Plovdiv Travel Answers

change location
voxz's Profile Photo

Bus from Plovdiv to Veliko Tarnovo

by voxz Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Hi there,

I will be heading to Veliko Tarnovo from Plovdiv via bus in May 2012 and I am having dfficulty trying to find the bus schedule. I prefer to leave Plovdiv for Veliko Tarnovo early in the morning.

1) Which bus station has the most buses with more frequency from Plovdiv to Veliko Tarnovo? Station Yug or Sever?

2) Is there a website I can search for bus schedule? I managed to find one
avtogari.info/search_en.php?...; търново
which states the bus will depart 8.30am from Bus Station North (Sever) and arrives at Veliko Tarnovo at 11.50am and run by Plovdiv - Ekspres - 2000 but this was last updated in 2009 so I am not sure if this is still valid.

Thank you in advance!

rgds

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from Plovdiv to Veliko Tarnovo

by johngayton Online Now Feb 1, 2012 at 12:04 AM

The problem with Bulgarian bus schedules is that they change all the time and so you need to get up-to-date information closer to the time. When I made the trip Plovdiv to Veliko a couple of years ago I simply asked my hotel reception to find out the times.

I think the bus I got left from Plovdiv's Sever about 1300 and arrived VT Yug about 1700 and was run by Hebros. Unfortunately the timetables link seems not to be working at the moment on www.hebrosbus.com

There's no problems buying tickets on the day from the ticket office at Plovdiv's Sever and the bus station itself is easy to use. At VT the Yug station is a couple of miles out of town and so you'll probably need a taxi - I never did work out the local bus services.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Plovdiv