Be the First to Answer

• travel by Van from Kathmandu to Pokhara

Nepal Dec 3, 2014 at 4:55 PM

What is the cost and travel duration

more
    • amandaa69's Profile Photo

Nar Phu Valley Trek

Nepal Nov 29, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I'm heading to Nepal in a couple of weeks and have planned to do a 25 day trek which includes Nar Phu Valley and Tilicho Lake. I have read some posts which say that the tea houses close at Nar & Phu during the Winter. Can anyone verify this? We would be in that area around Christmas. How can I get updates on the condition of the passes and monitor the weather / snow conditions before we arrive. Although we are bringing some camping equipment with us, I was of the understanding that we would be staying in tea houses from the trekking company.

Appreciate to hear from anyone who has trekked through the area in December / January.

Thanks
      A

more
    • Travelshoe's Profile Photo

What to do in Kathmandu, and best way to see everest

Kathmandu Dec 10, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Hi, will be in Kathmandu from the 16th to the 26th of January, plan to take a small trip to at least see Mount Everest. How fit do I need to be, to be able to do the Base Camp trekking? whats your best recommendation and how soon can I finish Base Camp trekking. Travelling solo...so anyone there at those dates?

more
    • 7days itenary for bachelors trip to Nepal

Nepal Nov 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Hi guys! we are having our bachelors trip in Nepal from 27th December 2014 to 3rd January 2015...

Please suggest which places can we cover.. we want to do bunjee jumping at last resort, canon swing, white water rafting... Also paragliding..

we dont want to do much of temples.. please suggest the best place to spend our new year's eve.. kathmandu or pokhra would be best??

thanks a lot!!

more
    • How many Gas canisters?

Mount Everest Dec 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Hi Everyone

I'm currently researching rubbish on mount Everest for a University project.
      One of the biggest contributors to the rubbish is gas canisters.

Out of experience how many canisters would an individual take up Everest with sufficient gas to cook all their meals?
      The same for base camp if anyone has any experience of the trip.

Would be great if anyone can help or if anyone can direct me to an answer elsewhere.

Thanks

more
    • Scooter hire

by Kegvientiane Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 10:03 PM

is it possible to rent a scooter with cash deposit instead of Passport? (US$500 in Cambodia)?

Any non rip off place regarding inflated costs of real or invented repairs?

1 Answer Oct 24, 2014 at 12:02 AM
    • Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp

by Fuangburi Online Now Sep 20, 2014 at 11:30 PM

We have 9 persons to trek Annapurna Base Camp on October 10-20, We need the deal with local guidance at Pokhara not tour agency. If anyone has email of local Napali guidance in Pokhara which his price lower than agency tour, so please give me his email.

Thank you very much and hope to help you too when you come to Thailand.

3 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    • prikje's Profile Photo

transport to KTM

by prikje Online Now Sep 15, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Looking for an alternative transport to ktm next to the typical bus.
      Anyone experience with mini-van or microbus.
      Do they arrive earlier in ktm.
      All info is appreciated!

best regards
      Patrick

6 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Pokhara sights

by Induc Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Hi
      We wish to visit some places in a day like, Begnas lake, Rupa taal, Devi,s fall, Gupteshwar Gufa, Mountain museum.
      Can it be done in a day. How much Taxi charges for one day trip.
      Or we should do these sights in Two days. What additional places to include. Can any body suggest a practical itenary for us

Induc

6 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • Meeting peoples

by de.sushil Online Now Jul 4, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I would like to meet some interesting peoples and foreigners, maybe become friends with them. Where should I go?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 3:05 AM
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Hotel Fishtail Villa

by Induc Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Hi,
      I was looking at Hotels in Pokhara. I find Fish Tail Lodge quite attractive. However a double room costs Approx INR 1000 per day and also another double delux room rated as INR 10,000

I am quite confused. Can any one clarify the difference in these two room types and why are prices so different. Is room of INR 1000 quite OK to book

How far is this Hotel from Airport

Induc

2 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 9:15 PM
    • hotel inqiry

by alkamehrotra Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 10:08 PM

In which range we get hotel

• Induc's Profile Photo

Taxi to Sarangkot

by Induc Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I am travelling with my husband in October 2014 to Pokhara. We wish to stay one night in Sarangkot.

1. Are there Taxis available from Airport to Sarangkot. What will be approx rate.
      2. Next day from Sarangkot to Lake side Taxi, what is approx rate.
      3. In Sarankot the taxi,s go direct upto Hotel or we have to carry luggage upto hotel, as this is hilly area.
      4. Suggestion on Clean Hotel at sarangkot.
      5. Are there any sites that can be seen while coming from Sarangkot to Lake side. ( Suggestions on the day itenary)

Induc

3 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    • vinod-bhojak's Profile Photo

Pokhara for two days

by vinod-bhojak Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I am going to visit Pokhara with my wife in few days We have only two days. what is best to see in two days and which area is good to stay. Please recommend me budget neat and clean hotel. I already went through VT pages and tips of pokhara but I need more information. thanks in advance

2 Answers May 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    • are there many mosquitoes near Lake Phewa in April in Nepal?

by dswaxman Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 1:05 AM

if so, are they malarial? are there less mosquitoes in the town or near the lake, as we are considering a hotel near the lake.
      thanks

6 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • mamtap's Profile Photo

For your information ( Hailstorm in Pokhara)

by mamtap Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM

There's hailstorm in Pokhara. Pic taken today in Pokhara. 

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • mamtap's Profile Photo

Anyone traveling to PKR in the first week of April 2014?

by mamtap Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hi fellow VTs..hope you all are doing well. Just wana let you know that I'll be traveling to Pokhara, Nepal in the first week of April this year. Inform me please so that we can meet in Pokhara and make this trip a memorable one too :)

Hugs & love,
      Mamta

4 Answers May 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    • knife3333's Profile Photo

KATHMANDU TO POKHARA FLIGHT

by knife3333 Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hello If we arrive at the Hyatt on a Friday will they be able to get us a flight to pokhara on sunday morning.

3 Answers May 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM

TICKETS FROM KATMANDU TO POKHARA

by knife3333 Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Hello Do I book my tickets in USA and pay for them when I get to Nepal? The hotel in Pokhara said they will book my tickets but I am hesitant to give out credit card info till I get there.

5 Answers May 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • What are road travel options from Pokhara to Kathmandu and how long do they take/cost?

by dswaxman Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

We are a family of 7 that will be traveling from Pokhara to Kathmandu in April - What are road travel options from Pokhara to Kathmandu (mini-buses, public buses, tourist buses, private minivan with driver? ) and how long do they take/how much is cost?
      Thanks, DW

4 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • JanardhanT's Profile Photo

taxi fare or auto rickshaw fare

by JanardhanT Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM

how much would it cost from pokhara airport to lakeside?

2 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    • TRAVELLING

by thesea1 Online Now Dec 13, 2013 at 3:23 AM

What is the fog & visibility situation in the rout of Sonouli to Pokhara in the month of January? Can we travel to pokhara by car??Is it safe?????

2 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • english speaking guide in pokhara

by bsungb Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hi, how to find an english speaking local guide in pokhara for the general business consulting purpose rather than tourism?

4 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Pokhara with walker

by knife3333 Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Hello my dream has been to see pokhara. we will be in pokhara april 2014 for 8 nights. I realize i wont be able to do much i want to see the mountains and have some fun.i made it to the Taj Mahal no problems from New York so i know i will arrive ok.i need to hire 2 strong guides to help me walk without walker so i can see POKHARA.. any advice ? i do many steps well with help thank you

11 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    • Fishing in Pokhara or Rupa /Begnas Tal

by mahtabhaider Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Hi folks. I'm in Pokhara for a couple of days and would love to try some fly fishing, maybe get lessons or figure it out from what i already know. Anyone have a contact or the name of an agency i can go to? Thanks!!

1 Answer Nov 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    • Tour guide or Tour company

by Mun81 Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 3:41 AM

We have 1 and 1/2 day in pokhara and would like to do most of the attractions. Can you please suggest a tour company or tour guide ?

3 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • ankita27's Profile Photo

how many days i need to visit pokhra

by ankita27 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

i am planning to visit pokhra in march 2014 with my friends .how many days i need to visit pokhra and how would be weather overthere ?

6 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • fichu's Profile Photo

trekking in Pokhara

by fichu Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 6:40 AM

i want to do a 4-day trekking in Pokhara.Is it okay to book a trek in just 1-2 day notice in Pokhara? or should i book in advance in Kathmandu?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    • Size of the minibus?

by azhar03buet Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Is there any kind of "family car" Llike "Avanza" other than big mini van or minibus to accommodate six persons? We six friends are coming to Kathmandu this October. We would like to hire a vehicle for us to to go to Pokhara from Kathmandu. Please help us giving suggestion.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • BUS TIMING FROM KATHMANDU TO POKHARA

by tahiritrvl Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I AM ARRIVING AT 1225 BY THAI AIRWAYS.CAN I GO DIRECTLY FROM AIRPORT TO POKHARA BY BUS

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 4:09 AM
    • ManojS18's Profile Photo

distance

by ManojS18 Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 5:43 AM

from gorakhpur

4 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 2:58 AM

pokhara in april

by knife3333 Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 1:04 PM

will it be hazy thank you

2 Answers Jun 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    • Trekking

by jay_lin Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

can anyone tell me if i am arriving pokhara airport around 4pm, and intend to trek the next day, should i start looking out for a guide when i arrive pokhara? what ways do i have from the airport to nayapul? is nayapul the place i should be going after i arrive in pokhara? is it possible to trek up to Poon hill without any guide? i read that people are suggesting not to stay in nayapul but walk to Birethanti and stay there instead.

im travelling this year in oct period, do you think its safe not to book any hotels and just upon arriving search for one? i am travelling with only 1 other person, we just need clean rooms and comfy beds.

sorry with all the questions as im so lost searching for plans and so.

9 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • Bus times

by alg49 Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

What time do busses start leaving out of Pokhara for the Sunauli Border Crossing?

3 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

atithi hotel and spa

by knife3333 Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM

HELLO anyone heard of this hotel? I can't find on this site. it looks nice on trip adviser thank you

1 Answer Jun 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM