Pompeii Travel Answers

change location

been to pompeii recently??

by traceyyp Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 5:36 AM

Going from rome to sorrento and ill each have quite a large and heavy bag. Can we leave them with the reception and if so for how much? is it a safe hold? Could we do pompeii and vesuvius in one day without feeling rushed? Does the site have a variety of entrance rates? I am from the UK and have heard we can get i free is that true?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: been to pompeii recently??

by qaminari Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 8:33 AM

1) I presume you mean you would be stopping off on the Circumvesuviana between Naples and Sorrento to visit Pompeii and that you are talking about leaving luggage at the entrance before touring the site. If so, yes there are left luggage rooms at both entrances to the site, the main one is about 100m from the railway station "Pompei Scavi" (Villa dei Misteri). I believe the facilities are free.
    2) See travel pages on Naples/Vesuvius/Pompeii and fodors.com/forums/threadsele...
    3) Adult €11; Reduced fee €5 for EU citizens between 18 and 25 and for teachers at EU State schools; free for EU citizens under 18 or over 65
    4) True IF you are under 18 or over 65, otherwise not.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jasonhigdon64's Profile Photo

Re: been to pompeii recently??

by jasonhigdon64 Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 10:05 AM

Hi there!
    We did Pompei and vesuvius in 1 full day and never felt rushed at all. We found after 4 hours in Pompei we had seen enough (all the main public houses and stadiums, and of course the amphitheatre!). At the Pompei Scavi train station we found a chrarter bus to the 1000m point of Vesuvius. The trip to the mountain, hike up the crator with time to explore and trip back toook almost 3 hours. I believe we were back in Sorrento around 6-ish, after arriving in Pompei just after 10 AM. Check out my travel pages for further details!

Cheers!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines