change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Jeevz000's Profile Photo

ADVICE NEEDED :)

Hobart Feb 26, 2015 at 10:32 PM

My itenary - Devonport - bicheon (1night) - Swansea(2nights) - Hobart (2nights) & cradle mountain ( 2 nights) - back to Devonport - spirit of Tasmania( evening ferry)

I`ll be staying in Hobart , and was thinking of driving into port Arthur for the ghost tours at night. Will driving back from port Arthur to Hobart at night safe?

Also I was planning to do Salamanca market , in the morning and leave early afternoon from Hobart to cradle mountain. Is that doable, because I think the drive up is almost 4-5 hours?

Driving:
      I actually have a choice between the holden SV6 which is a 3000CC vehicle (more powerful but manual ) and the Suzuki 1200 CC ( less powerful and automatic transmission) ... tough time deciding which to go with!
      Any advice on which car to take will be helepful too .

THANKS AGAIN ! in advance :)
      jeevz

more
    • Jeevz000's Profile Photo

Driving with a small car?

Tasmania Feb 24, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Hi ! ill be driving to Tasmania via melb , on a Suzuki swift 1.2L hatchback. From what I gathered the roads are pretty steepy in Tasmania? Will a small 1200 cc Suzuki be able to take the pressure of driving round the island? ill be staying 10 days .. driving from Devonport -- bicheon -- Swansea -- Hobart -- cradle mountain -- Devonport. And is gps navigation important ? Do advise and thanks in advance!
      cheers

more
    • Local transport options

by DebbieD4 Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM

we are coming into Port Arthur on a cruise ship in December just for a day and would prefer not to use their exorbitantly expensive shore excursions. Are there any car rental firms or public transport we could use to transport us from the historic site out to the mines or to devils kitchen etc. We are a group of 13.

14 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM