Poland Travel Answers

change location
tracyskf's Profile Photo

No of days in Warsaw, Gdansk, Krakow

by tracyskf Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM

My intial plan is to spend 3 days 2night in Warsaw (with a day trip to Gdanks), then 4 days 4 nights in Krakow before departing to Berlin. I need some views if there is a lot to see in Gdansk and should I allocate 1 additional day for Gdansk?

We are flying in Warsaw - so what should be the logical sequence:
> Warsaw-Gdansk-Krakow-Berlin OR
> Warsaw-Krakow-Gdansk-Berlin?

Should we fly or take the train?

THANKS!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • belgradegirl's Profile Photo

Re: No of days in Warsaw, Gdansk, Krakow

by belgradegirl Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:54 AM

One day is quite enough for Gdansk- there is a beautiful city center and harbour, but nothing much more than that. I think that 4 days is too long for Krakow- two or three may be enough. On the other hand Warsaw offers a lot- I would stay for at least 5 days there if I were you. However it depends on what you want to see. You can have a look at my pages, as I have visited all the three cities or you can ask me about more details if you like. Have a good trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by belgradegirl Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

belgradegirl wrote:One day is quite enough for Gdansk- there is a beautiful city center and harbour, but nothing much more than that. I think that 4 days is too long for Krakow- two or three may be enough. On the other hand Warsaw offers a lot- I would stay for at least 5 days there if I were you. However it depends on what you want to see. You can have a look at my pages, as I have visited all the three cities or you can ask me about more details if you like. Have a good trip!

by belgradegirl Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I forgot to tell you that trains are a good option- they are reasonably comfortable and can take you both to Krakow and Gdansk. It seems that Warsaw-Krakow-Gdansk-Berlin would be a more logical option.

• evaanna's Profile Photo

by evaanna Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Yes, I think you should allocate another day for Gdansk - it's not possible to make it a day trip from Warsaw even if you decide to fly. And remember that Gdansk is an integral part of the Tricity, incorporating Gdansk, Sopot and Gdynia. There is a lot to see there. If you look at the map, you will notice that the most logical sequence of sightseeing would be either Gdansk-Warsaw-Krakow-Berlin or vice versa, i.e. Krakow-Warsaw-Gdansk-Berlin. However, if you must fly to Warsaw, then I suggest you travel the distance Krakow - Gdansk (or Gdansk - Krakow) by plane. IMO, 4 days for Krakow is not too much, esp. if you wanted to make a trip to Oswiecim (Auschwitz).

• adin's Profile Photo

by adin Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 6:36 AM

I have to agree with evaanna. See if you can start your journey from Krakow. The train from krakow to gdansk goes via warsaw and poznan anyway, no direct train and you shall spend a full day changing trains. (there is one from gdansk to berlin though..........). Train from krakow to warsaw goes all day long, less then 3 hours ride. if you first go to warsaw then to gdansk it will be the most sensible way of using time as a tourist.

3 days in tkrakow is barely enough (half a day for the salt mine in wieliczka), especially if you want to pay a visit to auschwitz and birkenau. When in Gdansk, pay a tribute and go to westerplatte, the real starting point of WW2. i really think that one should plan on 2 days (not including traveling to or departing from) for this place. you can also dedicate half a day and take a tour to malbork.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Poland Travel Answer Locations