Poipu Travel Answers

change location
kiko456's Profile Photo

Kuhio Shores

by kiko456 Online Now Jul 18, 2004 at 1:21 PM

My family and I will be visiting Kauai next year for the first time. We are thinking about staying at Kuhio Shores. It appears to be a very nice place to stay and right on the water. Any past experiences would be appreciated! Mahalo

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Kuhio Shores

by travelgourmet Online Now Jul 18, 2004 at 1:48 PM

Aloha. Have not stayed at the Kuhio Shores, but I saw it's location while dining at The Beach House in Poipu. Poipu is located on the sunny side of Kaua'i, less rain, I find the Waimea Canyon, the spouting horn, barking dog beach, Old Kaloa Town, and Poipu beaches all great places within easy access. If you enjoy gourmet foods please dine at The Beach House in Poipu. website: www.the-beach-house.com Poipu also is less windy than other parts of the Island. see website: www.kauai-hawaii.com for ideas on what to do in Kaua'i. Aloha oe

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Re: Kuhio Shores

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Jul 18, 2004 at 10:08 PM

I was in the Sheraton at Poipu a couple hundred yards east a few months ago... 1) I second the recommendation for the Beach House. 2) For good, cheap food, try Pizzetta in Koloa, just a mile or two inland from your hotel. It's as good as any pizza on the mainland, and at mainland prices. 3) But for the absolute best food, try Bamboo Bamboo in Hanalai. 4) When in the water, watch for Portuguese man of war jellyfish. You may hear surfers calling out "Pochos! Pochos!" The smallest are little more in an inch in diameter and nearly invisible, and will ruin your day if you touch them. 5) If you snorkle, go to Kaa just north of Hanalai. But it's not too bad in Poipu either. ( just avoid Shipwreck beach ) 6) See Waimea Canyon. 7) Skip the Fern Grotto. It was trashed by a huricane in the 90's and has not regrown much. 8) When you rent a car in Lihue, rent from National. ( I'm rather tall and didn't fit comfortably in the compact that we rented, so I brought it back prepared to pay for an upgrade to mid-size. They upgraded us two levels to a full-size for free! )

• kiko456's Profile Photo

Kuhio Shores

by kiko456 Online Now Jul 19, 2004 at 5:48 PM

Mahalo for the great information. It is very much appreciated!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines