Port Douglas Travel Answers

change location

Visits to the reef

by MFlanders Online Now Sep 4, 2004 at 4:02 PM

There are so many possibilities and so little time. What would be the best way to get to the reef. I would like to snorkel, but my mother is 82 and will probably want to do nothing more than a glass bottom boat. We are going to be in the Cairns/Daintree/Atherton Tablelands/Townsville area for about 8 days. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide in any of these areas for lodging and viewing.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Robachu1's Profile Photo

Re: Visits to the reef

by Robachu1 Online Now Sep 4, 2004 at 4:31 PM

We used Quicksilver to the Low Isles but for your situation the Outer Reef trip would be perfect. You can snorkel while your mother relaxes and views the reef from the platform. quicksilver-cruises.com/oute... My Port Douglas page has a little information and a few pictures from our trip. virtualtourist.com/m/6394e/1...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • colin_bramso's Profile Photo

Re: Visits to the reef

by colin_bramso Online Now Sep 5, 2004 at 12:12 AM

Your mother will enjoy it not only from the platform, they also have glass bottom boats, semi-submersibles and an underwater viewing chamber on the pontoon. Sunlover Cruises do too - have a look at www.sunlover.com.au If you haven't checked it out already, www.pddt.com.au is Port Douglas' site.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines