Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Answers

change location

Best option to get from Plitvice to Belgrade without a car?

by piwas Online Now Jul 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I will have plane departure from Belgrade at 07:00 in the morning 17.08. and interested in spending as much time as possible at Plitvice on 16.08. So which would be the best transport option for me?
I found just one direct bus from Zadar but it have too early departure from Plitvice at 10:00. Evening train from Zagreb seems don't give as much Plitvice time to win as money to spend. Night bus from Zagreb turns better but it arrived to Belgrade at 04:00 that looks too risky of missing the plane in case of possible delay...
Any other options?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Best option to get from Plitvice to Belgrade without a car?

by K_V_B Online Now Jul 25, 2012 at 4:37 AM

I don't think a departure at 7:00 in the morning on the 17th from Belgrade is compatible with spending time in plitvice on the 16th.

By car you would be looking at a 7 hour drive. Bus train will be slower. That 10:00 bus would be the only option.

One hint though: Get there the day before. The local hotels can validate your entrance ticket to the parc for a second day. Then go again early on the 16th, and enjoy the parc before the crowds come. Then take the bus out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Best option to get from Plitvice to Belgrade without a car?

by piwas Online Now Jul 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Thanks for reply!
    Yes, I booked 2 nights stay there but just think it would be great to walk half day more...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Plitvicka Jezera National Park