Poole Travel Answers

change location
nadene22's Profile Photo

Moving to Poole area

by nadene22 Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 2:50 PM

We are planning to move down to Poole in the new year and have no idea of the best areas, best primary schools etc.. Can anyone give some advice.... Many thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Moving to Poole area

by Doc.Holidays Online Now Nov 8, 2004 at 6:58 PM

It's all pretty nice. The Bournemouth Poole area is a nice place to be.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Moving to Poole area

by Parttimetraveller Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 7:14 AM

I'll try and be a bit more enlightening than the last response! The best areas are Sandbanks, Canford Cliffs or anywhere with seas views but unless you're a millionaire this may not be where you end up. More affordable is Parkstone and Branksome, and they're not far from the see and are sandwiched between Bournemouth and Poole. As for schools, I haven't got kids but going by reputation Baden Powell and Lilliput are supposed to be very good. Hope this helps and let me know if you've got any other queries.

• hann_j's Profile Photo

RE: Moving to Poole area

by hann_j Online Now Mar 31, 2005 at 10:58 AM

Hope this doesn't come too late. Hhave only just discovered site and forum.
    I am a local primary school teacher, living and working in swanage.
    Lilliput does have good reputation, but is over-subscribed and as previous respondant said, is within 'millionaires' catchment.
    Internet is a good source of information for schools - you can look at ofsted reports online and the schools' websites give a more personal perspective. I recently checked out Upton infants school website and ofsted report and they looked good - academically and also for ethos and 'fun aspects'! If you are further towards Wareham, Sandford First school comes with a personal recommendation!
    Hope you are happy settling down here. It's a great place to live!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines