Port Douglas Travel Answers

change location

Port Douglas Hotel? Best location and services?

by jackiehogan Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 5:36 AM

greetings! any recommendations for a hotel that is close to everything (marina, beach, shops), that does not have golf or cater to families (we're a young couple) AND will enable us to give our brains a complete rest (i.e. they have high-end service oriented, will arrange our dive trips for us, clean our clothes and has good food on site. we don't care about TV and such).

We're arriving in a week!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: RE: Port Douglas Hotel? Best location and services?

by liz-australia Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 6:50 AM

We have been to Port Douglas seven or eight times and the last couple we have stayed at the Peninsula hotel. It has a great location (almost on the corner of Macrossan Street and across the road from the beach). The marina is about ten minutes walk away. It is a smallish upmarket boutique hotel. Breakfasts by the pool are included. They only have a small restaurant but there are heaps of others within five to ten minutes walk. I think they provide complimentary shuttle from Cairns airport. I hope you can afford to stay here and I hope they are not booked out. Make sure you go to the toad racing at the Iron Bar hotel - it's a hoot! Have a great holiday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Port Douglas Hotel? Best location and services?

by liz-australia Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 6:50 AM

We have been to Port Douglas seven or eight times and the last couple we have stayed at the Peninsula hotel. It has a great location (almost on the corner of Macrossan Street and across the road from the beach). The marina is about ten minutes walk away. It is a smallish upmarket boutique hotel. Breakfasts by the pool are included. They only have a small restaurant but there are heaps of others within five to ten minutes walk. I think they provide complimentary shuttle from Cairns airport. I hope you can afford to stay here and I hope they are not booked out. Make sure you go to the toad racing at the Iron Bar hotel - it's a hoot! Have a great holiday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines