change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• house for eleven people

by robinbiker Online Now Jan 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Hi

I'm looking to rent a house (or two or three appartmants) for 11 adults from 15th to 22nd of February on Havelock Island or anywhere else near the beach.

Kind regards, Robin

• light n sound show in english at port blair

by rsaksena65 Online Now May 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

is the light n sound show in english conducted all days ( other thn monday) or only on wed n fri............and what are the timings for this show pl

1 Answer May 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    • light n sound show in english at port blair

by rsaksena65 Online Now May 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

is the light n sound show in english conducted all days ( other thn monday) or only on wed n fri............and what are the timings for this show pl

2 Answers May 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    • can we pick up own snorkeling kit somewhere

by rsaksena65 Online Now May 2, 2012 at 7:03 AM

we are a family of 4 spending a week in port blair/ havelock and someone suggested it will be a good idea to have own basic kit for r snorkeling.... wonder what all it involves and where can one pick up these items.... any suggestions?????

1 Answer Mar 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • help me plan trip to andamans in may

by rsaksena65 Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hello , we are a family of 4 , planning this trip from 7th to 15th May ………. I have planned the itinerary with help of web research and… I know it will be raining …… will be grateful if someone can help me with practical suggestions to fine tune the programme

DAY 1 ( 8th May, Monday) reach by morn flight and in the AN/ evening go to Corbyn's Cove
      Kindly suggestions > good taxi service in port blair ?
      DAY 2/3/4 ( Tues - Thurs) Havelock Island
      we plan to catch the 6 am ferry ………. accomodoation fixed in Dolphin resort………..we are interested in scuba diving exposure for the boys
      Your suggestions >
      1 transport for this early morning ferry……are point to point cabs available early in the morning
      2 . hows food in dolphin and good eating places in Havelock island (sea food)
      3 whats a good transport option in Havelock
      4 should we also go for snorkeling here ..
      5 good diving outfits ….. being off season we hope to get some discount on the advt tariff
      DAY 5 Chaitham saw mill and cellular jail , finshing with show in evening
      Your suggestions >
      1 which are good eating places in port blai
      2 what are transport options incl hiring of scooters and from where
      DAY 6 Wandoor ….. we want to do snorkeling
      Your suggestions >
      1 is Jolly Buoy now open…. Whats best way to go to jolly buoy , if its open and worth visiting.
      2 what about red skin island
      3 heard somewhere that when you go to these places , there aint enough snorkeling kit so can this be hired from somewhere
      DAY 7 BARATANG AND JAWRA RESERVE
      Your suggestions >
      1 whats the driving time … 2.30 h 0r 4.30 hrs
      2 has the jawra reserve been relocated and is it worth going there?
      DAY 8 Your suggestions > about
      North Bay (Coral Island) - to see coral reefs and Chidiya Tapu
      Is there any other place that we have missed out

5 Answers May 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    • moomoogirl's Profile Photo

Port Blair TIPS

by moomoogirl Online Now Dec 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Hi there,

We are traveling to Port Blair in January 2011 on a Cruise Ship.
      We have only 1 day in this elusive port. I have done numerous searches on this port but have not found much information. Can anyone tell me if there are markets to shop at,restaurants,is money exchange easy to access, what money they do accept? (we are Aussie)and any other hints you may be able to share with us, I would be gratefully appreciative.
      Thanks in advance
      Stephanie.

2 Answers Jan 3, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Port Blair

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hi! VTers! Need help re visit to Port Blair this NYear. Any suggestion or tips welcome. Perhaps, I didn't search VT thoroughly but found the postings scanty. Any *must read* book or brochure or pamphlet? Thank u all, in advance!

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • cherrybug's Profile Photo

Flying to Port Blair

by cherrybug Online Now Sep 17, 2007 at 8:59 AM

Hi,

We are thinking about flying from Chennai to Port Blair for about 5 days in january. It seems Spicejet offer the cheapest flights though these are still quite expensive.

Are there any cheaper airlines that fly from southern India to Port Blair?
      Can we book flights through their website here in the UK?
      Would it be cheaper to wait until we are in India to book?
      What is the availability of these flights - ie. is it better to book early?

Many thanks,
      Cherry

1 Answer Jan 7, 2008 at 6:15 AM
    • rising_sun's Profile Photo

chennai to port blair to southern thailand.. via boat/ship

by rising_sun Online Now Aug 3, 2005 at 10:19 AM

is this possible? I am finding possible information on ships leaving from chennai about once a week, but nothing about getting to thailand. We have the time to spare and don't want to fly more than we need to. Plus we are on a fairly short budget.
      By the way, has the situation on the islands improved enough that tourists are ok to come? (All of these questions apply to our trip that will begin in may 2006)
      if anyone has any advice, it would be welcome!

5 Answers Aug 6, 2005 at 1:22 PM
    • Flight from Port Blair to Bangkok

by msa_india Online Now May 17, 2004 at 8:03 PM

Hello friends ! could anyone tell me the flight details between Port Blair and Bangkok. Its return fare and other details. rgds/suhail ahmed India

1 Answer Sep 9, 2004 at 9:55 AM