Poitiers Travel Answers

change location

Taxi Service

by GKPmueller Online Now Jul 24, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Are there taxi's available from Poitiers Train Station to Chateau St. Loup in St. Loup de Marie and from St. Loup back to Poitiers Train Station?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi Service

by cubsur Online Now Jul 25, 2010 at 1:41 AM

There are certainly taxis at Poitiers station but bear in mind it is about 54km to St Loup (about 1 hour drive) and it will cost you a great deal of money.

There are trains between Poitiers and the nearby town of Parthenay (about 16km distant) but these are very infrequent and I do not know if any taxi service operates in Parthenay.

Train times Poitiers to Parthenay here

telechargement.ter-sncf.com/...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Jul 25, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Sorry - these 'trains' are in fact buses operated by SNCF French Railways. The actual railway line is closed to passengers.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Jul 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM

When I first arrived in Poitiers, I needed a taxi for the first day until I car was ready to be picked up. It was about 70Eur for 45 minute ride to Châtellerault. There is a taxi stand right outside the station.

There are several rental car agencies in Poitiers. Some have their offices in the train station and other have their offices on the road outside. If you can drive yourself, it would be cost effective choice.

Even if St Loup does not have taxis, you should get the phone number of your driver on the first time and they will gladly come back and get you.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines