Plitvicka Jezera National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transport on Cres Island

Cres Jul 17, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is a taxi or a bus service on the Island of Cres please. I want to travel from Porozina Ferry Port to Merag Ferry Port and do not want to hire a car, walk or cycle!!

Many thanks.

more
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

closed on any day?

by rbdoshi Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Hi all,

Just wanted to double check if Plitvicka park is closed for tourists on any day of the week. I am most likely planning to visit on Sep 10th which is a Wednesday.

Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    • Are hiking boots necessary?

by deeryk Online Now May 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I'm trying to pack light for a 10 day trip to Croatia, which will cover a range of environments (beach/city/ parks). A trip to Plitvicka Jazera is high on the list and I'm wondering if it's worth it to bring my heavy hiking boots, or if I can get by with good walking shoes or runners. Will I be limited in park activities if I skip the heavy boots?

6 Answers May 30, 2014 at 7:58 AM
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Recommendations of Places to Stay with a Baby

by giampiero6 Online Now May 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Hello Friends. As some of you may know, I have a 5 month old baby girl who is becoming quite the intrepid traveler. In late June, we will be visiting some friends and traveling by car to Plitvice where we will stay for a night or two. Can someone recommend a good place to stay that will be relatively convenient with a little baby? I'm an avid hiker, but with the baby we'll be less ambitious.

Thanks a million in advance!

6 Answers May 27, 2014 at 12:03 AM
    • scuyler's Profile Photo

Trail/Entrance assistance - Plitvicka

by scuyler Online Now May 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hi,
      Would greatly appreciate any thoughts you have on this. We will be staying for one night, one day in the Plitvica Selo area so we'll be very close to Entrance #3. One of our group is a mobile 80 year old. While my initial thought was to do the shortest trail, A, does it make sense to start out (we'll have a car) at Entrance 3 and then move the car to one of the other entrances? I don't think she will do well with any steep trails (either going up or down). Thanks in advance.

5 Answers May 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • Best top view of the lakes and routes?

by Jewel123 Online Now May 20, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Hi,

Please can you advise if there are any walking routes within the park that provide the best top views of the lakes as we see in most googled pics of PLITVICE(of the cascade falls). The routes that i have seen on the park website shows only the routes at the same level.

Also since we are arriving at around mid day into the park in July can you please advise which entrance is best to use keeping the heat in mind so that we get the shady route for the afternoon and can walk in the open in the evening. We will be halting in Plitvice for the night, so we have 6-7 hours to cover the park. We are energetic and dont mind the uphill treks but its more practical i guess to walk uphill when its cooler in the day.

Please advise.

7 Answers May 25, 2014 at 3:02 AM
    • Are Plitvice Lakes flooded?

by SunnySydney Online Now May 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Hello again,

We were planning on visiting the Plitvice Lakes on a drive down from Zagreb on the way to Split on the 20th of May. I have seem some recent photos that shows the park quite flooded? Is this the case? Is it not worth visiting? Also will floods effect any where else on our drive from Zagreb - Plitvice - Split - Dubrovnik? I've heard it's flooding and people are being evacuated on the eastern side of croatia but can't find much information?

Thanks very much!

4 Answers May 19, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    • zr1610's Profile Photo

Bus from Pula and campsites/cheap accommodation in Plitvicka NP

by zr1610 Online Now May 16, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Hi all,

I did a little research on my own and found that the bus route from Pula to Plitvicka is as follows:
      Pula-Rijeka-Karlova-Plitvička Jezera, which requires a few bus transfers.

May I know if there is now a direct bus service from Pula to Plitvicka Jezera?

Also, as I am still a student, I really wish to save as much as possible on accommodation. Is there any camping grounds nearby that provide tents or cabins for rental? Or any recommendation on cheap B&Bs would be greatly appreciated too.

A big thank you in advance!

Cheers,
      Zhai

2 Answers May 16, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • open in may 2014

by Yaadtogo Online Now May 15, 2014 at 1:16 PM

the park is already open?
      a friend told me that it's close now

1 Answer May 15, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    • open in may 2014

by Yaadtogo Online Now May 15, 2014 at 1:16 PM

the park is already open?
      a friend told me that it's close now

1 Answer May 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    • zagreb to plitvicka and back

by adar1122 Online Now May 1, 2014 at 4:03 AM

I'm going to zagreb in 16 of july, for a 2 night sleep. I come at 11:30 in the morning. I want to go to plitvicka the next day I come... I understood that I need to buy the bus ticket at the central station... I want to take the earlier bus at 7:30 and go back at the last bus (17:50?). Will it be ok if I buy the bus ticket when I arrive (a day before I want to go there) or is it possible there won't be a seat on the earlier bus because it's the middle of July? Should I buy a train tickets in advance? if so, where can I order it? thanks for any help!

3 Answers May 1, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • visiting plitivka and medjigore from dubrovnik

by eliza58 Online Now May 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM

please help need to have more help on how to get there.thanks eliza

4 Answers May 1, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    • transport from dubrovnik to medjigore and plitvice

by eliza58 Online Now May 1, 2014 at 2:56 AM

we are staying in Dubrovnik-and thinking of going to medjigore and plitvice national park. please advice what the best options as form of transport

• Driving to plitvice lakes at night

by s3phiria Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Hi all, I'm visiting Croatia at the end of May. My flight reaches zadar airport at 830pm at night and I plan to visit plitvice lakes the following day. May I know if it is safe/advisable to drive up there at night, or better to stay in zadar for the night before heading there the next morning? How is the road condition/lighting and weather now? If I remember correctly last year it still snowed in April. Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 1:38 AM
    • Public transportion from Split to Plitvicka Jezera National Park?

by pippas Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Is there any Public transportion from Split to the National Park. Google maps did't show anything.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • car hire at lakes

by ReneCoetzee Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Is it possible to hire a car at plitvice?

5 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    • WongK21's Profile Photo

How to rent a car with driver to the park

by WongK21 Online Now Dec 10, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Hi , I wl visit this park in Dec 20 with my family , I heard that , bus return to Zagreb alway full ,
      so , where can hire a car with the driver in one days,
      anyone can give me an advice ?

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    • camilakey's Profile Photo

Hvar or Plitvice National Park?

by camilakey Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Hey guys!

I would like some help on deciding if I should go to Plitvice for a day or stay a day more in Hvar. If I decide to spend a day in Plitvice, I will have two days and a half in Hvar (some say it is not enough). What would you recommend??

Thanks so much!

7 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • bus from Plitvice to Zadar

by mandy2111 Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Hi, I will be travelling on my own from Australia to Croatia so would like to ensure I have the correct bus timetables. I fly into Zagreb on 17th August and plan to get the late afternoon bus to plitvicka jezera on the 19th and stay the night at the Bellevue Hotel. On the 20th Aug I will spend the day in the park and would like to get the bus to Zadar in the late afternoon/early evening. Can you please let me know if the 17.23 bus will be running on this day and if I can rely on the bus for my transport to Zadar.

M alternative is to spend a 2nd night there and then get the morning bus to Split - which means missing Zadar - any recommendations???

Many thanks

2 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • Visiting the Park with a baby stroller?

by Urbanomad Online Now May 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Hi,

is it possible to visit the park with a baby stroller? I've seen some pictures and it seems the walkways are all of plaques of wood without safety nets....

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

3 Answers May 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Zagreb - Plitvice - Split by Bus

by rbdoshi Online Now May 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

HI,

There are several comments on the subject but I am still confused so troubling you all once again. Wanted to make a pit stop at Plitvice on my way from Zagreb to Split by bus.

1. Is it advisable or do I run the risk of not finding bus from plitvice for Split?
      2. Will the bus drop me all the way to Plitvice? If not, how do I reach from where bus drops me?
      3. Which entrance should I use? (I believe there are 2 entrances)
      4. Is there any provision to keep my luggage safely while roaming in the park?

Any other advice or thing I should consider? I would be traveling there in September.

Thanks in advance!!

13 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Bus to Jajce Bihac

by hsiuchin Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Hello, I am going to Plitvicka Jezara next week. I want to visit Jajce after that, is there a bus going from Plitvicka to Jajce or Bihac? I think I have to catch a bus to Bihac and then catch another bus to Jajce. Does anyone know where to find the bus schedule? Thanks!

10 Answers May 13, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • Bus or Car???

by drabs Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Croatia for mid September. I plan on travelling from Split to Plitvice and then on to Zagreb, although if anyone thinks its better to do it the other way around, let me know!

I was wondering what the best way of travelling round might be. I think it would be good to rent a car (more freedom) but as far as I can see this is alot more expensive than catching buses.

I'd love to hear your ideas and any experiences you've had with this sort of trip.

Thanks

9 Answers Sep 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    • better road or path

by sarit120 Online Now Jul 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Hi,
      I am looking to visit the park next week. I am on a weelchair. please let me know what path shell I go. thanks a lot. Sarit

1 Answer Jul 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    • Best option to get from Plitvice to Belgrade without a car?

by piwas Online Now Jul 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I will have plane departure from Belgrade at 07:00 in the morning 17.08. and interested in spending as much time as possible at Plitvice on 16.08. So which would be the best transport option for me?
      I found just one direct bus from Zadar but it have too early departure from Plitvice at 10:00. Evening train from Zagreb seems don't give as much Plitvice time to win as money to spend. Night bus from Zagreb turns better but it arrived to Belgrade at 04:00 that looks too risky of missing the plane in case of possible delay...
      Any other options?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    • ginahardin's Profile Photo

Accommodations in Plitvice area in August

by ginahardin Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I know I'm going to Croatia at the most crowded time of year - do I need reservations in advance to find a decent sobe or accommodation within 10km of the park entrance? Where is the most fun area to stay if I have a car? Is there an advantage to stay in the park? And how about trogir near Split, do I need a advance reservations there?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    • mayasmin's Profile Photo

Getting to the Park from the town

by mayasmin Online Now May 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Unfortunately, all the 4 hotels near the Plitvice Lake Park are full for the days that we are hoping to visit. If we decide to stay in one of the guest houses in the town of Plitvicka Jezera (not necessarily by the park), how do you get to the park from the town without a car? Or is a car necessary? We were hoping to travel from Zagreb, stay a couple of nights in Plitvice, then proceed to Split, all via buses, but is it better to just do Plitvice as a day trip from Zagreb, stay in Zagreb, and travel to Split from Zagreb? We really are hoping not to rent a car.

Thanks.

3 Answers May 29, 2012 at 1:46 AM
    • anitayusof's Profile Photo

BUS FARES & PLITVICE LAKE ACCOMODATION

by anitayusof Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Hello,
      I will be visiting Croatia in December (dont ask me why I come in December ....LOL...). My questions :
      1. Anyone done these routes by bus recently, plz tell me the fare: Split - Plitvice Lake; Plitvice Lake - Zagreb; Zagreb - Vienna. I hv checked this website autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/te... but can only find timetables, not the fare.
      2. Any preferance seating on the bus, right side or left side for better views?
      3. The Plitvice Lake National Park official website said that only entrance 1 open from November till March. So, if I take this local bus, will this bus pass or can I get down at entrance 1?
      4. I have surfed the accomodations at Plitvice Lake and seems that most of them are situated near entrance 2 or Mukinje. The only one that is close enough to entrance 1 is B & B Krizmanic, which is too expensive for me and it's fully booked at the time of my arrival. Another option is staying at Zafran GH, but this place is 6kms away fr entrance 1. Since I'm coming by bus and I'm having my heavy backpack with me, I dont think I can walk that far. Can anyone reccomend me if there is any other accomodation nearer to entrance 1 (which may not advertised in the internet) and not too expensive....or if I can continue to Zagreb by night bus...Advices plz....

Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    • ky1220's Profile Photo

Transport

by ky1220 Online Now Aug 12, 2009 at 4:40 AM

Hi, I will plan to go Plitvicka Lake from Zagreb. Is it easy to catch the return
      bus form there on Sep? As I check from internet most of the "sobe" locate at
      ulaz "1", is it the main stop for every bus? I will plan to stay one night
      there...

1 Answer Jun 27, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    • Cool-123's Profile Photo

Transportation

by Cool-123 Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Hi hi,

Is it possible to take the bus from Zadar to the Plitvicka Jezera National Park for a day trip and then take the bus from there to Split??

Thanks

Edith

2 Answers Jun 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    • traveling from dubrovnik to Plitvicka

by rosaspurv Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 3:48 AM

Hi!

Im going to dubrovnik for about a week in july. i would really want to visit the Plitvicka Jezera National Park, but im not sure how thats gonna work. does anyone know how long a bustrip like that will take, and can I get to plitvicka with bus from dubrovnik?

Hope anyone have an answer:-)

Emily

2 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 3:00 PM