Poole

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Best places to eat near rotherham theatre there's 11 of us Inc a 4 year old. For Sunday evening.

more
    • Luggage storage

Southampton Dec 11, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Is there a facility or company in Southampton that stores luggage while I'm off touring UK?

more
    • behappy30's Profile Photo

Peppa Pig World

Hampshire Nov 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi! I'm preparing a 4 days break to Peppa Pig World with my children (next may). I would like to know if there is any advantage buying tickets in advance via web. Also If tickets allow the entrance to Paulton's Park and if is it good for 3 years old children, and any other advice you can give me. We'll be using a rental car. Is there any other good attraction near there?
      Thanks a lot.

more
    • Transfer between Heathrow Central and Terminal 4

Heathrow Dec 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hello, i will be catching the N9 bus from Central London to Heathrow central Bus Station aiming to arrive around 5:45am. I will then need to get to Terminal 4. Is the free Heathtrow Express shuttle only Free to those who connect from other Heathrow Express services or anyone who wishes to use it. Thank You

more
    • Regarding connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My thanks to all of you that replied to my questions about the connection time for flights at Terminal 5. Certainly put our minds at rest and we shall now relax and if necessary implement some very good suggestions should things go 'pear shaped'!!! We are tackling route 66 over four weeks so any more problems and i shall come calling !!! Once again thank you all.

Regards
      Alan

more
    • URGENT - Grainstore Apartments next to Excel London

London Dec 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Does anyone in London know if the Grainstore Apts. on Canary Wharf are still operating?

Their emails bounce, phone # doesn't work and the website is expired.

We have PAID reservations for tomorrow and can't get a hold of them.

Please HELP.

more
    • Souvenir UK car registration plate from London

London Dec 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I plan to get a license plate with my personal lettering as a souvenir from ‪‎London‬. Where to get it from?

The plate need not be original but a replica close to original would do. I like to collect the plates with my custom lettering from countries I visit. Is it possible to get one from London? Where?
      Thanks for the help.

more
    • nightclubs in wigan

Wigan Nov 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM

what was the nightclub called that was near what was intro agency?? if u went through the ally way to wallpaper suppiles it was on your right hand side.

more
    • connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM

We are flying from Madrid departure 0820hrs and arriving Heathrow 0950hrs thro American but operated by Iberia. We are leaving Heathrow at 1120hrs and arriving O'Hare 1345hrs thro American but operated by BA. We have 1hr and 30mins between flights - is this enough time? Both flights arrive and depart from T5. If time is tight can we ask a member of staff for assistance in order to connect with flights ? Does anyone know the procedure for a missed flight connection? We booked the flights thro American Airlines. I assume we just both clear security and not immigration.We are both UK citizens.

more
    • SONG's Profile Photo

connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM

AFJ posted in misc and said he / she was not able to post in travel. So I have C & P........

connection times at London Heathrow

by AFJ 1 hours ago

Dep Madrid 0820hrs arr Heathrow 0950hrs on American 8816 operated by Iberia. Leave Heathrow 1120hrs arr O'Hare 1345hrs on American 6195 operated by BA. Connections at Terminal 5 with 1hr 30 mins spare - will this be enough time. If time is tight what are my options - not going till May so times may change again. When we made this booking we had a two hour window but not now. Can i get a member of staff to hurry us thro if necessary? Do i have to just go thro security and not immigration. We are UK citizens.

more
    • Queensway area

London 21 hours ago

We will be staying near Queensway tube station. What is this area like in the evening. Are there many nice bars and restaurants about? How does it compare with Paddington in terms of quantity and quality of local bars and restaurants, safety walking about in the late evening, transport links to Victoria station. Many thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to respond?

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Rail and rental car question

London Dec 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I want to travel from London to Truro by train and rent a car from Enterprise on March 17th. I want to be picked up at the train station and dropped off at the airport. The Enterprise man's email does not give me a confirmation number - he seems to want me to buy a ticket on the train first. The National Rail Enquiries - Journey Planner will only give me train times up to 2015 March 12th. But www.thetrainline.com/‎

is perfectly willing to sell me a ticket for the 17th. How can I get a car reservation confirmation without a train time (is there a website I can go to?), and should I go ahead and buy a ticket through 'thetrainline' people or wait a week and get one from National Rail?

more
    • What's the fastest airside method for transferring from terminal 3 to 4?

Heathrow Dec 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I have a Virgin Atlantic - Delta code share flight arriving from Bombay to LHR terminal 3 and LHR - Detroit (USA) from terminal 4 since Delta is in terminal 4. I have a valid US visa so I "think" I can transit airside without a transit visa even if I am an Indian passport holder and not in the DATV list . See: gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...
      Question is what is the best way to connect between terminal 3 and 4 without picking the wrong train, subway, etc. ?

more
    • places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Could you tell me were there is to eat family friendly for 11 of us before the panto on Sunday night in Rotherham thanks.

more
    • Budget accommodation and public transport.

Bamburgh Dec 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Is it possible to explore this area by using public transport, we are here mainly on a walking holiday but would like to use Bamburgh as a base and visit places like Lindisfarne, coastline walking to nearest villages with a return bus, maybe some walks in the Borders area? Also looking for either self catering accommodation or budget B & B for approx. 5 days in June 2015. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also does anyone know what season the puffins may be visible in this area. Thank you

more
    • Do i need a transit visa?

Heathrow Dec 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I have a philippine passport and a valid irish visa. I booked a through-ticket flight via etihad which requires me to stay at heathrow for less than 3 hours while waiting for my connecting flight. I will be arriving by terminal 4 and departing by terminal 2 on my way to ireland. Will i be needing a transit visa?

more
    • Public transportation to Loo from St. Ives?

Saint Ives Dec 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We're a party of three seniors heading for St. Ives and wondered if there was bus service to Loo? We're travelling in early April of this coming year and would love to spend a night in Loo but dare not rent a car as we're from the US and the roads are daunting to us. Can anyone assist in public transportation information to Loo from St. Ives?

more
    • is anything open in february in scarborough,?

Scarborough Dec 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Wondering if the amusements etc are all open

more
    • Visitor visa for transit?

Heathrow Dec 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hi I have a visitor visa for uk. Is that okay to transit Heathrow with ?

more
    • 726jenni's Profile Photo

Travel from Heathrow to Penzance

England Yesterday

What would be the best way to get from Heathrow to Penzance? I have looked at getting the train into Padington, staying the night thn getting the train to Penzance the following day. It is quite expensive and adds the cost of accommodation in London. I then looked at staying overnight at Heathro and hiring a car to drive to Penzance. One car hire company has a drop-off point in Pnzance. This is half the cost of the train from Paddinngton option. How long would it take to drive from Heathrow to Penzance? The bus looks like an all-day affair and not that appealing. I am going walking the Coastal path from Penzance to Falmouh at end of May 2015. Any ideas/advice would be appreciated. Thank you. Jenni

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Art deco hotels

London Dec 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Does any one know,what area i should look for in London for art deco hotels,with either afternoon tea or 2 nights acomadation as a gift to a newly wed couple,not fusssed on price as 5 of us will be chipping in

more
    • Travelling to London August 2015. Cost of living ??

London Dec 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello everyone, how are you?

I'm travelling to London for a 7 days holiday, next summer (August) with a friend. And as I lived there from 1996 to 2007, I know how expensive London can be for a tourist, compared to any other city in Europe (unless, of course, you from Norway or Japan). So this time I'll go as a tourist, as there are things I never did or visited when I lived there.

Since it's been 7 years I left London (by the way I miss London so much), I don't actually know what is the cost of living in London for a budget tourist at this moment in time. I've already booked the flight, accommodation and London Pass, for London attractions + Travelcard which costed me a total of €700 (about £560) all inclusive.

Having done that (flight, accommodation, pass and travel card), what remains is food, drink and entertainment. So I was thinking on a (low) budget of £60/£80 (€76/€100) per day (that's £420(€530) for 7 days). What do you think? Can we live on or spend our holiday with this budget for a week? We obviously won't be spending £60/£80 a day, everyday. Surely we'll go clubbing a couple of times, some evenings we'll go to a pub or a bar with music and stuff like that, and then we'll get some souvenirs for friends and family back home!

Also we'd like to go to see Stonehenge (if we can squeeze some time in), on a day trip. What is the fastest way to get there and how much do you does it costs?

Thank you in advance friends!

Take care !!!

francis_opalm@yahoo.it

more
    • Must see things in London

London Dec 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I have a few friends coming over to London who want to to see the genuine underbelly of the city. We all know about big Ben and the Houses of parliament, but I was wondering if there are any more lesser know but equally as iconic things to visit in London.

more
    • Is 90 min enough for check in?

Heathrow Dec 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hello, I am traveling from Paddington to Heathrow Terminal 5 on sunday, and first train leaves at 6,25. My flight is at 8,25 (European), is it enough time to check in and pass security?
      Thanks

more
    • Things to do for free

London Dec 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hi.

I will be at London between the 5th and 12 of december. What I can't miss in London during those days?
      Anything for free?
      By the way, which markets can I visit?

Thanks!
      Best Regards..

more
    • Transportation from hotel to ferry terminal

by shill46 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM

In June we plan to take the Poole-Cherbourg 9 am ferry as foot passengers with luggage (renting a car in Cherbourg). Is there a hotel with reliable transportation to the ferry terminal? Any other suggestions?

7 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    • Boat cruise

by louisecroft Online Now May 19, 2007 at 2:27 AM

Hi,

I am hoping to have a birthday party as a boat cruise around the harbour. can anyone recommend any companies to hire a boat from?

Thanks!

Louise

• nadene22's Profile Photo

Moving to Poole area

by nadene22 Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 2:50 PM

We are planning to move down to Poole in the new year and have no idea of the best areas, best primary schools etc.. Can anyone give some advice.... Many thanks

3 Answers Mar 31, 2005 at 10:58 AM
    • New to UK and Poole

by thycam Online Now Mar 27, 2004 at 9:13 PM

Hi Everyone. I am a medical student from the US, doing a rotation in Poole for three months. I have the weekends off and I want to make sure that I don't waste anytime. Can anyone offer advice as to where to go near Poole as well as where to fly to from nearby airports (which are they) and how to get the best deals? Sorry for it being so long. I truly appreciate all the help.

2 Answers Mar 28, 2004 at 11:31 PM