Pont-Aven Travel Answers

change location

day courses in painting

by susandodge Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 1:38 AM

My family is visiting Pont Aven in the last two weeks of August this year.
They will be engaged in all sorts of activities but I would like to go on a one or two day art course. Are there any small workshops or private enterprises where one might find peace and painting in or out of doors for this activity?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • painterdave's Profile Photo

Re: day courses in painting

by painterdave Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Hello,
    You so lucky to be able to go there. This village is so peaceful and tranquil, and don't worry you will find lots of places to sit quietly and paint. So if you don't find a workshop, it will work out. The real trick is to figure out how to carry all your equipment.
    Keep searching and good luck. Sorry I could not help you except to encourage you as when I was there I just painted.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: day courses in painting

by susandodge Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Thank you for your thoughts. I will keep trying. The area is magical and has a special quality.

I like your profile picture, is it you?

• ranger49's Profile Photo

by ranger49 Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 1:21 PM

As you will be in the area for two weeks - if you take a walk down by the river, from where the vedette sailing boats depart, you will see, on your right, many artists' ateliers/studios and galleries.
    Many of them advertise tuition sessions.
    I suggest you explore this option early in your stay and arrange a session. Perhaps choose one whose work interests you.

Pont Aven is one of my favourite destinations and we visit quite frequently; but it is a long time since I visited in August when it can be very crowded so get down there early in the day:)
    Enjoy your visit.

• painterdave's Profile Photo

by painterdave Online Now Jun 13, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I will add some more after thinking about it. The small river is effected by the tide and during the day the boats are left high and dry, and just above this spot is a waterwheel, flowers, etc. You just can't miss out on many many composiitons, ready made. The town keeps the place picked up and clean, while there are trees all around.
    I wish I could go back there.
    One other thing....Concarneau, a small town west....it has a ramp that goes over the water to get to the little walled town. Also another bunch of compositions, ready made. Across from Concarneau is such a nice drive, and good restaurants on what seemed to be an island. Hard to remember this. But if you have time you might take a look and paint there, too.
    Dave

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines