Plovdiv Travel Answers

change location
ellielou's Profile Photo

is a day enough?

by ellielou Online Now Aug 13, 2006 at 4:22 PM

This city looks so interesting!

The tentative plans have us arriving duing the afternoon, and staying over one night, and then moving on. (How long I'm actually there depends on the bus schedule!) But, assuming it's about a day, should I plan for more time in Plovdiv?

Thanks for any guidance!

best, Ellen

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • delcity's Profile Photo

RE: is a day enough?

by delcity Online Now Aug 14, 2006 at 4:06 PM

you can check at ( www.mybulgaria.info ) i did not hear of a great deal to do there. there use to be a thing like a manufacturers outlet mall where you could pick up some good bargains . you may want to check on that.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: is a day enough?

by JanBoeykens Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 5:40 AM

If you are only interested in the historical buildings in the city center, 1 days sure seems enough to me (except if you want to visit all museums). Some pictures you can see on historvista.com/ptl3/pBG4000... (OK, I went there twice, but that's mainly because the second time some family also wanted to see). I didn't sleep there (first time I came from Batak, second time I came from Izvorishte near Burgas)

Shopping may be worth an additional day.

Plovidiv is also surrounding by other interesting places. In order to visit those, staying in Plovidv seems a good option as Plovdiv lies quite centrally and is easy to reach. Draw-back is that during summer time it can be quite hot in Plovdiv, whereas the mountains are cooler.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Plovdiv