Poland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Krakow airport to Zakopane transfer

Zakopane Feb 15, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Is anyone looking to travel from krakow airport to zakopane on march 4th 2015. I am travelling alone and wondered if there are other people going to Zakopane that evening. Looking at the costs it would be cheaper to share a journey. My flight arrives too late for the public transport bus.

more
    • meeson's Profile Photo

best hotels

Warsaw 23 hours ago

Hi vt'ers

Age old question here but want to know the best hotels in warsaw. want to stay in a decent 5 star but the 4 star polonia seems to win awards all the time so might go there. seems great value as well. I know this is a boring question but would be useful to find peoples views that have stayed there.
      I travel to Poland all the time but it will be my first time in warsaw. might go in the summer or for new year
      cheers guys and gals

more
    • Angenmax's Profile Photo

Accommodation suggestions please.

Krakow Feb 18, 2015 at 1:11 AM

Hello,

My sister and I will be travelling to Krakow in June and were wondering if anyone could suggest the 'best' area of the city to stay with regards to safety and access to popular tourist attractions. What are the 'must see' and 'must do' when visiting Krakow?

Thanks in advance,
      Andrea

more

Popular Poland Travel Answer Locations

• meeson's Profile Photo

best hotels

Warsaw 23 hours ago

Hi vt'ers

Age old question here but want to know the best hotels in warsaw. want to stay in a decent 5 star but the 4 star polonia seems to win awards all the time so might go there. seems great value as well. I know this is a boring question but would be useful to find peoples views that have stayed there.
      I travel to Poland all the time but it will be my first time in warsaw. might go in the summer or for new year
      cheers guys and gals

2 Answers 20 hours ago
    • Angenmax's Profile Photo

Accommodation suggestions please.

Krakow Feb 18, 2015 at 1:11 AM

Hello,

My sister and I will be travelling to Krakow in June and were wondering if anyone could suggest the 'best' area of the city to stay with regards to safety and access to popular tourist attractions. What are the 'must see' and 'must do' when visiting Krakow?

Thanks in advance,
      Andrea

8 Answers Yesterday
    • Krakow airport to Zakopane transfer

Zakopane Feb 15, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Is anyone looking to travel from krakow airport to zakopane on march 4th 2015. I am travelling alone and wondered if there are other people going to Zakopane that evening. Looking at the costs it would be cheaper to share a journey. My flight arrives too late for the public transport bus.

2 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 8:31 AM
    • travelling around zakopane

Zakopane Jan 31, 2015 at 12:56 PM

we are looking at going to zakopane for some skiing in the next couple of weeks and from what we can gather there are several ski areas in zakopane. how easy is it to get to the different ski areas with skis etc.

thanks

4 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    • hotel rating

Chelmno Jan 30, 2015 at 3:04 AM

I am booked into the Centrum Wymiany Mloddiezy hotel and would like to know your opinion of it. And how far is it from the town centre? is there public transport from the hotel to the town?

6 Answers Jan 31, 2015 at 12:54 AM
    • mariahc1's Profile Photo

In search of decent restaurants to take our students

Krakow Jan 30, 2015 at 2:06 AM

Hello everybody,

The History teacher from our school and myself will accompany a group of ten 16-year-old students on an educational trip to Krakow for 4 days. We would appreciate any recommendations on places to eat, apart from the known fast-food restaurants which we are trying to avoid as much as possible. Are restaurants expensive in Krakow? Is food expensive in general? We are not picky or anything, just decent restaurants which serve decent food.

As far as the weather is concerned, is the beginning of April considered a cold period in Krakow? Or is the cold becoming to get a bit milder?

Thank you.

p.s) Any other recommendations are welcome since we will be travelling with students.

16 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM
    • easy hiking in the Bieszczady National Park

Bieszczady Jan 26, 2015 at 11:39 PM

I'm taking 32 friends to Poland this October. We'd love to do some hiking in the Bieszczady National Park. I wonder if our coach (50 seats) can get right up to the Biexzczady mountains?

If it can, could anyone suggest where we can do some easy hiking with beautiful autumn view, please? (Most of us are over 60 but good walkers although not very strong.)

6 Answers Feb 14, 2015 at 7:57 PM
    • Train from Krakow to Prague

Krakow Jan 18, 2015 at 10:25 AM

What is the fare for the sleeping compartment on the train from Krakow to Prague?
      Is it comfortable to sleep there?

4 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 11:44 PM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Travel in Poland

Poland Jan 14, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Hey everyone
      I'm traveling in Poland early Febuary and am trying to get some advice on transport from people who have done it. Within the week I will be going from Krakow to Warsaw to Gdansk. I am on a budget, so would to bus or train be better? Any estimations of prices? I looked up trains from Warsaw to Gdansk but it quoted £18 and it sounds abit much (I payed £17 for my whole flight over there!!)
      I don't mind doing the buses but I don't want to waste my already short trip on a bus

Anyway, some advice would be great :)

18 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 5:04 AM
    • mole phones

Poznan Jan 6, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Hi can anyone recomend a shop that buys used mobile phones in poznan.

4 Answers Jan 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM
    • best time to see golden leaves in this area

Gdansk Jan 3, 2015 at 7:33 PM

When is the best time to see all the leaves turn gold in Kashubia? I saw beautiful aerial photos by Kacper Kowalski but all they say is the photos are in Kashubia, with no details as to where exactly are the photos taken and when? Could you help me with more specific details of time and places, please?
      Thanks,
      Utong

7 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 2:31 PM
    • best time to see golden leaves in this area

Bieszczady Jan 3, 2015 at 7:03 PM

When is the best time to see autumn in this area? When do the leaves turn gold? In the beginning or late October?
      Thanks,
      Utong

7 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 12:25 AM
    • Wroclaw,Poland

Wroclaw Dec 29, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Hello, I'm joining my husband on a business trip at the end of January for one week. He is visiting a company in Olawa Poland. We were thinking about staying in Wroclaw. He needs to be at the company for Tues., Wed. and Thurs. We thought if we left on Fri. from Toronto, Ontario, we would take advantage of a stop over and also try to visit one other place for a couple of days before arriving in Wroclaw. Any suggestions on where to stop over first? When we arrive in Poland any suggestions on places to visit,stay and eat would be very helpful, also what kind of weather would we be in for at the end of Jan.? Thank you for any advise or suggestions.

7 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 3:46 AM
    • HELP ! restaurant for new year's eve in Warsaw

Warsaw Dec 28, 2014 at 8:08 AM

HEllo... anyone can recommend a restaurant for the 31st december in Warsaw ?

1 Answer Dec 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • New year's eve 2014/2015

Warsaw Dec 27, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Hello, we're traveling to Warsaw tomorrow ! I would love a recommendation for a nice tasty restaurant that opens on dec 31st, so we can have dinner and then at 11 pm we wanna go out to the streets maybe old town square and watch fireworks, maybe go for a near club at 2 am ! we don't want to go for hotel's parties that have dancing and meal courses cuz then we won't be able to leave at midnight ! Would love some help ! smiley

• New years eve

Warsaw Dec 20, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Im looking for a restaurant or hotels that host a new years event, we a my cousin and me that are in need for a place, can't find anything at the hotel we are staying at (and thats Hotel mercure Grand). let me know if you have any idea???

cheers Martin Christensen DK

1 Answer Dec 20, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • Where can one find a decent selection of pipe tobacco to buy in Poznan, Poland?

Poznan Dec 11, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Dear People,

Could anyone please be so kind as to suggest where someone might buy pipe tobacco
      in Poznan?
      I have asked at the tourist bureau and at one or two stores that sell cigarettes and at the up-market store
      that specializes in cigars at the "Browar" shopping mall -- with no luck. No one knows. Yet I do
      know that the striking Novotel Centrum here in Poznan hosted a celebrated pipe smokers convention here a
      few years back; so my guess is -- is that there must be someplace that's a real, all-round
      tobacco store.
      But where?
      Thank you kindly ahead of time.
      -- Eurycleia

4 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    • sindar225's Profile Photo

Outdoor skating rinks

Warsaw Dec 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Hi everybody!

I'm going to Warsaw in early January and I'm trying to figure out if there are any outdoor ice rinks in Warsaw?

Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    • avening1970's Profile Photo

electric plug for warsaw, poland

Warsaw Nov 28, 2014 at 4:24 AM

can you use ordinary euro plug adaptor in warsaw

9 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM

xmas markets warsaw, poland

Warsaw Nov 26, 2014 at 5:12 AM

going to warsaw in Poland, will the xmas markets up and running

2 Answers Nov 28, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • Train company in Poland

Lublin Nov 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Hello,

I am travelling to Poland, and looking to go from Lublin to Krakow without going back to Warsaw. I know there is a train from Lublin to Kielce, and then Kielce to Krakow, but I am having trouble booking the tickets online through PKP. I am either unable to select, or get an error popping up. This is for a trip in January, so it isn't last minute. Anyway, is there a place you can recommend buying train tickets from?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM
    • Julia Sokol

Cmolas Nov 21, 2014 at 8:16 PM

My second great grandmother was from Cmolas. She was born in August 1893. She was Roman Catholic. How do I find out how many Catholic Churches there were in Cmolas at that time?

12 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    • Krakow city

Warsaw Nov 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM

For those who know the city: What is the closest train station in Krakow (traveling from Warsaw) if i need to get to Os Kosciuszkowskie 2? Krakow Glowny, Lagiewniki, Plaszow? Is it easy to reach walking or should i make it easy and take a taxi?
      Also, in Warsaw...is Dw. Centralny 04 where the busses stop the same building where the trains depart? Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 2:18 PM
    • Trains in Warsaw, Krakow

Warsaw Nov 14, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Hello, 

I've never been in Poland, so am a bit worried about a language barrier. I have an important meeting in Krakow on Monday. I'm traveling from Vilnius to Warszaw by bus first, and then planning to take a train to Krakow. I will arrive in Warszaw Central station at 5:00am on Saturday, is there a place to stay that early and is it safe to stay at the station, have a tea or so? And is it alright to buy the train ticket at the station as i am not sure about the times? I was thinking about a traveller's ticket for the weekend but that wouldn't help me on the way back on Monday? Any other cheaper options? And maybe some tips about where to stay for a night in Krakow? Thanks a lot!! Every answer appreciated :)

4 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Airport Transfer from Warsaw Airport Poland

Warsaw Nov 14, 2014 at 3:45 AM

What is an average reasonable price to pay for transfer from Warsaw Airport Poland, to the city-centre. Is it ok to pre-book a taxi on the internet and any recommendations on websites. Or contacts to use in Poland when we get there,

thankyou

7 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 4:32 AM

Places to eat Warsaw,poland

Warsaw Nov 14, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Recomendations on where to eat in warsaw, Poland. Somewhere traditional serves polish food, reasonably priced, (not after cheap).

3 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    • New year / Sylwester

Gdansk Nov 11, 2014 at 6:15 AM

Hi!

I'm traveling to Gdanks/Sopot for New Year's Eve with friends.
      Which city (Gdansk/Sopot) do you recommend and which clubs?

Thank you!

7 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 4:22 AM
    • Prague to Oswiecim: Any Waiting area at the station?

Oswiecim Nov 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I am visiting Auschwitz Concentration camp next week. I am planning to catch the night train from Prague to Krakow and get down at Oswiecim instead of going all the way to Krakow and coming back to Auschwitz. I am wondering if this is a good idea to get down at the Oswiecim station at 4:45 am in the morning and wait for the Auschwitz concentration camp to open for visitors. Does the station have a waiting area? Thank you!

2 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 6:29 AM
    • Kevin_Miller's Profile Photo

Latest night spots

Warsaw Nov 9, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Hey world, I'm in Warsaw on Friday 21st Nov and want to know the latest good night spots - clubs and bars. Ideally somewhere playing some r&b/hip-hop or chart commercial sounds. Somewhere people are not too serious and some nice ladies in the place. No house or techno required please.

Thanks in advance.

K Miller

1 Answer Nov 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • budget for a week in Poland( Krakow and Wroclaw)

Poland Oct 20, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Greetings, I am planning on visiting Poland in early to mid June. Naturally, I am trying to ascertain the cost of travel and for this reason, creating a budget. I don't plan on backpacking but don't plan on spending lavishly either. If I were to eat fast food( McDonald's) everyday twice, shop a bit ( zara, h&m), stay in a three star hotel( room will be shared with a friend), go to a club every night, how much money will be enough? My budget is around 430 pln including accommodation. Please advise

5 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 2:07 AM