Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Answers

change location
anitayusof's Profile Photo

BUS FARES & PLITVICE LAKE ACCOMODATION

by anitayusof Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Hello,
I will be visiting Croatia in December (dont ask me why I come in December ....LOL...). My questions :
1. Anyone done these routes by bus recently, plz tell me the fare: Split - Plitvice Lake; Plitvice Lake - Zagreb; Zagreb - Vienna. I hv checked this website autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/te... but can only find timetables, not the fare.
2. Any preferance seating on the bus, right side or left side for better views?
3. The Plitvice Lake National Park official website said that only entrance 1 open from November till March. So, if I take this local bus, will this bus pass or can I get down at entrance 1?
4. I have surfed the accomodations at Plitvice Lake and seems that most of them are situated near entrance 2 or Mukinje. The only one that is close enough to entrance 1 is B & B Krizmanic, which is too expensive for me and it's fully booked at the time of my arrival. Another option is staying at Zafran GH, but this place is 6kms away fr entrance 1. Since I'm coming by bus and I'm having my heavy backpack with me, I dont think I can walk that far. Can anyone reccomend me if there is any other accomodation nearer to entrance 1 (which may not advertised in the internet) and not too expensive....or if I can continue to Zagreb by night bus...Advices plz....

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • sombat_ch's Profile Photo

Re: BUS FARES & PLITVICE LAKE ACCOMODATION

by sombat_ch Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 5:18 AM

Hi. I just came back from croatia in This april
    1.At April bus fare from Zagreb - Plitvice 88 Kuna plitvice - split 144 Kuna.+ loading luggague 7 Kuna/pcs no information of zagreb - vienna.
    2.In my time the seat was half filled so It easy to move both side
    view from plitvice - splite were lake and marina so it better to right ( opposite drive side )side.
    3. The bus from Zagreb - plitvice will stop at entrance 1 then entrance 2. inform your bus driver ( on my trip the driver stop at Entrance 2 and I need to walk to bellevue hotel inside plitvice lake N.P
    4.In the N.P there was a tram running from entrance 1 to entrance. bus stop at entrance 2 was convenient for backpack . I would recommended to stay in the park Hotel may be more comfortable than outside park or If you have your own car then entrance 1 will be comfortable to find food.
    My trip Plitvice lake to split there was a Krka N.P which is a nice and value to visit may be more beauty than plitvice.
    Sombat Ch.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • anitayusof's Profile Photo

Re: BUS FARES & PLITVICE LAKE ACCOMODATION

by anitayusof Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Thanks so so much sombat_ch for the helpful reply. I've read about Krka NP....lets see if I hv time, I will try to squeeze in this place.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Plitvicka Jezera National Park