Poros Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tourism today

Athens Jun 29, 2015 at 1:38 PM

What is the current situation for tourists with all the banks closed this week? Are credit cards being accepted?

more
    • bivizzz's Profile Photo

Renting a Cabrio in Athens

Athens Yesterday

Hi,

I need to rent a car in Athens for 5 days and as I'll be going along the seaside, cabrio will be preferable. However, I couldn't find such offer from the international providers. Can someone suggest a reliable local car rental company, which has some sort of selection of cabrios? Does it make sense to rent a car in the city rather than in the airport, or prices are the same?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • RajBhide's Profile Photo

bus TRAVEL

Sounio Jun 8, 2015 at 6:42 AM

WHAT IS THE BEST OPTION TO TRAVEL FROM ATHENS TRAIN STATION TO CAPE SOUNION

more
    • Updated situation in Greece

Athens Jul 3, 2015 at 3:29 AM

Im visiting Greece from 8th to 11th July.

Wanted to know if its truly safe? We are doing the delphi meteroa 2 day tour but dont' know if with the gas and petrol situation buses are still functional.

I know that we are meant to carry cash which is fine but besides that is everything else open - restaurants, supermarkets, taxi service etc

more
    • 2.5 hours in Athens

Athens Jun 27, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Hi guyes,
      I'll be arriving Athens at 6:30 am and departuring again at 10:15 am, so I have around 2.5 hours in Athens. Where can I go during this time? Is there something close the airport worth see? Please advise me..
      Thanks,
      Qjman

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Ktel Bus Tickets

Athens Jun 12, 2015 at 6:46 AM

As I am considering traveling independently to the Argolid from Athens, does one have to get bus tickets in advance, or can they be purchased either at terminal or on the bus itself? I would be taking bus to Nauflio and base myself there for 2-3 nights.

more
    • Wine shop in Glyfada?

Athens Jun 23, 2015 at 7:09 AM

Is there a good place to buy a bottle of champagne or wine in Glyfada? Thanks

more
    • simiritch's Profile Photo

Never been to Greece. Planning for next year (2016) Looking for ideas

Athens Jun 23, 2015 at 11:42 PM

We have narrowed our next years trip down to Greece. And that is all we know, other than the country has an amazing history, beautiful countryside and oceans, and great people. Can anyone give me a general tip on an area to look into?

Wants.... Nice but economic hotel/resort to base out of. Want to see some old monuments, spend time in the ocean snorkling or diving, experience the culture, away from big cities, not too difficult to get to from a major airport as we will have kids in tow.

Any recommendations on hotels are great, but really looking to narrow down the areas.

Thanks for any advice!

Richard.

more
    • is it safe to travel?

Athens Jun 30, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hi, I am going to Athens for four days in the middle of July. Is it safe to go to Athens?
      Are the shops/restaurants open?

more
    • weather forecast

by AnnamariaC Online Now Sep 15, 2014 at 7:13 AM

how will the weather be this week ?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • willowpool's Profile Photo

Ferry times in October

by willowpool Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 2:58 AM

does anyone know how many daily ferries there are to Poros from Aegina in October. i can't find any information online.

1 Answer Sep 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    • flying dolphin ferry times Piraus to poros

by 1870mikesats Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Can you please tell me what time they depart from Piraus?
      Thanks
      Mike

2 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    • Shop info

by Arilu24 Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I was in Poros some years ago.
      I bought a silver ring from a shop whose owner was a German lady whom was living in Poros for many years.
      Could you tell me if that shop is still there?
      If so,you have a number or email for it? The name?
      The jewelry shop I am talking about, was located to the right after you get off the little boat from Galatas, passed the cafe and going toward the little alley.
      Thanks
      Arianna

• Rojo72's Profile Photo

Poros beaches THAT bad?

by Rojo72 Online Now Apr 14, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Hey guys,

I'm going to go on a one week vacation to some greek island this summer and the ONLY possible week is 1st week of July. Money is an issue too and I've found a charter ticket to Poros in the Sporadic islands. It seems alright and it's close to both Athens and the peleponese so that I can do some day-tours.

From what I read the beaches are supposedly not very nice, but are they really THAT bad? ANY other island would be about 100€ more expensive so...

Also... should I take the charter ticket or try to arrange something by myself as far as accomodation goes do you think? And if so...Spetses, Poros, Ydra or Egina?

Take care!
      Roger

10 Answers Aug 3, 2008 at 7:16 AM