Travel Answers
Plitvicka Jezera National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Public transportion from Split to Plitvicka Jezera National Park?

by pippas Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Is there any Public transportion from Split to the National Park. Google maps did't show anything.

more
    • Driving to plitvice lakes at night

by s3phiria Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Hi all, I'm visiting Croatia at the end of May. My flight reaches zadar airport at 830pm at night and I plan to visit plitvice lakes the following day. May I know if it is safe/advisable to drive up there at night, or better to stay in zadar for the night before heading there the next morning? How is the road condition/lighting and weather now? If I remember correctly last year it still snowed in April. Thanks!

more
    • Driving to plitvice lakes at night

by s3phiria Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Hi all, I'm visiting Croatia at the end of May. My flight reaches zadar airport at 830pm at night and I plan to visit plitvice lakes the following day. May I know if it is safe/advisable to drive up there at night, or better to stay in zadar for the night before heading there the next morning? How is the road condition/lighting and weather now? If I remember correctly last year it still snowed in April. Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 1:38 AM
    • Public transportion from Split to Plitvicka Jezera National Park?

by pippas Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Is there any Public transportion from Split to the National Park. Google maps did't show anything.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • car hire at lakes

by ReneCoetzee Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Is it possible to hire a car at plitvice?

5 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    • WongK21's Profile Photo

How to rent a car with driver to the park

by WongK21 Online Now Dec 10, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Hi , I wl visit this park in Dec 20 with my family , I heard that , bus return to Zagreb alway full ,
      so , where can hire a car with the driver in one days,
      anyone can give me an advice ?

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    • camilakey's Profile Photo

Hvar or Plitvice National Park?

by camilakey Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Hey guys!

I would like some help on deciding if I should go to Plitvice for a day or stay a day more in Hvar. If I decide to spend a day in Plitvice, I will have two days and a half in Hvar (some say it is not enough). What would you recommend??

Thanks so much!

7 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • bus from Plitvice to Zadar

by mandy2111 Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Hi, I will be travelling on my own from Australia to Croatia so would like to ensure I have the correct bus timetables. I fly into Zagreb on 17th August and plan to get the late afternoon bus to plitvicka jezera on the 19th and stay the night at the Bellevue Hotel. On the 20th Aug I will spend the day in the park and would like to get the bus to Zadar in the late afternoon/early evening. Can you please let me know if the 17.23 bus will be running on this day and if I can rely on the bus for my transport to Zadar.

M alternative is to spend a 2nd night there and then get the morning bus to Split - which means missing Zadar - any recommendations???

Many thanks

2 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • Visiting the Park with a baby stroller?

by Urbanomad Online Now May 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Hi,

is it possible to visit the park with a baby stroller? I've seen some pictures and it seems the walkways are all of plaques of wood without safety nets....

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

3 Answers May 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Zagreb - Plitvice - Split by Bus

by rbdoshi Online Now May 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

HI,

There are several comments on the subject but I am still confused so troubling you all once again. Wanted to make a pit stop at Plitvice on my way from Zagreb to Split by bus.

1. Is it advisable or do I run the risk of not finding bus from plitvice for Split?
      2. Will the bus drop me all the way to Plitvice? If not, how do I reach from where bus drops me?
      3. Which entrance should I use? (I believe there are 2 entrances)
      4. Is there any provision to keep my luggage safely while roaming in the park?

Any other advice or thing I should consider? I would be traveling there in September.

Thanks in advance!!

13 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Bus to Jajce Bihac

by hsiuchin Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Hello, I am going to Plitvicka Jezara next week. I want to visit Jajce after that, is there a bus going from Plitvicka to Jajce or Bihac? I think I have to catch a bus to Bihac and then catch another bus to Jajce. Does anyone know where to find the bus schedule? Thanks!

10 Answers May 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • Bus or Car???

by drabs Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Croatia for mid September. I plan on travelling from Split to Plitvice and then on to Zagreb, although if anyone thinks its better to do it the other way around, let me know!

I was wondering what the best way of travelling round might be. I think it would be good to rent a car (more freedom) but as far as I can see this is alot more expensive than catching buses.

I'd love to hear your ideas and any experiences you've had with this sort of trip.

Thanks

9 Answers Sep 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    • better road or path

by sarit120 Online Now Jul 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Hi,
      I am looking to visit the park next week. I am on a weelchair. please let me know what path shell I go. thanks a lot. Sarit

1 Answer Jul 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    • Best option to get from Plitvice to Belgrade without a car?

by piwas Online Now Jul 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I will have plane departure from Belgrade at 07:00 in the morning 17.08. and interested in spending as much time as possible at Plitvice on 16.08. So which would be the best transport option for me?
      I found just one direct bus from Zadar but it have too early departure from Plitvice at 10:00. Evening train from Zagreb seems don't give as much Plitvice time to win as money to spend. Night bus from Zagreb turns better but it arrived to Belgrade at 04:00 that looks too risky of missing the plane in case of possible delay...
      Any other options?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    • ginahardin's Profile Photo

Accommodations in Plitvice area in August

by ginahardin Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I know I'm going to Croatia at the most crowded time of year - do I need reservations in advance to find a decent sobe or accommodation within 10km of the park entrance? Where is the most fun area to stay if I have a car? Is there an advantage to stay in the park? And how about trogir near Split, do I need a advance reservations there?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    • mayasmin's Profile Photo

Getting to the Park from the town

by mayasmin Online Now May 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Unfortunately, all the 4 hotels near the Plitvice Lake Park are full for the days that we are hoping to visit. If we decide to stay in one of the guest houses in the town of Plitvicka Jezera (not necessarily by the park), how do you get to the park from the town without a car? Or is a car necessary? We were hoping to travel from Zagreb, stay a couple of nights in Plitvice, then proceed to Split, all via buses, but is it better to just do Plitvice as a day trip from Zagreb, stay in Zagreb, and travel to Split from Zagreb? We really are hoping not to rent a car.

Thanks.

3 Answers May 29, 2012 at 1:46 AM
    • anitayusof's Profile Photo

BUS FARES & PLITVICE LAKE ACCOMODATION

by anitayusof Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Hello,
      I will be visiting Croatia in December (dont ask me why I come in December ....LOL...). My questions :
      1. Anyone done these routes by bus recently, plz tell me the fare: Split - Plitvice Lake; Plitvice Lake - Zagreb; Zagreb - Vienna. I hv checked this website autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/te... but can only find timetables, not the fare.
      2. Any preferance seating on the bus, right side or left side for better views?
      3. The Plitvice Lake National Park official website said that only entrance 1 open from November till March. So, if I take this local bus, will this bus pass or can I get down at entrance 1?
      4. I have surfed the accomodations at Plitvice Lake and seems that most of them are situated near entrance 2 or Mukinje. The only one that is close enough to entrance 1 is B & B Krizmanic, which is too expensive for me and it's fully booked at the time of my arrival. Another option is staying at Zafran GH, but this place is 6kms away fr entrance 1. Since I'm coming by bus and I'm having my heavy backpack with me, I dont think I can walk that far. Can anyone reccomend me if there is any other accomodation nearer to entrance 1 (which may not advertised in the internet) and not too expensive....or if I can continue to Zagreb by night bus...Advices plz....

Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    • ky1220's Profile Photo

Transport

by ky1220 Online Now Aug 12, 2009 at 4:40 AM

Hi, I will plan to go Plitvicka Lake from Zagreb. Is it easy to catch the return
      bus form there on Sep? As I check from internet most of the "sobe" locate at
      ulaz "1", is it the main stop for every bus? I will plan to stay one night
      there...

1 Answer Jun 27, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    • Cool-123's Profile Photo

Transportation

by Cool-123 Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Hi hi,

Is it possible to take the bus from Zadar to the Plitvicka Jezera National Park for a day trip and then take the bus from there to Split??

Thanks

Edith

2 Answers Jun 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    • traveling from dubrovnik to Plitvicka

by rosaspurv Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 3:48 AM

Hi!

Im going to dubrovnik for about a week in july. i would really want to visit the Plitvicka Jezera National Park, but im not sure how thats gonna work. does anyone know how long a bustrip like that will take, and can I get to plitvicka with bus from dubrovnik?

Hope anyone have an answer:-)

Emily

2 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    • Nix1's Profile Photo

Hotels and travelling with a toddler

by Nix1 Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Hi All,

I'm so excited to be planning my first Croatian trip, we're landing in Zagreb and driving all the way down to Dubrovnik with loads of little stops along the way.

Can you recommend a hotel in the Plitvice area which is reasonably/cheaply priced that is great value for money, and also suitable for toddlers? We'll probably need a slightly larger room, but still want to be close to the sites and sounds of the area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
      Nicola

2 Answers Jul 31, 2008 at 7:06 AM
    • Bada-Ran's Profile Photo

Plaski- Plitvice?? possible?

by Bada-Ran Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Hi you all! I'm leaving to croatia with interrail pass. I've seen there is a train stop in Plaski, and it seems to be on the road to Plitvice lakes NP. Does anybody know whether it is possible to take a bus from Plaski to the lakes and back? the intention is to take the train again in Plaski to go to Slovenia. If it is not possible, what is the best train station to get off and catch a bus?

thanks!

3 Answers Jul 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM
    • going to Plitvice Park from Zadar

by tintinaa Online Now Jul 13, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to visit Croatia by first stopping at Zagreb and then continue my journey to the southern part. I learned that all buses from Zagreb to Zadar stop at Plitvice, but is it possible to visit Plitvice park for the day on the way to Zadar. I heard that full buses will not pick up passengers, so what if I can't get on the bus all the way to Zadar? or is it better to sleep in the park?

and I heard that there are 2 entrances, Ulaz jedan and Ulaz Dva.I wanna skip the St.4 route and visit St.3->St.2->St.1 (lower lake,which entrance you will recommend me to get in the park? And when I return, which stop is more easily for me to get on a bus to Zadar?

I have to totally rely on public transportation because my wallet as well as the driving license has been stolen...poor me..

Any responses would be grateful!

Thanks!

Tina from Paris

4 Answers Jul 14, 2008 at 5:09 PM
    • AyurinHiro's Profile Photo

August 10(Sunday) or 11(Monday) Plitvice VT Meeting :-)

by AyurinHiro Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Hi!

I and my husband Hiro and my mother Takako will be in Plitvice from August 10(Sunday) till August 11th(Monday).

We would love to meet locals or travellers there :-)
      Why don't you meet up and chat over dinner (or lunch or a cup of coffee) together?

Our schedule
      August 10th Sunday afternoon, we will arrive at Plitvice (from Zagreb)
      August 11th Monday afternoon, we will leave Plitvice for Zagreb

So, how about eating dinner on August 10th(Sunday)?

We are really looking forward to hearing from you!
      Ayurin

• Pula Or Split to Plitvice lakes

by Ottawatriptaker Online Now May 19, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Hi there
      We are 2 Canadian families travelling through Croatia in July. We are wondering how far it would be to travel from Split (actually we are staying in Pisak for one week) to Plitvice lakes. We were thinking of travelling early in the morning seeing the lakes and then returning to Pisak. Is that too far for a day trip? We are then thinking about travelling up to Pula for 3 days and then ferry to Venice where we are flying out. We are travelling 4 adults and 6 kids. Can you also tell me where we should travel to while in Split and then Pula? We wanted to stay one night in Plitvice but it looks like we will be need to stay a minimum of 3 nights in Pula. It is hard to find places to stay because of how many we are. Please help us plan a terrific holiday in Croatia!!!

Thank you,

4 Answers May 31, 2008 at 10:45 PM
    • Planning a trip from Pula to Plitvice in June via rental car

by Kins2001 Online Now May 19, 2008 at 5:46 PM

HI,

I am planning on going from Pula to Plitvice (where we are staying for a few days) in the beginning of June. We want to rent a car so we can be more flexible and being able to see more sites along the way. My question is what is the best way to get from Pula to Plitvice? Also, how long would the journey take? What are some of your favorite stops along the way that I must see? Any help with this would be much appreciated. I am having some trouble tracking down maps online.

++ we are also traveling from Plitvice to Spilt via rental car, any help with that would also be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2 Answers May 20, 2008 at 1:50 PM
    • Zagreb to Plitvice

by nicola1981 Online Now May 1, 2008 at 5:57 AM

Three of us are visiting Zagreb in late June, we would like to take a day trip to Plitvice. Is it possible to book tickets for this in advance?

1 Answer May 1, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    • zadar airport to plitvicka lakes by car where to stay

by redsetter Online Now Apr 17, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Hi we will be arriving in zagrab about 8.30pm. We will rent a car. We want to spend the following day in Plitivicka NP. Where would be a good place to spend the night? many thanks.

1 Answer Apr 17, 2008 at 10:16 PM
    • a day at the park

by steveweissdds Online Now Apr 5, 2008 at 2:48 AM

we are planning a short stay in croatia and wonder if one day the park is adequate to enjoy the waterfalls terraces etc---what would be the best way to spend the day and are there any b/bs nearby for an overnight stay --in mid may do i need to reserve in advance thanks----how long would a drive by car take from zagreb

2 Answers Apr 5, 2008 at 11:25 PM
    • need help!

by bluedemon11 Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 3:03 PM

My wife and I will be traveling in Croatia in 10 days! We were wondering if it is possible to get from Zagreb to Plitvice National Park (we are staying at the Hotel Jezero) and then from Plitvice National Park to Split by bus. We really do not want to rent a car. Any help is much appreciated! Hvala!

8 Answers Mar 13, 2008 at 4:03 PM
    • accommodation question

by weihere Online Now Sep 1, 2007 at 9:56 AM

hi there!
      I will travel alone to Plitvicka Jezera National Park earlier next month by using public transportation. I'd like to spend as less money for accommodation as possible, and I just found a webiste where provides cheap pricehttp://www.adriagate.com/en/authentic-croatia-plitvice-house/CE-5424-1-S3.aspx#. I was wonder if it possible to find a place nearby around 15 euro there(drom bed is fine)?

thank you so much

1 Answer Sep 1, 2007 at 10:45 PM
    • Split-Paklenica-Plitvice-Rovinj

by tropicaltraveller Online Now Aug 6, 2007 at 2:52 AM

My husband and I are hoping to this in the space of 4 days, departing Split on Sunday and arriving in Rovinj on Wednesday,(short, I know) in September. We could rent a car as a last resort but would prefer buses/trains/local public transport. We would be grateful for any tips on routes and bus companies-especially the Paklenica-Plitvice and Plitvice-Rovinj sections.
      Sounds like a wonderful country and can't wait to visit. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Aug 26, 2007 at 11:32 AM