Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Supermarkets

Saint-Émilion Yesterday

Does anyone know of any major supermarkets in the St Emilion area? Location?

• Some basic info regarding Colmar travel

Colmar Oct 1, 2015 at 8:37 AM

Hi All,

Hope you are having a great time ☺️☺️

I was thinking of visiting Colmar in France. I would like to gather some basic info like the best time to visit there and some good guesthouses to stay.

Appreciate your help in advance ☺️☺️

• What is best time to visit Cap d'Agde.

Le Cap d'Agde Sep 27, 2015 at 6:03 PM

I am planning to visit Cap d Adge beaches between 10-oct-15 to 15-oct-15. So, my question is about,
      is this suitable timing to visit Cap d Adge and enjoy nude beaches.
      what to we can wear minimum cloth inside naturist village as well as on outside nude beaches.
      can i go to night clubs as single male
      Please answers that will really helpful for me.

• Airport transportation

Marseille Sep 12, 2015 at 1:30 PM

What are the options of getting from the airport to a Vieux Port area hotel?

• Ski resorts near Prades

Prades Oct 3, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Hi, does anyone know how far to the ski resorts from Prades? Thanks, Dermot

• 30 Hours Stop-over - What to do?

Paris Sep 27, 2015 at 7:07 AM

I will have a 30 hour stop-over in Paris in my way to Africa. Will be staying at an airport hotel. ANy recomendations on how to spend that time?

• lancer52's Profile Photo

Eiffel tower

Paris Sep 21, 2015 at 5:30 AM

What is the fastest way to get from glare du nord to the Eiffel Tower? I arrive T the station at 11 35am and have a booking to go up 12 35pm.

• Ideas for activities

Nice Sep 29, 2015 at 10:29 AM

I am travelling to Nice on the 15th October for 5 nights and am looking for ideas to fill my day while I am there. I am stating in the Port of Nice and travelling alone so just looking for any hint and tips you may have.

• MightyMo41's Profile Photo

Best euro train

Paris Sep 25, 2015 at 2:01 AM

Hi VT members

I would like to know the most comfortable, clean train I can use to go from Paris to Amsterdam.

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Local "Gewürztraminer" more acidy and more expensive than in Rh-Pfalz?

Alsace Sep 24, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Tried several. In France all were bought at LeClerc + Auchan + Norma + Aldi.
      In Germany from a local farm.

Not sure why, but my Alsatian wine experiments weren't as successful as "farm experiments" in Germany.
      Maybe because I should compare apples with apples and not with (sour) grape?

I.e. buy the wine from a farm?

Had a similar experiment few month ago in Hungary (Auchan Hungary wine versus farmer).
      It was a day and night difference.

• ilanarita's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport

Paris Oct 5, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Will arrive at CDG airport and travel into central paris. Is it best to pre book and pay or join the line at a taxi rank. Any suggestions for a reliable service?

• Best hotel

Paris Oct 4, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi everyone can you recommend us the good hotel to stay. We are 4 people and and staying for 4 days in Paris. We are planning to go in Disney land on the second day. Please Help us to find hotel near train station so its easy for us to go and visit beautiful places in Paris.

Big thanks!

• jurkka's Profile Photo

I am thinking 1st time visit to Paris, Bagneux area

Paris Sep 24, 2015 at 4:15 AM

What interesting (historical, restaurants, whatever?) is close by this area (near bagneux cemetary). Around end of March-April. Merci beaucoup!

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

From CDG to Saint-Michel Notre-Dame taking the Taxi or the RER train & questions.

Paris Sep 16, 2015 at 10:42 AM

There will be 4 of us arriving at CDG airport and traveling to a hotel near the Metro, Saint-Michel. Using a taxi as compared to the RER train, what would you recommend? Comparing convenience, cost, time and anything else? Also, when I look at a map it seems that the Saint-Michel Notre-Dame RER station is a different than the Metro Saint-Michel which is walking distance from our hotel. According to the map the RER station is a bit longer walk or are the really the same underground? We would be arriving mid day. Thank you.

• Visiting france first time

France Oct 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Hi ...I'm planning to visit France for the first time from Dubai from 21st november to 27th november but i have no idea which place and hotel to stay. i also want to know which places should i visit during my vaccation? Should i travel to any other near by country or should i explore France only? looking for something economical.
      Any other information will be highly appreciated (i'm travelling with my 3yr old son and hubby).
      Thanks in advance.

• Mermaid2013's Profile Photo

Car rental

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Sep 26, 2015 at 5:01 PM

when renting a car do most people choose to include the CDW Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Protection that is offered? I haven't checked with my local insurance company yet to see if they cover anything while abroad but just started looking at cars tonight and was wondering.

• jojes's Profile Photo

transfer time needed

Paris Sep 28, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Hi all

We're looking into flying to South Africa.
      We have found a very favorable price flying from Düsseldorf to Paris CDG.
      The transfer time is 1h35 minutes.
      Do you think this will be enough to go through the necessary checks and still be on time for our connection to Johannesburg?
      Since the tickets has departure Dssd and destination Jnb and this transfer time is what KLM calculates, I guess this should be enough?
      Never been to CDG yet, so I don't have a clue how chaotic or organised things are around there ...

Thanks for your input!

• Staying in 2nd arrondissement

Paris Sep 9, 2015 at 9:51 AM

I was hoping someone could be me some advice. I was looking to stay in the Marais area, but have ended up booking a place in the 2nd arrondissement.

Can anyone tell me about this area? The information online is limited, I am staying in an apartment on rue Montmartre, but now not sure if this area is ok?

• Upper Normany

France Sep 22, 2015 at 6:57 AM

Where would be best to stay for exploring Upper Normandy? Must I rent a car or it's possible to make it by public transportation?

• Train Transfer time at Gare de Pau - france

France Sep 17, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Hello I am on the Train Express Regional 67015 arriving at 13:48 and need to change to
      Train Express Regional 67277 departing at 13:54 . This is a 6 mins transfer time

I would like to know which platform does the Train Express Regional 67015 arrive on and on which platform
      Train Express Regional 67277 departs from so that i can estimate walking or running

• Most convenient hotel

Nice Sep 30, 2015 at 10:29 AM

visiting end of december! wanted to know which hotels are the most convenient and close to everything! thanks!

• Shorth stay visa extention from 60 days to 90 days

France Sep 30, 2015 at 6:06 AM

I sent my daughter to France to stay for two months with my sister in law family. Since she applied for two month visa in our country, they gave only two month visa. Now, she wants to stay one more month in France and for the total period of one month. Please let me know, whether she can extent her short stay visa from 60 days to 90 days. If possible, where can she extent. what are the documents are required

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

Which Town is best as a base. Avignon? Arles? Aix? St. Remy?

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur 20 hours ago

Hello Friends,

Hope you're all well! We are taking a short impromptu trip to Provence and would love some advice.

We will be making a loop from Torino through the Tunnel of Frejus to the area somewhere around Avignon where we will stay 3ish nights to explore the area.

Would you give me some advice on which town would be the best to use as a base? We will have car so that we can explore during the day, but we'd like a town that is interesting in its own right with restaurants, shops and sites.

Would you give us some advice on the best town to use as a base?

Thank you and hope to see you around

• Any other tidbits on places not to miss would be greatly appreciated too.

• Paris Visite vs. 10 t+ Ticket Carnet

Paris Oct 4, 2015 at 11:18 PM

I will be visiting Paris next year for 3 days and will be staying at Nanterre (near the RER station Nanterre Prefecture-Zone 3). I will be making around 10-12 trips during my stay in and around centre of Paris and will also be going to Disneyland and Bateaux Parisiens river cruise (4 Euro discount with Paris Visite card). Please let me know if the Paris Visite card for 3 days, Zone 1-3 (for 26 Euros per person), will be cost effective or not. Or should I go for carnet of 10 t+ tickets for 14 Euros.? I will have to commute through RER A for most trips to Paris centre, & I believe the t+ tickets are valid only for RER on Zone 1 and not on Zone 3.

Awaiting reply on priority.

• MardinaN's Profile Photo

Trip to Paris December

Paris Oct 3, 2015 at 5:51 AM

Planning to visit Paris for the 1st time as from 2nd week of December..any advice for the type of clothes and weather?
      Thank you