Plano Travel Answers

change location
BeautifulCowGirl's Profile Photo

Things To Do While Up There

by BeautifulCowGirl Online Now May 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Hi Ya'll,

I will be up in Plano TX for 3 or 4 days.
What are some fun things to do up there as well as some good restaurants?
How hot is it in May???

Thanks

BeautifulCowGirl

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Things To Do While Up There

by mccalpin Online Now May 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Are you going to have a car?

Which days are you here?

For example, May 14-16 is the Wildflower Festival in Richardson, which is immediately south of Plano. The Festival actually has almost nothing to do with wildflowers (although the City does plant them in the medians around town...so I'm not sure they're "wild"flowers anymore...but I digress), but is primarily a music festival. I don't know how many people we had last year, but 2 years ago, we had some 80,000 attendees and plenty of acts you have heard of.

This year the lead act is the B-52s...check out http://www.wildflowerfestival.com/

As with most US cities, the Convention and Visitors Bureau provides tourist information - look at visitdallas.com/visitors/eve...
    for the calendar of events for May.

As for restaurants, there are about a million of them in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area...anything in particular interest you?

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now May 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM

My daughter lives in Frisco and her husband works in Plano. When we visit we usually go someplace to sightsee. We've never been but Southfork Ranch has been suggested to us 3700 Hogge Road, also known as Murphy Road Parker, Texas 75002 972-442-7800 www.southfork.com. We've also taken daytrips to Denton, and Grapevine (in addition to Dallas itself) And there is always the Fort Worth cattle drive. There are also a lot of sports stadiums around there such as the Dr Pepper Starcenter Ice Skating Rink and Rough Rider Stadium

Also in Plano itself are

Amazing Jakes at Collin Creek Mall features go-karts, bumper cars, miniature golf, bowling, unlimited arcade games, laser tag, rock wall climbing, great food
    www.amazingjakes.com/plano/

Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
    Historic Downtown Plano

Heritage Farmstead - a Victorian home and 12 outbuildings was the hub of a 360-acre farm operated by a colorful local resident, Ammie Wilson. The museum is open to the public and guided tours are available. www.heritagefarmstead.org/

Interurban Railway Museum and Legacy Town Center

In addition, you can stop to see "Trails in Legacy", a public art collection which includes a series of 22 bronze sculptures located off Bishop Road, north of Legacy Drive at Baccus Plaza.

There are a lot of bronze sculptures around the area including those in Pioneer Park in Dallas and the Mustangs in Irving. And around the business area where J.C. Penny has their offices is a farm with horses etc.

• BeautifulCowGirl's Profile Photo

by BeautifulCowGirl Online Now May 3, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Mccalpin,
    Thanks for posting!
    I will be up there monday 10- thursday 13th of this month.
    & i will have a car.

• pangaeatours's Profile Photo

by pangaeatours Online Now May 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Hello
    You need to go to lake Lewisville.
    There was a great place there called Sneaky Petes
    Brian

• BeautifulCowGirl's Profile Photo

by BeautifulCowGirl Online Now May 4, 2010 at 12:32 PM

thats for the suggest brian! Plus what is sneaky pete's?

• lizscoular's Profile Photo

by lizscoular Online Now May 4, 2010 at 3:00 PM

As to your question about the weather: currently, it's in the 80s. The weather is a bit unpredictable this time of year. Be prepared for high 80s, but bring a wrap for the evenings!

• Re: Things To Do While Up There

by zachglenn Online Now May 14, 2010 at 2:07 PM

If you're going between Plano and Frisco, I recommend staying in McKinney. The Holiday Inn is awesome! It has an indoor pool and its own bar/restaurant.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines