Travel Answers
Pokhara

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• are there many mosquitoes near Lake Phewa in April in Nepal?

by dswaxman Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 1:05 AM

if so, are they malarial? are there less mosquitoes in the town or near the lake, as we are considering a hotel near the lake.
      thanks

6 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • mamtap's Profile Photo

For your information ( Hailstorm in Pokhara)

by mamtap Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM

There's hailstorm in Pokhara. Pic taken today in Pokhara. 

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • mamtap's Profile Photo

Anyone traveling to PKR in the first week of April 2014?

by mamtap Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hi fellow VTs..hope you all are doing well. Just wana let you know that I'll be traveling to Pokhara, Nepal in the first week of April this year. Inform me please so that we can meet in Pokhara and make this trip a memorable one too :)

Hugs & love,
      Mamta

4 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • knife3333's Profile Photo

KATHMANDU TO POKHARA FLIGHT

by knife3333 Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hello If we arrive at the Hyatt on a Friday will they be able to get us a flight to pokhara on sunday morning.

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 3:32 AM

TICKETS FROM KATMANDU TO POKHARA

by knife3333 Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Hello Do I book my tickets in USA and pay for them when I get to Nepal? The hotel in Pokhara said they will book my tickets but I am hesitant to give out credit card info till I get there.

4 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    • What are road travel options from Pokhara to Kathmandu and how long do they take/cost?

by dswaxman Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

We are a family of 7 that will be traveling from Pokhara to Kathmandu in April - What are road travel options from Pokhara to Kathmandu (mini-buses, public buses, tourist buses, private minivan with driver? ) and how long do they take/how much is cost?
      Thanks, DW

4 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • JanardhanT's Profile Photo

taxi fare or auto rickshaw fare

by JanardhanT Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM

how much would it cost from pokhara airport to lakeside?

2 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    • TRAVELLING

by thesea1 Online Now Dec 13, 2013 at 3:23 AM

What is the fog & visibility situation in the rout of Sonouli to Pokhara in the month of January? Can we travel to pokhara by car??Is it safe?????

2 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • english speaking guide in pokhara

by bsungb Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hi, how to find an english speaking local guide in pokhara for the general business consulting purpose rather than tourism?

4 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Pokhara with walker

by knife3333 Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Hello my dream has been to see pokhara. we will be in pokhara april 2014 for 8 nights. I realize i wont be able to do much i want to see the mountains and have some fun.i made it to the Taj Mahal no problems from New York so i know i will arrive ok.i need to hire 2 strong guides to help me walk without walker so i can see POKHARA.. any advice ? i do many steps well with help thank you

11 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    • Fishing in Pokhara or Rupa /Begnas Tal

by mahtabhaider Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Hi folks. I'm in Pokhara for a couple of days and would love to try some fly fishing, maybe get lessons or figure it out from what i already know. Anyone have a contact or the name of an agency i can go to? Thanks!!

1 Answer Nov 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    • Tour guide or Tour company

by Mun81 Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 3:41 AM

We have 1 and 1/2 day in pokhara and would like to do most of the attractions. Can you please suggest a tour company or tour guide ?

3 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • ankita27's Profile Photo

how many days i need to visit pokhra

by ankita27 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

i am planning to visit pokhra in march 2014 with my friends .how many days i need to visit pokhra and how would be weather overthere ?

6 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • fichu's Profile Photo

trekking in Pokhara

by fichu Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 6:40 AM

i want to do a 4-day trekking in Pokhara.Is it okay to book a trek in just 1-2 day notice in Pokhara? or should i book in advance in Kathmandu?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    • Size of the minibus?

by azhar03buet Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Is there any kind of "family car" Llike "Avanza" other than big mini van or minibus to accommodate six persons? We six friends are coming to Kathmandu this October. We would like to hire a vehicle for us to to go to Pokhara from Kathmandu. Please help us giving suggestion.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • BUS TIMING FROM KATHMANDU TO POKHARA

by tahiritrvl Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I AM ARRIVING AT 1225 BY THAI AIRWAYS.CAN I GO DIRECTLY FROM AIRPORT TO POKHARA BY BUS

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 4:09 AM
    • ManojS18's Profile Photo

distance

by ManojS18 Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 5:43 AM

from gorakhpur

4 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 2:58 AM

pokhara in april

by knife3333 Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 1:04 PM

will it be hazy thank you

2 Answers Jun 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    • Trekking

by jay_lin Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

can anyone tell me if i am arriving pokhara airport around 4pm, and intend to trek the next day, should i start looking out for a guide when i arrive pokhara? what ways do i have from the airport to nayapul? is nayapul the place i should be going after i arrive in pokhara? is it possible to trek up to Poon hill without any guide? i read that people are suggesting not to stay in nayapul but walk to Birethanti and stay there instead.

im travelling this year in oct period, do you think its safe not to book any hotels and just upon arriving search for one? i am travelling with only 1 other person, we just need clean rooms and comfy beds.

sorry with all the questions as im so lost searching for plans and so.

9 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • Bus times

by alg49 Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

What time do busses start leaving out of Pokhara for the Sunauli Border Crossing?

3 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

atithi hotel and spa

by knife3333 Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM

HELLO anyone heard of this hotel? I can't find on this site. it looks nice on trip adviser thank you

1 Answer Jun 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    • Can anyone help me to find a very quiet guesthouse

by kokikoki Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I need a very quiet guesthouse in Pokara for 2 adults and 3 yr old child, starting tomorrow night April 15 for a week or so till I find a house to rent. I had reservations at Fullmoon Guesthouse ( Zero for integrity! ) but they called a few days ago to say they are cancelled because they found someone to stay longer than us.

3 Answers Apr 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    • Off road motorbike in Pokhara ?

by NitramZtilad Online Now Apr 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Hi,
      We're in Pokhara and heading out west to do some trekking for a couple of weeks. When we get back I'm hoping to hire a motorbike to explore the local hills. There are plenty of places that hire out little city bikes, but I was hoping to hire something with a bit more suspension for two of us to enjoy the bumpy roads. Any suggestions ? It seems that Hearts and Tears Motorbike club has folded up, or at least temporarily closed down. Any other ideas ?
      Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
      Martin and Neri.

2 Answers Apr 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    • pokhara visit

by smiles200000 Online Now Mar 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

We are planning a visit to pokhara next week.
      kindly suggest some good B&B.

in sort can you pls tell me

will it be OK to plan to visit places on our own and places like sarankot.and what is cost effective ways to travel to places. or a guide is needed?

If a guide is needed can you suggest the person.
      I want a enjoyable trip in budget.

3 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • bradbeaman's Profile Photo

Travel to Pokhara from Kathmandu

by bradbeaman Online Now Nov 8, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Can anyone tell me the best way to travel to Pokhara from Kathmandu with a family of 4 in January staying in Pokhara for 4 days. Flight? Tourist bus? How would I book my travels ahead before reaching Nepal?

4 Answers Jan 16, 2012 at 2:38 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Preparing for the Poon Hill Trek

by Poling Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I will take the Poon Hill Trek next week and am preparing the stuff to be brought. I will take 5 days to finish the trek and hence it seems there are quite a lot to bring. I asked my guide and he said Down jacket and sleeping bag are required, especially for the early morning heading to Poon Hill for the sun rise. However, my friend just returned from Nepal told me she only put on a jacket (not a down jacket). Her warm pants were not used. (She is not sporty.)
      I think I should follow what my guide advised but wonder if two weeks makes so much a difference? (My guide cannot tell me the temperature there in late sept/early oct.)
      Anyone knows the climate and temperature for the trek? Whether it is cold at night in Ulleri/Ghorepani or just Poon Hill? I want to have some idea. Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 21, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Any recommendation for paragliding?

by Poling Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I have never done it before.
      For what should I pay attention while choosing a company or the type of paragliding?
      What is the normal price?
      Do I need to choose where in Pokhara for it? Thanks!

8 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 2:02 AM
    • Kushagra2205's Profile Photo

Short and simple doubts

by Kushagra2205 Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Hi. We are a couple aged 22, of indian resident, planning to visit nepal in last week of september. I have few doubts in my mind and wil be very grateful if some of the tourist or localite person clear it..
      1. How will be the climate and atmosphere at that point of time. What type of clothing will be suitable.?
      2. I have heard that we can use our indian currency without changing it into nepali currency. Is it so? If so, can i travel the whole length without having the need of converting my currency?
      3. What is the shortest way to come out from pokhra and reach india, without getting to travel to kathmandu? As it will be more time taking and a bit costlier also.
      4. Since we are a couple. So, a general question... Does the hotels or guest houses pose problems in providing a single room to a boy and a girl.? And will there be problem for us being only two in travelling?

9 Answers Jul 26, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    • Nepal in July

by megha.s Online Now Jul 2, 2011 at 1:05 AM

We are 2 couples visiting Nepal in last week of July. We plan to visit Pokhara, Lumbini, Chitwan National Park, Nagarkot and Dhulikel. I have some questions in mind, if anyone can help me out it will be great:

1) How is the current political situation in Nepal? Is it safe to visit?
      2) Is the weather good? Is there a chance of flooding or landslides in the circuit mentioned above?
      3) Are the roads (from Kathmandu to Pokhara) feasible to drive?

If there are any other tips you can give us, will be great. Look forward to hearing from you!

4 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    • Life style of pokhara

by bennejayaram Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 6:21 AM

How the people of pokhara staying.are they are peace and cool or any violence is going on presently.for 10 days I am planning to have a visit.is it right place regarding safety and security.what an=bout hospital facility, accomidation,power supply etc.,

2 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 3:38 AM