Plovdivska Oblast

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Campsites in Melnik Bulgaria

Melnik Apr 7, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Is there a campsite in or near Melnik and if so will it be open in May. Or is it safe to wild camp in a Campervan ? Thank you

more
    • train or bus from bucharest to burgas

Burgas Mar 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM

hi,
      i would like to know what is the best way to get burgas from bucharest? the dats is 23/4.
      thank you, alon

more
    • What to do on a summer vacation

Varna Yesterday

We are two 17 year old Girls who are going to visit Golden Sands and Varna in the summer. Do you have any recommandations for what we can do the two weeks we are staying there? We want to explore the city, shop and just have a good time :)

more
    • how to get to Sandanski from Sofia

Sandanski Apr 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM

How do i get to Sandanski by train or by bus on Sunday the 13th of April?? from Sofia.
      thank you.

Jacob Brock email: JACOBB@WBTAZ.NET

more
    • Cheap 3 night excursion to Istanbul from Varna

Varna Apr 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM

My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Varna on the 22 of June, 2014. We'd like to leave for Istanbul the following day and spend 3-5 nights there. What is a good website that lists possible excursions for that time frame? Is it worth it to book an excursion in advance or just do it in person once we're in Varna?

more
    • Big Trip istanbul -Bourgas and Borgas-sofia

Bulgaria Mar 24, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Hey Guys ,
      I am Having a conference in Sunny beach in april and i am getting very confused on my trip so any answers i would love them :)

The best Trip i might take so far is to reach istanbul then take a bus to bourgas which would take around 7 hours would that be Safe as in a road destination ? Secondly how i can Book this ticket ?

Also On My way back i want to go Bourgas-Sofia so from DBZ Website i saw the Train would take around 6 hours which is cool but my question is it better to travel at night (22:00 till 6 am ) and have a sleeping train or go in the morning at 5 am till 12 ? in terms of safety ? also in terms of punctuality are the trains usually late ?

I would really appreciate the help

more
    • Sunny beach in may worth it ?

Sunny Beach Apr 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I booked flights to bulgaria with the intention of going to sunny beach for a week starting thr 12th of may . Will there be enough people there to have a good time ?

more

Popular Plovdivska Oblast Travel Answer Locations

• bus services

Plovdivska Oblast Feb 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM

could anyone please tell me if there is a bus service from Plovdiv to koprivtshitsa,Thank you.

3 Answers Feb 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    • parking in Plovdiv

Plovdiv Aug 6, 2012 at 5:59 AM

Hi can anyone tell what it is like for parking in plovdiv,as I dont fancy a fine.Thanks

3 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 5:23 AM
    • Bus to Nis from Plovdiv

Plovdiv Aug 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Is it possible to get a bus direct from Plovdiv to Nis, even if it goes through Sophia? We were going to get the morning train but that has now been cancelled.

1 Answer Aug 15, 2012 at 4:09 AM
    • bus services

Plovdiv Jun 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Could anyone tell me if there are bus services from Plovdiv ( Rodopi Bus station) to Hrabrino and Rodopi Bus Station to Izvor.Thank You.

3 Answers Jun 22, 2012 at 4:31 AM
    • which hotel

Plovdiv May 17, 2012 at 1:23 PM

My wife & myself both Senior Citizens living in Scotland are hoping to visit Plovdiv for a week in September. We have a shortlist of 3 hotels.Boris Palace / Hotel Romantica / Belle Ville.I realise they are in different price ranges, but would be grateful for any opinions from fellow travellers.
      Also any other hotel recommendation.
      thanks.

5 Answers May 18, 2012 at 4:39 AM
    • rhodopi bus station schedules

Plovdiv May 14, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a Bus Service from Plovdiv to Chepelare ,if so any idea how long it takes and the approximate cost.

3 Answers May 17, 2012 at 6:26 AM
    • voxz's Profile Photo

Bus from Plovdiv to Veliko Tarnovo

Plovdiv Jan 31, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Hi there,

I will be heading to Veliko Tarnovo from Plovdiv via bus in May 2012 and I am having dfficulty trying to find the bus schedule. I prefer to leave Plovdiv for Veliko Tarnovo early in the morning.

1) Which bus station has the most buses with more frequency from Plovdiv to Veliko Tarnovo? Station Yug or Sever?

2) Is there a website I can search for bus schedule? I managed to find one
      avtogari.info/search_en.php?...; търново
      which states the bus will depart 8.30am from Bus Station North (Sever) and arrives at Veliko Tarnovo at 11.50am and run by Plovdiv - Ekspres - 2000 but this was last updated in 2009 so I am not sure if this is still valid.

Thank you in advance!

rgds

1 Answer Feb 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    • WhiteMughal's Profile Photo

Cabaret Show in Plovdiv

Plovdiv Sep 15, 2011 at 11:27 PM

In 2007, my wife and I were on a tour. We stayed a couple of days in Plovdiv. It was the most natural place for me to enjoy of everything we saw in Bulgaria. But I can't forget one VERY rainy night when we got on a bus to go out as a group for dinner. We went to a place whose name included Happy. The place had tables lined up in rows. We sort of distributed our members at one or two of these extended tables. We ordered. And while we waited and ate, artists put on a show that I would call "cabaret" though I don't know if that is the right term. It was pretty entertaining, and the only American experience I can compare to it is the dinner theaters where I live. The picture posted here of Happy Bar and Grill seems to look like the entrance of the place we visited, but it says it is a "chain restaurant". Really? That wouldn't have been my guess. Anyone ever seen the kind of review I'm describing at Happy Bar and Grill or any place in Plovdiv? We heard a couple of students from the art institute in the Old City performing in Minnesota where we live. They didn't recognize the name I gave at all.

6 Answers Sep 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    • Plovdiv - Sofia by bus

Plovdiv Aug 30, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I intend visiting Plovdiv early next week and would be staying there for a week. I am staying at the Leipzig Hotel situated at 70 Russki Blvd. During my stay I intend visiting Sofia, and wish to enquire from where I should take the bus as well as the time schedule from Plovdiv to Sofia and back. Can you buy a return ticket for both ways?

I have read on some reviews that you buy tickets from the bus station but the destinations are written in Bulgarian. How would I know that I am boarding the right bus and buying the ticket from the right booth?

Is my hotel far from the Old part of Plovdiv or is it at walking distance?

Thanks in advance.

Lawrence

3 Answers Sep 1, 2011 at 1:06 AM
    • Buses Plovdiv to Blagoevgrad

Plovdiv Aug 17, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Can anyone confirm that there is a bus that runs from Plovdiv to Blagoevgrad on Sunday morning's? I am hoping to get to Rila Monastery. I have seen on the bus websites that there is one that leaves at 07:30 but it doesn't say which days so I presume that it is daily. Can someone confirm that this is the case?
      Many thanks.

2 Answers Aug 18, 2011 at 4:55 AM
    • Cost of Train Tickets from Plovdiv to Burgas for two people

Plovdiv May 27, 2010 at 10:10 PM

We staying in Plovdiv and would like to travel to Burgas for two nights
      arriving at the Aqua Hotel in Burgas on 06-06-2010 and staying for two nights then returning to Plovdiv on 08-06-2010

How much will the train tickets costs and what is the time schedule?

Thank You, Christine Christensen

3 Answers May 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    • Bedclothing for appartment

Plovdiv Jan 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Please help. My family and I, 5 people travelling to Pampovoro 30/1/10 but no duvets or sheets in appartment.
      Do not want to bring duvets on flight but will not have time for shopping in Plovdiv.
      Am wondering if a supplier could leave the bedclothes for collection at Plovdiv airport for me to collect on arrival there. I can pay on receiving the package or through Paypal.
      Thank you,
      Maria

4 Answers Jan 10, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    • 2-day trip in Plovdiv

Plovdiv Jun 21, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Hello, we will soon visit Plovdiv and stay for about 2 days, then heading to Veliko Tarnovo, we have the following questions:

1) is it possible to visit Bachkovo Monatery and Dryanoro Monastery in the same day
      2) how to get to Eastern Rhodopes? Any guided day trip for that?

3) bus schedule running from Plovdiv to Veliko Tranovo.

Thank you very much.

2 Answers Jun 21, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    • BuckeyeTim's Profile Photo

Bus travel to Istanbul

Plovdiv May 26, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I will be traveling from Plovdiv to Istanbul. Is the southern bus station where I would catch the bus to Istanbul? Any information on its location would be helpful.

3 Answers Jul 1, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    • From Thessaloniki...

Plovdiv Jan 7, 2009 at 1:02 PM

...r there trains that go directly to Plovdiv?
      Or do i have to go to Sofia? Thanks!

P.S How much would it cost?

3 Answers Jan 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM
    • Varna trip and money to use

Plovdiv Aug 2, 2008 at 2:48 AM

Hi,
      Me & my wife will be visting plovdiv and when we are there we would also consider visting Varna. Can any one help us out and tell us wich is the best and cheaper way to travel to Varna ( + time of trip) and what money best to use while we are on our holiday. Can we use the euro or best to use the bulgarian money.
      regards

8 Answers Aug 3, 2008 at 9:36 AM
    • Greece

Plovdiv Jul 28, 2008 at 4:54 AM

I would like to travel to the nearest Greece City or village from plovdiv, is it possible by bus? and if yes how much it will cost.

thank you in advance

3 Answers Jul 30, 2008 at 10:18 AM
    • night life

Plovdiv Jul 27, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Hi, me and my wife will be visiting PLOVDIV in september and we would like to know which is the best part for restaurant and night clubs.
      Thank you in advance

1 Answer Jul 29, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Museum at Plovdiv airport...

Plovdiv Feb 6, 2008 at 6:47 AM

Hello all
      I've heard this airport is closed most of the year and only open during the skiing season and that it is a military airport most of the year. Is this true?
      I heard there is a very good aviation museum attached to the airport. Does anyone have any pics or links to this museum?
      I'm keen on visiting the museum but it's a real problem trying to get from Dublin to Plovdiv without stopovers.
      Does anyone have any good ideas how to get from Dublin to Plovdiv. I've searched the website of a company called Flightime which seems to fly from Dublin to Plovidv and back but i can't make any headway with their website. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

DG

6 Answers Feb 17, 2008 at 11:09 PM
    • weekend in Plovdiv

Plovdiv Dec 27, 2007 at 11:06 AM

In september 08 we (8 men, age mid 30) are visiting Plovdiv for a weekend.
      We like to go out, but we dont want to be among kids. What can you recommend us? In this weekend we also want to see something of the city and its surroundings. Do you know a good guide who offer a full-day excursion?

Thanx! Paul

1 Answer Dec 27, 2007 at 6:25 PM
    • Travel

Plovdiv Oct 30, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Are there buses from Tessaloniki to Plovdiv and how much is the ticket?

2 Answers Oct 31, 2007 at 6:26 AM
    • mikeisfish's Profile Photo

Excursion Groups

Plovdiv Oct 29, 2007 at 7:04 AM

I'm wondering if there are any reputable excursion companies in/around plovdiv that offer day trips for larger groups (broad age range) at competitive prices? I'll be there next October and our Hotel in Hissarya seems to be offering us great rates but I want more options. Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 17, 2007 at 12:13 PM
    • Venue for Birthday party

Plovdiv Aug 30, 2007 at 6:05 AM

Hello

I am searching for a good place (hotel or restaurant) to have a 40th birthday party in. There will be about 40 people attending(from Uk, France, Germany and BG).
      Can anyone suggest a good elegenant 1st class place in Plovdiv? Preferably with live music etc.

Thank you

1 Answer Sep 12, 2007 at 9:00 AM
    • Help, need room in Plovdiv

Plovdivska Oblast Aug 24, 2007 at 8:45 PM

My son and I are traveling to Bulgaria in late September. We are seeking a double room in Plovdiv, but unfortunately we are finding out that this is exactly when the International Fair is being held in the city. This is making it impossible for us to book a room. My son is a Russian language student and wants to visit Plovdiv in search of possible work as an English language teacher.

Can anyone help us? We can be flexible with the dates, but it should be for two days between 24 Sept and 30 Sept. due to plane reservations. We would be happy to stay with a family, or to rent an apartment. We are quiet and considerate, non-smoking guests. I hope you have a spot for us. We would love to visit your beautiful city.

1 Answer Aug 25, 2007 at 7:01 AM
    • train travel

Plovdiv Aug 4, 2007 at 5:02 PM

Is there train travel between Edirne turkey and Plovdiv. Are tickets purchased at the train station and is there a plae to see the schedule?

1 Answer Aug 13, 2007 at 1:11 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Contact email for PBI hostel anyone?

Plovdiv Aug 4, 2007 at 5:49 AM

Hello all.
      I stayed in this hostel last month and i'm trying to contact them. Does anyone know if they have an email by which they can reached?
      I did manage to find the following address on the net info@pbihostel.com but it is invalid.
      It was hard enough to even get in contact with a staff member when i stayed here so its hardly surprising that they are difficult to get in touch with on the net!

Regards to all and thanks in advance for your help

Douglas

5 Answers Sep 15, 2007 at 4:16 AM
    • Hiking

Plovdiv Jun 30, 2007 at 2:35 AM

Any one knows a nice place for easy hiking and also accessible by public transportation.
      Must be close to Plovdiv or V.tarnavo that I planed to visit.
      Thank you

4 Answers Jul 2, 2007 at 9:59 PM
    • Accomodation in Plovdiv

Plovdiv Jun 23, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Any one knows budget hotel or histeles in Plovdiv?

3 Answers Jun 26, 2007 at 10:14 PM
    • Luggage storage in Plovdiv?

Plovdiv Jun 3, 2007 at 9:48 PM

Hi,

I'll spend one day in Plovdiv and take the overnight bus to Istanbul. Is there a place at the bus station (or somewhere in the city) where I can lock up my backpack for the day? I wouldn't want to carry it around the whole day.

Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 4, 2007 at 2:20 AM
    • Georgi Dimitrov Genchev web site

Plovdiv Apr 11, 2007 at 2:28 AM

Hello,

The URL of the Plovdiv famous potter Georgi Dimitrov Genchev's web site, known to date as , does not work any longer.
      Has it been moved to another address?

RegaƩrds

Francois Mennerat