Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Answers

change location
ginahardin's Profile Photo

Accommodations in Plitvice area in August

by ginahardin Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I know I'm going to Croatia at the most crowded time of year - do I need reservations in advance to find a decent sobe or accommodation within 10km of the park entrance? Where is the most fun area to stay if I have a car? Is there an advantage to stay in the park? And how about trogir near Split, do I need a advance reservations there?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Accommodations in Plitvice area in August

by K_V_B Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

If you have a car you have the advantage that you can always look for something a few km further down the road. In my experience finding accommodation is not a problem in Croatia. Just head for the first "SOBE" sign you see. If they don't have anything available ask them if they know someone who does. My experience is that the hosts are quite wel networked, and have good knowledge who might have something available. Or go to the tourist office, but there you'll pay a small service charge.
    In Plitvice you can't stay in the park itself, but there are a couple of hotels very near the park. And there are plenty of guesthouses. I wouldn't worry if you have a car (which is a good idea in that part of Croatia anyway).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Plitvicka Jezera National Park