Plovdivska Oblast Travel Answers

change location

bus services

by drumheller Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM

could anyone please tell me if there is a bus service from Plovdiv to koprivtshitsa,Thank you.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: bus services

by johngayton Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM

The best transliteration is Koprivshtitsa. I'm not getting any result from http://www.bgrazpisanie.com/en/ and so maybe its spelt different on their database.

Koprivshtitsa however is closer to Sofia than it is to Plovdiv and so there may be buses from there - however avotgaricentraalna fails to come up with a result either.

There's some info here but I haven't checked it out yet - eng.koprivshtitza.com/news/k...

As you'll note there's a new bus service from Sofia, according to the site, but that may no longer be running.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I've just had a look using Cyrillic (which I have to cut and paste since my keyboard's not) I find that from Sofiia buses to Koprivshtitsa are scheduled to run every two hours from 08.00 until 18.00 with a journey time of 2 hours 30 mins. But the info column just says "BG Schedule" under "Bus Company" and so the bus may not in fact be running.

No result from Plovdiv though. However Plovdiv and Sofia are well-connected by bus and train.

That's as good as it gets for that one unless a local who has done the trip recently has on-the-ground info.

• mirchica's Profile Photo

by mirchica Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Hi, I have a tip about it:

"Buses from and to Plovdiv" - Koprivshtitsa Transportation Tip by mirchica

But to be sure better call at the North Station: 0359 32 953 011

Here is again their timetable in cyrilic:
    2.bp.blogspot.com/_2EgBCojSS... - on the right, the second from the top