to PE? And, where do you recommend we make our other stoppover?
I'm sorry for all the questions - the more I try and research it myself using the guide books, the moer confused I get.
thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Gillybob's Profile Photo

RE: Garden Route - overnight stops?

by Gillybob Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 4:12 AM

Oudtshoorn! I'd get myself an ostrich massage and go and see the big cats at Cango Wildlife Ranch again!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cleocat's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Garden Route - overnight stops?

by cleocat Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 12:21 PM

From Hermanus I think Mossel Bay should be your next stop. Quite a long drive and not too much to see. But from there onwards everything is stunning. From Mossel Bay to Wildernis is quite a quick drive. Wildernis is a lovely area but Knysna has more to do and see. Oudshoorn is something totally different but nearly a must see with the ostriches and caves. We stayed in Wildernis once and did a comfortable day trip to Oudshoorn, visited a ostrich farm, the cheetah place, the caves and an angora rabbit farm. Maybe the next stop Nature's Valley / TSitsikama - close to each other. From there to PE is not too far. Enjoy.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo

Re: Garden Route - overnight stops?

by PierreZA Online Now May 19, 2007 at 8:28 AM

Hi, don't know if you have already done your trip. I'm from PE and would gladly assist you - if any questions

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Port Elizabeth