change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus from Lublin airport to Old Town

Lublin Aug 28, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Hi everyone!
      I heard that there's a direct bus from the airport to Old Town centre where we're staying, near Lublin Castle.

Can anyone please tell me which bus number I need and do I get off at the last stop? How much is the bus ticket and is it right in front of the airport or do we need to walk far to the bus stop?

Many thanks for all your help! :-)

more
    • Taxi from Lublin airport to hotel

Lublin Aug 24, 2015 at 6:15 AM

We're going to Lublin this weekend and wanted to book our taxi to our hotel in advance if possible for peace of mind. I normally book all my holiday transfers through resorthoppa but they don't seem to operate in Lublin.
      The hotel is calledHotel Groddzka 20 and address is ul. Grodzka 20, Lublin, 20-112, Poland.

Does anyone know how far it is from the airport roughly and how much a taxi would cost? Are there taxis outside the airport? Or is public transport/metro an option too?

Many thanks!

more
    • Sightseeing/travelling around Warsaw & recommendations for lovely restaurants near Westin Warsaw

Warsaw Aug 24, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Hey again!
      What's the best way to travel around Warsaw? Are there day tickets or 3 day tickets to buy at Warsaw Central station when we arrive? We enjoy walking but not sure how far all the main sights are from each other so wondered whether to buy all-inclusive travelcards if they are available (like Oystercards in London)?

Also if anyone has any recommendations for lovely Polish restaurants or anything else must-try (great food & hospitality not pretentious food &service!) then it would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

more
    • Dutch1961's Profile Photo

Music in Szczecin

Szczecin Aug 17, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Good afternoon
      I will be staying in Szczecin on my own in september and october for work. I'm traveling home every other weekend. For the weekends I'm trying to find place to go for life music, I like (modern) Jazz and folk music and all related types of music.
      Thank you
      Anna

more
    • Which is the main station ??

Wroclaw Aug 4, 2015 at 3:59 AM

There seems to be several train stations in Wroclaw ??
      Which is the main one ??
      thanks

more
    • Train from Lublin to Warsaw

Warsaw Aug 24, 2015 at 4:54 AM

Hey guys Can anyone please recommend the best/official website to book train tickets from Lublin to Warsaw? Once in Warsaw, we've booked The Westin Warsaw hotel so are there taxis outside the Central station (guess that's the main station where we'll arrive)? Apparently the hotel is 5 mins walk from Rondo ONZ metro station on Line M2 - is that easy to get to/use the Metro system? Many thanks!

more
    • Nieklan Wielki

Poland Aug 16, 2015 at 10:07 PM

I have posted previously re. visiting Nieklan Wielki, the birthplace of my mother. I have found very little on the internet regarding this village. It is approx. 21 miles north of Kielce and has a population of 880. Has any VTer ever travelled to or thru N W? I plan on travelling there by bus from Kielce and would like to stay there for a couple of days. Is there a hotel and grocery stores? Any relevant info. would be very much appreciated.

more
    • bus to Pultusk ....

Pultusk Aug 12, 2015 at 1:44 AM

Is there a bus to go to Pultusk from Warshaw and to come back in the afternoon ? What are the time-table ?

more
    • Nightlife in Poland

Krakow Aug 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM

I am traveling to Krakow, Poland next year. I will be just under 18 years old, so I am underage to drink. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of fun things to do at night that is reasonably priced and not super touristy? I will be staying near Old Town, so something too, that would be reasonably close. Any suggestions are welcome.

more
    • AMADEUSBAHR's Profile Photo

First travel to Poland.

Poland Aug 18, 2015 at 9:53 AM

In the next 14 October will arrive by plane to Warsaw.
      I'll stay until the 8th November in Poland.
      1. What are the main tourist cities?
      2. It is easy to buy train tickets on time? Or have to
      buy in advance for these cities?
      3. Are there any holiday in this period?
      4. The euro is accepted normally, or has to be in local currency?
      Grateful for all the help.

more
    • minnie_rambler's Profile Photo

Intercity travels within Poland

Poland Aug 7, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Hello VT friends,

Can anybody tell how can I do travelling between Warsaw, Gdansk and Krakow. My itinerary is fixed, I have planned to one way visit from Warsaw to Gdansk. And then again one way visit from Gdansk to Krakow .
      1. Warsaw--> Gdansk --> Krakow.
      2. Also from Krakow will be leaving Poland and have to reach Prague,Czech Republic.

Please tell the most convenient/cheaper/faster way to do this travels???

Thanks
      minnie_rambler

more

Popular Poland Travel Answer Locations

• Bus from Lublin airport to Old Town

Lublin Aug 28, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Hi everyone!
      I heard that there's a direct bus from the airport to Old Town centre where we're staying, near Lublin Castle.

Can anyone please tell me which bus number I need and do I get off at the last stop? How much is the bus ticket and is it right in front of the airport or do we need to walk far to the bus stop?

Many thanks for all your help! :-)

• Taxi from Lublin airport to hotel

Lublin Aug 24, 2015 at 6:15 AM

We're going to Lublin this weekend and wanted to book our taxi to our hotel in advance if possible for peace of mind. I normally book all my holiday transfers through resorthoppa but they don't seem to operate in Lublin.
      The hotel is calledHotel Groddzka 20 and address is ul. Grodzka 20, Lublin, 20-112, Poland.

Does anyone know how far it is from the airport roughly and how much a taxi would cost? Are there taxis outside the airport? Or is public transport/metro an option too?

Many thanks!

1 Answer Aug 24, 2015 at 6:26 AM
    • Sightseeing/travelling around Warsaw & recommendations for lovely restaurants near Westin Warsaw

Warsaw Aug 24, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Hey again!
      What's the best way to travel around Warsaw? Are there day tickets or 3 day tickets to buy at Warsaw Central station when we arrive? We enjoy walking but not sure how far all the main sights are from each other so wondered whether to buy all-inclusive travelcards if they are available (like Oystercards in London)?

Also if anyone has any recommendations for lovely Polish restaurants or anything else must-try (great food & hospitality not pretentious food &service!) then it would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Answer Aug 24, 2015 at 6:27 AM
    • Train from Lublin to Warsaw

Warsaw Aug 24, 2015 at 4:54 AM

Hey guys Can anyone please recommend the best/official website to book train tickets from Lublin to Warsaw? Once in Warsaw, we've booked The Westin Warsaw hotel so are there taxis outside the Central station (guess that's the main station where we'll arrive)? Apparently the hotel is 5 mins walk from Rondo ONZ metro station on Line M2 - is that easy to get to/use the Metro system? Many thanks!

4 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 12:33 PM
    • AMADEUSBAHR's Profile Photo

First travel to Poland.

Poland Aug 18, 2015 at 9:53 AM

In the next 14 October will arrive by plane to Warsaw.
      I'll stay until the 8th November in Poland.
      1. What are the main tourist cities?
      2. It is easy to buy train tickets on time? Or have to
      buy in advance for these cities?
      3. Are there any holiday in this period?
      4. The euro is accepted normally, or has to be in local currency?
      Grateful for all the help.

9 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 9:01 AM
    • Nightlife in Poland

Krakow Aug 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM

I am traveling to Krakow, Poland next year. I will be just under 18 years old, so I am underage to drink. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of fun things to do at night that is reasonably priced and not super touristy? I will be staying near Old Town, so something too, that would be reasonably close. Any suggestions are welcome.

8 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 12:58 AM
    • Dutch1961's Profile Photo

Music in Szczecin

Szczecin Aug 17, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Good afternoon
      I will be staying in Szczecin on my own in september and october for work. I'm traveling home every other weekend. For the weekends I'm trying to find place to go for life music, I like (modern) Jazz and folk music and all related types of music.
      Thank you
      Anna

3 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 12:14 PM
    • Nieklan Wielki

Poland Aug 16, 2015 at 10:07 PM

I have posted previously re. visiting Nieklan Wielki, the birthplace of my mother. I have found very little on the internet regarding this village. It is approx. 21 miles north of Kielce and has a population of 880. Has any VTer ever travelled to or thru N W? I plan on travelling there by bus from Kielce and would like to stay there for a couple of days. Is there a hotel and grocery stores? Any relevant info. would be very much appreciated.

6 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 9:33 AM
    • bus to Pultusk ....

Pultusk Aug 12, 2015 at 1:44 AM

Is there a bus to go to Pultusk from Warshaw and to come back in the afternoon ? What are the time-table ?

6 Answers Aug 15, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Intercity travels within Poland

Poland Aug 7, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Hello VT friends,

Can anybody tell how can I do travelling between Warsaw, Gdansk and Krakow. My itinerary is fixed, I have planned to one way visit from Warsaw to Gdansk. And then again one way visit from Gdansk to Krakow .
      1. Warsaw--> Gdansk --> Krakow.
      2. Also from Krakow will be leaving Poland and have to reach Prague,Czech Republic.

Please tell the most convenient/cheaper/faster way to do this travels???

Thanks
      minnie_rambler

13 Answers Aug 8, 2015 at 10:55 AM
    • Which is the main station ??

Wroclaw Aug 4, 2015 at 3:59 AM

There seems to be several train stations in Wroclaw ??
      Which is the main one ??
      thanks

3 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 12:27 PM
    • Restaurants

Poland Jul 27, 2015 at 9:56 PM

First timer to Poland from Canada. Will be mainly in Krakow and Kielce. What suggestions do VTer's have for good basic restaurants in each city centre. Thank you

3 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 1:24 AM
    • luckysnap's Profile Photo

driving in Poland.

Poland Jul 27, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Need advice on driving in Poland

8 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 11:44 PM
    • Exchanging Canadian $ to Zloty

Poland Jul 25, 2015 at 10:18 PM

First time going to Poland and will be in Kielce and Krakow for 3 weeks. What is best strategy for exchanging to zlotys? Buy some in Canada and how much and remainder in Poland? Buy at kiosks at airport in Krakow? Buy all at once or as you need zlotys? Bring Canadian $ along and exchange as required? Thank you for replies.

9 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 9:43 PM
    • WE NEED A HELP PLEASE

Poland Jul 23, 2015 at 8:48 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE PRICE(MORE OR LESS) FROM WADOWICE TO KALWARIA DEBRZ AND KALWARIA TO KRAKÓW GLOWNY.The guide tour is so fast and this two cities need a big time each one.From Kraków to Wadowice will be by train and this ok.THank you very much,my name is ELis,from Brazil. e-mail: lizzodonto@yahoo.com.br

4 Answers Jul 24, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Cheap yet fashionable women Clothings in Krakow

Krakow Jul 16, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Hello Friends,

I am planning to visit Poland in mid of August. I will be covering Krakow, Gdansk and Warsaw. My longest stay will be at Krakow. Please help me to figure out places/shops/markets/areas from where I would be able to buy cheaper yet trendy fashionable women clothings and accessories.
      I don't want high street brands but inexpensive stylish women clothings.
      Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions :)

Best Regards
      minnie_rambler

9 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 5:00 AM
    • Nieklan Wielki and Nieklan Duzy - the same?

Poland Jul 8, 2015 at 10:05 PM

My mother was born in Nieklan Duzy, a village near Kielce. The only close name that is on the map that is near Kielce is Nieklan Wielki. Can anyone please confirm that these are both the same. Was the name officially changed from Duzy to Wielki in the last 60 years or so?

7 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 9:36 AM
    • Birth Records

Poland Jul 7, 2015 at 10:01 PM

I will travelling to Poland for the first time this fall to visit the place of my mother's birth. She was born in 1919 in the village of Nieklan Wielke, just outside of Kielce. Would anyone in the VT community know where I could search for my mom's birth records.

5 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 8:18 PM
    • therme and sauna

Poland Jul 6, 2015 at 5:04 AM

hi
      I am looking for good facilities like the one you find in Germany. Ideally with different types of sauna and haman and were "aufguss" infusion sessions are performed.
      Any suggestions?

Tnx

4 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    • First timer questions.

Poland Jul 3, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I am the first timer to Poland and going to Kielce first with a lot of newbie questions:
      1) Are there any pubic facilities or other that have computers that can be used to send emails?
      2) I will be travelling in October (mainly to Kielce and Krakow) and am not sure for how long I will be in each location. Is it wise to book hotels in advance in Canada or can I just walk in to a hotel and expect the same price (after of course researching hotel on Trip Advisor)?
      3) Should I buy an adapter plug in Canada or do most hotels have adapters to accommodate North American plugs.
      4) Will my North American SIM card in my cell work in Poland ?
      4) Are there any special vaccination shots I should be receiving in Canada in advance of going to Poland?

Thank you kindly for your comments.

10 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 9:09 AM
    • Medical emergency

Poland Jun 30, 2015 at 9:58 PM

First time going to Poland - Krakow and Kielce. How does one get medical help if there is an emergency?

2 Answers Jul 1, 2015 at 7:17 AM
    • Krakow to Kielce - Mode of Transportation

Poland Jun 21, 2015 at 9:59 PM

I am travelling first time from Canada to Krakow and then to Kielce where my mother was raised and then to a small village (Nieklan Wielki) near Kielce where mom was born. I would appreciate comments on the best and easiest mode of transportation to these destinations and how far from airport (in Krakow) is the train station or bus terminal located, as well where in Kielce. Thank you in advance for your comments.

3 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 11:30 AM
    • Catching a Bus in Krakow

Krakow Jun 19, 2015 at 10:17 PM

I want to take a bus from the Krakow airport, that departs 55 minutes after my plane lands. Will that be enough time to get luggage, and clear customs?

8 Answers Jun 27, 2015 at 11:10 AM
    • rnl74's Profile Photo

Munich To Wroclaw by bus?

Poland Jun 19, 2015 at 9:23 AM

Hello,

I am travelling from Munich to Wroclaw, and was hoping to go overnight via train or bus. I found this company, but wasn't able to find any reviews on it, so was wondering if anyone here has used it and can recommend it? It is Autokar Polska - autokarpolska.com.pl

Thank you!

3 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 12:07 AM
    • Bus stop in Pogorzelce

Bialowieza Jun 19, 2015 at 4:04 AM

Is there a bus stop in Pogorzelce?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    • TerenceG2's Profile Photo

Transport between Auschwitz and Wadowice, and from Wadowice to Krakow

Poland Jun 17, 2015 at 7:46 AM

After the visit to Auschwitz-Memorial, I would like to plan a short visit to Wadowice. before going back to Krakow.
      Can someone suggest me which buses/trains operate between these 3 locations please, as the only threads I can locate do not contain working links (as they are old).

Thanks a lot :)

2 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 9:33 PM
    • Very rudimentary understanding of Polish - a problem?

Poland Jun 16, 2015 at 11:51 AM

I am travelling from Canada to visit where my mother was born and raised - a village Nieklan Wielki and Kielce. I will also be visiting sites in Krakow. I have spoken very little Polish for the last 45 years since my mom passed away.

Will my very rudimentary Polish be a significant problem getting around the above places especially in bus and train terminals, hotels, shops and when visiting sites in Krakow? All comments and any tips will be very much appreciated.

11 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 1:24 PM
    • Wroclaw to Brno by train

Wroclaw Jun 7, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Is it possible to get from Wroclaw to Brno by train ??
      If so , what's involved
      thanks

2 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 8:17 AM
    • Bus to Malbork Castle?

Gdansk May 31, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Is there a bus to take a person from Old Town Gdansk to Malbork Castle. Is an afternoon enough time to get there, see the castle and be back in Gdansk by 17:30 hrs.?

6 Answers Jul 24, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    • One night in Warsaw

Warsaw May 25, 2015 at 4:53 AM

One night in Warsaw!
      today, 12:47
      Me and my friend have booked a flight to Warsaw for one night next month to celebrate our birthdays.

We are staying in the city centre and are looking for lively fun places to go in the evening for food/drinks/dancing. We are visiting on a Wednesday night (17th june) and both female, 30ish, looking for a similiar aged crowd (nothing too young and nothing too prententious) preferably english speaking, being midweek we thought we better do some research in advance.

Looking for a good value for money trip so nothing too expensive as that was the point of getting out of London!

Any ideas of fun places on a Wednesday night, any dress codes or price information would be really helpful! Or any tips on where to stay away from!

Thanks!

3 Answers May 29, 2015 at 9:14 AM