Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Answers

change location

LJUBLJANA-PLITVICE LAKES-ZAGREB

by shirleyt Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Our 18 day tour of Croatia ends in Ljubljana.WE are twc senior ladies who want to stay on and visit Lubljana, Plitvice Lakes and Zagreb. We have to end up in Ljubljana in order to fly back to the USA. WE need your excellent advice and suggestions. Thought we would leave our luggage at a hotel in Ljubljana ( suggestions for a moderate price hotel please) Which place should we go to next?
Should we go by bus or train. How many days should we stay in each of these places? Thanks . I know you'll be able to help us

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Re: LJUBLJANA-PLITVICE LAKES-ZAGREB

by Mikebb Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Hi In Oct'05 we took a 9 day tour of Croatia and Slovenia, a fantastic trip. We only had a few hours in Ljubljana a most beautiful town that deserved a longer stay, however we had 2 nightsat Plitvice Lakes, a destination not to be missed, 16 lakes and 100 waterfalls, many trails to walk you would need a week to do them all. Our tour only included a morning walk through some of the lower lake trails , plus a ferry ride on the lake but our Slovenian coach guide also took us to the upper lakes in the afternoon, we were very lucky. These lakes and waterfalls are essential viewing for any visitors to Croatia.
    My recommendation to you is to try and find a day tour to view Plitvic as you really need a guide. Looking at the map You might have to do a 3 day trip Ljubljana, Zagreb ( most likely 2 to 3 hours by bus or coach), Zagreb to Plitvice looks a 2 or 3 hour trip. Walking the trails at plitvice you need good flat shoes with good grip, and it can be tiring.
    I have many photos on my Plitvice pages should you wish to view, another thing, there is little accommodation close to the lakes, we stayed in a large hotel 15 minutes drive from the entrance.
    What month are you visiting, we were mid October and there was ice on ground at the entrance 9am, I am told it can get very hot in summer.
    Hope I have been of assistance, I am certain it is worth the effort to go there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Plitvicka Jezera National Park