Pori

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• key to huts along Nordkalottleden

Kilpisjärvi Jul 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Does anyone know anything about the key system for the huts along the Nordkalottleden? I've heard that I need a key for the huts, but don't know where I can get the key?

more
    • transportation to kummakivi-balancing-rock

Imatra Jul 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Hi, I would love to visit the kummakivi-balancing-rock. From the map, seems like Imatra is the nearest train station. Is there any other transport I could get there besides renting a car?
      Will be travelling during Dec 2014.

more
    • Is it safe to swim in the lakes of Nuuksio National park?

Nuuksio Jul 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hello, I would like to know is there are safe places in Nuuksio national park to swim in.
      I will go to Nuuksio National park in the following days and since it will be very warm I would like to swim in a lake like Nuuksion pitkajärvi or Holma - Saarijärvi.
      I will go alone in the park but I am a bit worried because most of the lakes are swampy:
      are there dangerous snakes there? weeds?
      Also I am a bit worried about the pollution:
      The water is turbid and it is difficult to guess the depth of the lake and I'm afraid that there are currents that pull me down.
      Anyway I never swam in a lake and I am quite worried about a lot of things.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT IS SAFE TO SWIM IN THE LAKES OF NUUKSIO NATIONAL PARK AND, IF YES, WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION?

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Christmas lunch and dinner

Rovaniemi Jul 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hi VT family,

We are an Australian family of 8 (2 grand children aged 6 and 3 in that family) and we have booked a cabin in Muurola area from 20/12 to 27/12 this year (2014). I'm looking for suggestion about what would be good places in Rovaniemi to book in for a Xmas lunch and a Xmas dinner on 25/12/14. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards Malcolm

more
    • Hotel Helsinki

Helsinki 23 hours ago

Hi
      What do you know about hotel KlausK ?

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Transportation and price details

Helsinki Jun 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi,
      I would be in Helsinki for 1 day and it is my second visit.I would like to go to Suomenlinna and Porvoo.
      How can I go,how long does it take to go and what it nearly costs?
      As I willhave limited time all your advice will be great help to me while maiking programme.
      Thanks and regards

more
    • staying in Pori

by mary&sonje Online Now Apr 7, 2007 at 2:16 AM

Hello
      I am visiting Pori to see and do some research on an exhibition at the museum so I will be there for around 3/4 days. I am wondering whether to stay in Kristinestad- the guide book says it's very beautiful/old and commute by bus each day or stay in Tampere- which sounds like a busy and interesting city and commute from there. I am thinking out aloud - maybe it's possible to stay a couple of nights in Kristinestad and my last night/day in Tampere where my flight goes from. Any thoughts most welcome as I have not been to Finland before and want to see different aspects of the country in a short time.
      Best Wishes
      Mary

• multi's Profile Photo

Porri Jaz Fest Meeting

by multi Online Now Jul 15, 2003 at 4:47 AM

Hey! Is anybody going to go to fest on 19th of July on concert to Kirjurinluoto Concert Park?? Let's make a VT-meeting!!! =)

2 Answers Jul 16, 2003 at 1:18 AM
    • helimaarit's Profile Photo

Pori jazz 2003

by helimaarit Online Now Apr 3, 2003 at 1:55 AM

Pori jazz festival is coming!!! 38th Pori Jazz Festival 12th - 20th July 2003! My favourite performers this year: James Brown and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Here's a list of other performers: Wayne Shorter, Danilo Perez, Jon Patitucci, Brian Blade. Curtis Fuller. Los Hombres Calientes Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Pinettes Brass Band, Duke Heitger Orleans Swingers. New Orleans Royal Players Brass Band - Sam Butera, Buenos Hermanos -Pinettes Brass Band ja Los Cumbancheros. Keiko Matsui, Marc Ducret, Triade, Mikko Innanen. Kimmo Pohjonen, Eric Echampard Gaguik Mouradian, Didier Petit and Terje Isungset. "Something in Common", 32 Janvier, Auprès de ma Blonde. Regina Carter, Aladar Pege, Jukka Perko and Junnu Aaltonen James Brown Marcus Miller. Sam Moore, Lucky Peterson. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy The Roots. Quintessence

1 Answer Apr 4, 2003 at 5:31 AM