Port Douglas Travel Answers

change location

Apartments in Port Douglas

by melbourneman Online Now Oct 7, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Hi all,

We are coming to Port Douglas in January and are trying to decide on apartments to stay in. I have done a preliminary search and found three possibilities - Reflections, Verandahs & Coral Sea Villas. Any information on positives or negatives or which you think is better would be very greatly appreciated.

Regards!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Apartments in Port Douglas

by Anne12 Online Now Oct 7, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Hi there,
    Any of these apartments would be good to stay in.I have not stayed in any of these ones, but have walked past them.
    They are all close to the main area, walking distance.
    At that time of year you should be able to get a good price. There should be some good deals going as it isn't the High Season.
    I have noticed that at least 2 of them are on sites like Wotif, Quickbeds and Lastminute. There will be a few more on these sites as well.
    I wouldn't be booking too far away from the time you are going to travel, I would wait and see what prices are coming up, also ring the resorts and ask their price, sometimes you can get a better deal that way.
    At that time of year, there will be heaps of standby prices as well...sometimes these are good,sometimes I think they aren't,
    There are heaps and heaps of apartments in Port Douglas, all offer very good accommodation, you may find that closer to the date you are coming, some more well priced ones will be found.
    Even if you get one that is out a bit on Davidson Street, there is a little shuttle bus that regularly picks up along this route, there is also a local bus.

Have a great holiday in Paradise:)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Apartments in Port Douglas

by melbourneman Online Now Oct 7, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Thank you for your comments Anne

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines