Pompeii Travel Answers

change location

?? for those who have done Naples to Pompeii by train

by Ticketfor1please Online Now Oct 5, 2010 at 12:26 PM

So, I am in Naples, heading to Sorrento for few days. Would love to see Pompeii and all its offerings. Is it feasible to take train to Pompeii with luggage, then continue on to Sorrento after seeing the sights? Is there any place to store luggage anywhere? Or do I have go to Sorrento and come back up to Pompeii without baggage?? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: ?? for those who have done Naples to Pompeii by train

by leics Online Now Oct 5, 2010 at 12:53 PM

You will take the cheap, frequent Circumvesuviana train from Napoli Garibaldi station (adjoining Napili Centrale station) to Pompeii Scavi station.

Ticket will cost you less than 5 euro. Timetables here;

http://www.vesuviana.it/web/en

Circumvesuviana trains are rather like Metro carriages, but travel overground. Taking your luggage will not be a problem as long as you are not travelling at busy times (this is a commuter line).

Pompeii is roughly halfway between Naples and Sorrento...about 30 minutes from either. Pompeii Scavi station is almost directly opposite the site entrance.

There is a left-luggage facility at Pompeii, inside the entrance. It used to be free, but this may have changed (the official website is not terribly up to date). Nor do I know if there is a maximum bag size you can leave there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines