Poole Travel Answers

change location

New to UK and Poole

by thycam Online Now Mar 27, 2004 at 9:13 PM

Hi Everyone. I am a medical student from the US, doing a rotation in Poole for three months. I have the weekends off and I want to make sure that I don't waste anytime. Can anyone offer advice as to where to go near Poole as well as where to fly to from nearby airports (which are they) and how to get the best deals? Sorry for it being so long. I truly appreciate all the help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leffe3's Profile Photo

Re: New to UK and Poole

by leffe3 Online Now Mar 28, 2004 at 1:12 AM

Poole is in a beuatiful part of England so you will get a lot of opportunities to see things. Your closest regional airport is Bournemouth - which has very limited options, as does the next nearest, Southampton. But as its only a couple of hours by train to London you may want to do any plane trips fromthere and that way you have a much wider choice. As Poole is in the 'centre' of the south coast, you have great options for the coast - Swanage and Purbeck Coasts, Isle of Wight, Bournemouth is also a premier English holiday resort. Inland is the stunningly beautiful New Forest and the many many villages that can be explored at leisure. Enjoy! keith

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • colin_bramso's Profile Photo

Re: New to UK and Poole

by colin_bramso Online Now Mar 28, 2004 at 11:31 PM

Yes, the New Forest for sure. My favourite place in the world!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines