change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Information requested

Tanzania Mar 22, 2015 at 3:10 AM

hey everybody,

In October 2015 we're planning to visit Tanzania. Some practical questions / doubts / do's / dont's:
      - accommodation in the NPs. You recommend staying either in or right outside the park?
      - transportation throughout the country?
      - walking / climbing the Kilimanjaro?

Looking forward hearing from you, thanks!

more
    • Nature Beauties

Arusha Mar 23, 2015 at 2:27 AM

Does anyone know Nature Beauties Safaris company? I couldn't find any recent review on the web (last available reviews are dated 2012).
      Many thanks

more
    • jtj3runner's Profile Photo

Chicago to Tanzania, as few flights as possible?

Tanzania Mar 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Hi experts...

We're planning a trip to Tanzania next year for 9 days. I have status on United Airlines, so my preference is to fly UAL or a Star Alliance partner. We live in Chicago, and my thought was that we could fly from here to somewhere in Europe, then from wherever that is to Tanzania (probably Dar Es Salaam).

Trouble is, from looking at the United web site and trying to get an itinerary, it looks like way more flights than I want to take. I'd be OK with flying from ORD to NWR, LGA, HOU, IAD, etc., and then leaving the US from one of those airports. But all the trips UAL seems to offer take us through Manchester, or London, or Zurich...then to Turkey, or Ethiopia, or Egypt - then to Dar Es Salaam. I haven't yet called United directly, but is anyone aware of direct flights from, say, London, Paris, Zurich, Frankfurt, Munich, etc., to Dar Es Salaam on United or a United partner? Thanks.

more
    • Pongwe cuisine

by tuktuker Online Now May 16, 2005 at 2:48 PM

I am looking at spending a week at Pongwe Beach Hotel. I realize that it is a small quiet place with no pool. I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about the restaurant there. It is supposed to be one of the better places in the area. Thanks :)

1 Answer Nov 5, 2005 at 11:50 PM