Port Elizabeth Travel Answers

change location

Jeffries bay.. area

by reddbette6 Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 1:46 PM

We are due to visit the area in the middle of november..what are the weather conditions? what are some of the highlights? game reserve? places nearby?
entertainment at night?
any and all info would be appreciated...also looking for some cheapo flights..any good airlines out there that have a r/t from tampa to port Elizabeth..
also..from San diego to P.E.??? any sites I should check into???
thanks so much..and have a great day!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • cleocat's Profile Photo

RE: Jeffries bay.. area

by cleocat Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 2:23 PM

November is late spring and it sometimes can be quite hot already. You won't be able to fly directly to PE. You will have to connect either in Cape Town or Johannesburg. Look at SAA's website. www.flysaa.com. From Cape town or JHB you can try one of the internal airlines like kulula. www.kulula.com.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • canuck68's Profile Photo

RE: Jeffries bay.. area

by canuck68 Online Now Jul 15, 2006 at 2:58 PM

I looked at the South African Airways site and they fly from Miami to Port Elizabeth with a couple of stops. The price one way is1041 US. Try googling for cheap flights.

You can read a lot about the Port Elizabeth area on the VT site. Lots of members have posted their pictures and tips. Jennflower is a good one.

• cleocat's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Jeffries bay.. area

by cleocat Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 10:48 AM

That's not a bad price for SAA. they can be very expensive sometimes.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Jeffries bay.. area

by Jenniflower Online Now Jul 18, 2006 at 4:33 PM

For 'things to do', check our fellow members VT pages re the area. They will have all the answers in their tips :)

Re the flight, I agree with Anita - SAA are always one of the most expensive international carriers in my experience, but a couple times a year they have phenomenal discounts, so best to look out for them. Virgin is another possibility.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Port Elizabeth