Port Douglas Travel Answers

change location

Port Douglas and Cairns

by mg1978 Online Now Oct 1, 2006 at 4:52 PM

Hi

I am heading up to Cairns and Port Douglas on the 16th of nov. Just wondering how will the weather be?? Will i see sunshine? also wouldnt mine knowing some of the top things to do

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: RE: Port Douglas and Cairns

by Anne12 Online Now Oct 2, 2006 at 2:49 AM

From Cairns you can do the Kuranda Village/market trip by train, then return by skyrail.
    Cairns also has bungy jumping, white water rafting, a new thying to do is visit the man made small lake, just out of Cairns and try some skiing...this isn't on the back of boats, this is sorta done by wires etc....you sorta have to see it...lol
    There is also GoCart racing.
    Most of these things are a little out of Cairns, hiring a car could be a good idea.
    The drive to Port Douglas from Cairns is wonderful...half way you could stop and do a bit of tandem
    From Port Douglas you can do the Daintree /Cape Tribulation tour.
    Browse the shops...do a cruise out to the reef and snorkle
    There is also the Zoo's in the Cairns area and a crocodile farm.
    You will be able to get all brochures that you need when you arrive here.
    At Port Douglas, the Soul and Pepper Cafe' which is on the inlet is wonderful for breakfast, the Salsa Bar and Grill is fantastic for dinner.
    ALso the Yacht Club in Port is good, on Wednesday you can go there ( about 3.30/4) and find the man at the bar that will let you know if you can go out on a Yacht for a sail, this will cost nothing except a couple of drinks for the man that owns and sails the boat.

That is just a few things you can do":)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • colin_bramso's Profile Photo

RE: Port Douglas and Cairns

by colin_bramso Online Now Oct 2, 2006 at 3:31 AM

Great suggestions - and for more, just use the search panel and check out the pages here on VT. You'll get more ideas than you can fit in.

• RE: RE: Port Douglas and Cairns

by mg1978 Online Now Oct 2, 2006 at 11:49 PM

Thank you very much for your response, I was a little worried that i booked the wrong time of the year thak you.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines