Playa Lauro Villar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dress Shop

Nuevo Laredo Jan 14, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Hello! If you are in Nuevo Laredo, do you know of a shop close to the border (tourist) that has exquisite dresses made by hand by a local lady (not the historical gowns) the dresses are mostly white with embroidered flowers--I know sounds like every dress in Mexico-- these look like cotton/silk,
      Kathy

more
    • First time trip outside the United States.

Nuevo Laredo Jan 23, 2016 at 9:49 AM

I am planning to take my 7 year old daughter to see her father. We are going to meet up and stay at a hotel in Nuevo Laredo. I have various questions whst have gotten mixed answers based on people I jave asked. So I just decided to ask here. I will number the questions. Sorry if it's a lot, but I am very nervous and want to know what I'm getting myself into.

1. What are the safest hotels one can recommend and can I reserve them online with a debit/credit card in USD?

2. What is the best/safest way to cross if we plan to cross from Laredo, Texas?

3. We only plan to be there Friday-Sunday. I have heard we DO NOT need passports, that IDs and birth certificates would be okay because the new IDs have a chip in them that accesses all biographical information, how true is this?

4.We are going to drive over in our vehicle. Do we need a permit to cross the car into Mexico? I heard that if we don't go any further than 16-18 miles past the boarder we should be fine... Not sure how true this is?

5. What are some essential items I must take in case of any emergency?

6. Can I take our own snacks and bottled water over the boarder?

7. How bad is crime in Nuevo Laredo? I am most terrified of this part.. What are some info that I should know while I'm there?

8. What should I avoid while there?

9. How do pesos work and how do I understand them?

10. Only going for 3 days, how much money should I take? And will my debit card work over there?

Sorry if some questions are dumb, this is my first time ever, so I want to be prepared.

more