Poland Travel Answers

change location
yvr's Profile Photo

Polrail

by yvr Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Any negatives about booking with Polrail?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: Polrail

by nob-in Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM

For which train do you need the ticket?
    Since many tickets can be easily purchased via official PKP website (http://intercity.pl/en), so you won't need to deal with intermediate agency like polrail or pay their commission (which is pretty high)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Polrail

by johngayton Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Or if you are starting in Poland you can buy your tickets at the local railway station. Use the PKP or Polrail sites to plan your journey and write down the train times and numbers. For most Polish train journeys you can get your tickets on the day (or the day before) from the station. In fact sometimes having an advance booking is detrimental as you could find yourself booked into a full carriage (except for your seat) whilst the rest of the train is pretty much empty - happened to me once and the rest of the carriage was occupied by the Polish weighlifting team.

• Poling's Profile Photo

by Poling Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I had the experience of getting two different tickets by buying them at Warzawa Central Railway station. I took a long time to check and get what I want (my request was a bit complicated) and the staff has been very helpful and patient.

• DennyP's Profile Photo

by DennyP Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I can only speak of my own experience in travelling by train through Poland on my "Around the World" by train journey and I booked my tickets at the local stations..as mentioned third parties have mark ups that is paid for time saving convenience ..I found service to be fine .very helpful with my requests ..no problems at all and all invoved very friendly..fine express trains..enjoy your travels...cheers Denny

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Krakow Prague mid April. Am looking at the train that departs at around 0620 with two changes, total travel 8 hours, price 2nd class around 245PLN

• Re: Polrail

by nob-in Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 4:40 AM

With Krakow to Prague journey it's a bit more complicated, sine you can't purchase such ticket via PKP website (at least as of now, although Polish rail company promised to introduce ticket sale for tickets from Poland to Czech Republic already a long ago). However Krakow to Prague trip during the day is not among those for which you actually need to buy ticket in advance, simply because trains aren't busy and anyway do not required seat reservation. So it is totally not a problem to deal with ticket question once you already in Poland
    Also it's seems kind of useless to pay the full fare for the journey during the day which requires train changes. If OK with making changes, then you can travel much cheaper - how it can be done is explained in passage about Krakow to Prague here - europetrainsguide.com/forum/...

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM

If I want a direct train with only one change then it would cost me 100PLN more and I certainly don't mind the 2 changes as trip does not take any longer than the train with 1 change. I may use Polrail and I may wait until I arrive in Krakow, it is important however that I am on the 0620 departure.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Poland Travel Answer Locations